Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,627    Downloads: 1,382,823   Msgs Posted: 125,863   Thread Views: 23,433,730   Online Now: 121
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:01 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,031 Times in 701 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I find in most games the most shots on net Dhillion is better a bit like Visitien.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:15 PM

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,709 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

The next game thread is available
here
Old 03-07-2019, 11:42 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Oh? Dhillon stopped 22 out of 26 shots for a .846% tonight. You don't see a tiny problem there?
I donít think he was overly bad tonight other than the 4th goal and maybe the the first goal (Iíd have to see it again to be sure)
Old 03-08-2019, 05:02 AM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh? Dhillon stopped 22 out of 26 shots for a .846% tonight. You don't see a tiny problem there?
Please elaborate on how those goals could have been played differently, so as to result in a S/O every game. Don't be afraid to enlighten us with your vast amount of knowledge on the subject overall, and the position of goal. Then have the group discuss.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:11 AM

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,709 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
Please elaborate on how those goals could have been played differently, so as to result in a S/O every game. Don't be afraid to enlighten us with your vast amount of knowledge on the subject overall, and the position of goal. Then have the group discuss.
Well ya see, if he used his body or a piece of his equipment to keep the puck on the other side of that little red line then that really helps. Over the years of watching hockey I have seen goalies do just that, and the ones who do it better, faster and reliably get scouted successfully and subsequently drafted into the NHL. I am not sure if the group agrees, but so far the NHL sides with me on Stephen Dhillon .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,035 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

A good win last night and tied with Sudbury for 1st in our division, but not a pretty one.
In my Non-Expert opinion, our boys played like a Championship team is supposed to play for a little under 40 minutes.
We only have a handful of games left and I was hoping that we would play a full 60 game.
Dhillon was guilty of giving up a couple of soft goals again.
Once again, in my non-expert opinion
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 06:35 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,035 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I don’t think he was overly bad tonight other than the 4th goal and maybe the the first goal (I’d have to see it again to be sure)
The second goal was the real soft one, in my opinion.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 03-08-2019 at 06:37 AM. Reason: wording correction
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 06:59 AM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. I am not sure if the group agrees, but so far the NHL sides with me on Stephen Dhillon .
Quote:
Former Junior guy here. I still do clinics and private coaching as an eternal student of the position.

The last two "people of hockey importance" I have spoken with mention his positioning and movement. Have a look at some goals, is he square to the puck when the shot is released? Is he in a set position?

He gets away with more because he has some size to make up for his weaker areas and is also a pretty astute goalie. There were goals given up last night and we are not always going to be able to provide 7 goals as a safety buffer. Gotta be dialled in for the road ahead. That's as positive as I can paint it.

Last night the way I saw it:

1st goal - perfect shot, relied on size to cover top portion of net,.
2nd goal - decent shot, cheated blocker side a bit due to player standing open next to him
3rd goal - good shot, cleanly beaten
4th goal - positioning

Last edited by TwoPadStack; 03-08-2019 at 07:13 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

In my non-expert opinion tonight will be the ultimate test of just how badly our guys want the division...expecting their best effort of the year for a full 60 minutes...Go Dogs
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 07:46 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Well ya see, if he used his body or a piece of his equipment to keep the puck on the other side of that little red line then that really helps. Over the years of watching hockey I have seen goalies do just that, and the ones who do it better, faster and reliably get scouted successfully and subsequently drafted into the NHL. I am not sure if the group agrees, but so far the NHL sides with me on Stephen Dhillon .
I love it when the big boys fight. Just the perfect amount of sarcasm and contempt but nothing low brow and obvious.

In my non-expert opinion (not a goalie) Dhillon is quite good, some games in fact he is purely brilliant and those are the ones that raise his worth. He has the potential to play very well his failure is consistency. My hunch is he sometimes spends too much time in his own brain and when things don't go the way he expects, he gets stuck. He is an intellectual goalie and they do better when there is less time to think.

To illustrate this, watch him the next time he plays the puck. If it requires a quick move he takes it and it usually turns out well. If he has time to consider too many different options he stutters with the puck, coughs it up or makes a bad play. This coincides with those games where he is absolutely getting shelled, but when the shot clock is lower, with plenty of time to think, he starts to wander.