Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,683    Downloads: 1,474,010   Msgs Posted: 128,176   Thread Views: 24,334,836   Online Now: 96
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to all

The attitude of some of us is so familiar. I think if we went back a few years we would read almost the same thing. The team is too individual, they do not care, the coach has lost the room and so on and so on. In that case a number of people were calling for Marty W to be fired. They went on to win the Eastern Conference before losing to the eventual Memorial Cup Champions in the final. The only thing that seemed to come true was that Marty W was fired.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
The attitude of some of us is so familiar. I think if we went back a few years we would read almost the same thing. The team is too individual, they do not care, the coach has lost the room and so on and so on. In that case a number of people were calling for Marty W to be fired. They went on to win the Eastern Conference before losing to the eventual Memorial Cup Champions in the final. The only thing that seemed to come true was that Marty W was fired.
....and they were right. Williamson did lose the room according to Perlini.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:08 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Really?? Where did you read that. That is not what I heard at all.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:15 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Most of you seem to think that the IceDogs are a lost cause and this year is a waste. You do realize they are tied for second in the Eastern Conference?

Almost every team has their ups and downs. Few teams go through a season with no bad spells. Our bad spells seem worst because many of you make it worse. We lost 2 out of 3 on the weekend by single goals in games we outshot the opposition by wide margins.

I think next season when we only have a handful of wins most of you will realize you should have enjoyed this season more.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Really?? Where did you read that. That is not what I heard at all.
He was quoted in an article or in a interview that the players were tired of getting screamed by Williamson and decided to forget about him and decided to play for each other.

Last edited by fishfan51; 03-05-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to allmodaymorninggm is a name known to all

Quote:
Really ! Perlini should know as he was a backbone of that team in terms of character
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Most of you seem to think that the IceDogs are a lost cause and this year is a waste. You do realize they are tied for second in the Eastern Conference?

Almost every team has their ups and downs. Few teams go through a season with no bad spells. Our bad spells seem worst because many of you make it worse. We lost 2 out of 3 on the weekend by single goals in games we outshot the opposition by wide margins.

I think next season when we only have a handful of wins most of you will realize you should have enjoyed this season more.
Yes, they are tied with a team that added virtually nobody at the deadline and wasn't supposed to contend for anything. The Dogs on the other hand mortgaged 5 years of draft picks to "go for it".

I have no problem going for it. In fact in today's OHL unless you're London you have to put your eggs in one basket and go all in. The problem here is, when you go all in, you shouldn't be losing to some of the worst teams in the league on back to back nights when the points matter. That's what the fans are worried about and have every right to.

Winning cures all. Win the division, go into the playoffs and make some noise. All will be good.

Lose in the first or second round and heads should roll. Do you think there will be any accountability?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,120 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
He was quoted in an article or in a interview that the players were tired of getting screamed by Williamson and decided to forget about him and decided to play for each other.
I remember hearing and reading the same thing from Perlini.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think all of this would not be so bad if it weren’t for the loss of the 1st round pick from the OHL sanctions, as well as that massive, bloody fine. Don’t kid yourself, that little transaction is going to be hurting the IceDogs for years. That is why, to me, the the IceDogs were, and are, all-in for THIS SEASON. That’s why, for me, I had exceedingly high expectations for this year. This is why it has driven me crazy to see other teams come in here, and seemingly play with much more focus, much more purpose than the Dogs do. Now, it’s not entirely the fault of the coaching staff - certainly the sanctions aren’t - but with only a handful of games left, limping into the playoffs is the last thing I wanted to see.
And next year, the Dogs will go from one of the most veteran-laden teams to without a doubt the youngest. With no Lleyton Moore, and no 1st-round pick.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I think all of this would not be so bad if it werenít for the loss of the 1st round pick from the OHL sanctions, as well as that massive, bloody fine. Donít kid yourself, that little transaction is going to be hurting the IceDogs for years. That is why, to me, the the IceDogs were, and are, all-in for THIS SEASON. Thatís why, for me, I had exceedingly high expectations for this year. This is why it has driven me crazy to see other teams come in here, and seemingly play with much more focus, much more purpose than the Dogs do. Now, itís not entirely the fault of the coaching staff - certainly the sanctions arenít - but with only a handful of games left, limping into the playoffs is the last thing I wanted to see.
And next year, the Dogs will go from one of the most veteran-laden teams to without a doubt the youngest. With no Lleyton Moore, and no 1st-round pick.
I disagree somewhat it would be just as bad if they had the first rounder cause thatís just what happens on here win everything is great lose the world is ending and theyíre a horrible group of players/coaches. The icedogs are all in because of what they gave up but I donít think no first rounder changes expectations for a team thatís ďall inĒ teams come in here and play with more focus because itís JUNIOR HOCKEY happens when teams are fighting for their playoffs lives they play like Barrie did and letís not forget Sunday was the 3rd game in 2 and a half days was I hoping they looked better against the sting absolutely but was i surprised about what happened the first half of the game heck no