Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,683    Downloads: 1,476,156   Msgs Posted: 128,184   Thread Views: 24,359,304   Online Now: 41
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: How far do you think the IceDogs will make it this year?
Memorial Cup Champions 0 0%
OHL Champions 5 16.67%
Eastern Conference Champions 4 13.33%
Central Division Champions 5 16.67%
None of the above 16 53.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2019, 08:18 AM

Thanked 3,325 Times in 1,818 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default End of the Season Poll

How far will the IceDogs make it this year?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:21 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Compare this to the feeling at the halfway mark here.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m sticking with my original choice and say we win the division and we’ll see from there this team could go both ways win it all or out in round 2 if they play Ottawa or a hot Luukkonen
Old 03-04-2019, 11:20 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,200 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

IMO, the division comes down to Fridays game against the Wolves. Winner of that game wins the division. After this weekends results, I expect the Dogs to rebound and win the game. I'm a bit worried about Erie on Thursday as the Dogs tend to lay eggs in trap games.

I think they win the division, but you'd have to be drinking some weird kool-aid to think they're winning a league championship at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
IMO, the division comes down to Fridays game against the Wolves. Winner of that game wins the division. After this weekends results, I expect the Dogs to rebound and win the game. I'm a bit worried about Erie on Thursday as the Dogs tend to lay eggs in trap games.

I think they win the division, but you'd have to be drinking some weird kool-aid to think they're winning a league championship at this point.
with you Friday probably decides it although they still have to play the Soo Wednesday and Oshawa the last game of the season
Old 03-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,120 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

My wife and I have been avid fans of our Ice Dogs since shortly after Christmas of 2007, their first season here in Niagara.
We have lived through many, many ups and downs over the years.

I look at the poll above and cannot click on any of the options other than the bottom one.

We really like this team, but, I do not trust them at all as I never know which team is coming out of the gate from game to game.

My heart wants me to say that we are Halifax bound, but, my head tells me that we most likely go down in the second round.

I am not trying to beat up our team but, for most games, I do not see a team.
I see 20 individuals playing like individuals.
Unless they come together as one unit, the playoff run will not be what we were expecting.

It is my hope that they get it together and no matter what this year's outcome, my wife and I will be sitting at the rink for training camp watching our future Ice Dogs trying to make the team.

I really hope that they get it together.
Go Dogs Go!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 08:27 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
My wife and I have been avid fans of our Ice Dogs since shortly after Christmas of 2007, their first season here in Niagara.

I look at the poll above and cannot click on any of the options other than the bottom one.

We really like this team, but, I do not trust them at all as I never know which team is coming out of the gate from game to game.

My heart wants me to say that we are Halifax bound, but, my head tells me that we most likely go down in the second round.

Unless they come together as one unit, the playoff run will not be what we were expecting.

It is my hope that they get it together and no matter what this year's outcome, my wife and I will be sitting at the rink for training camp watching our future Ice Dogs trying to make the team.

Go Dogs Go!!
Truer words have never been spoken. I don't want to seem negative either, but can't or don't see this team coming together on all fronts for two months. And that's what you need come playoffs. Togetherness, Unity, TEAM.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post

Go Dogs Go!!
They will come together come playoff time...mark my words.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,459 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Look no further than last year for the unpredictability of junior hockey. The Hamilton Bulldogs were a collective mess after the trade deadline and just barely got it together in the final weeks heading into the playoffs, but were still not considered nowhere near good enough to win an OHL championship.

Every one of these “go for it” teams this year have concerns about their team – and if you think otherwise you are following the OHL with blinders on. Not one of those fan bases are completely convinced their team is good enough to win it all – so many IceDogs fans are in good company.

That being said, obviously nothing is for certain, but this team does has enough talent, experience and more importantly the high character players like Dhillon, Lodnia, Robertson, Jones and Studnicka to elevate their game X10 and pull everyone along with them when it really counts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
They will come together come playoff time...mark my words.
I hope you are right, I fear you are not. My impending sense is one of grief for a very good opportunity that was squandered.