Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,628    Downloads: 1,391,239   Msgs Posted: 126,114   Thread Views: 23,506,050   Online Now: 122
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 PM

Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,719 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
yes going to end up 4th league..oshawa will have 5800 plus sunday game against sudbury..
still very good season
We are third now with 5035
Old 03-14-2019, 11:26 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,329 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Sometimes coming up against a chippy underskilled team is a great rallying point for a team. It's nice to see how they stuck up for themselves and each other. Good experience for our guys tonight.

Ingham's little sale on the contact in the 3rd and the associated tantrum was quite a show. Surprised he didn't get tossed.
This game was also a reminder that the IceDogs needed to add a Daniel Walker or Luke Boka type. In a year when you hope to go deep in the playoffs, that was an essential piece of the puzzle.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 PM

Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,719 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
yes refs lost control of game...
They never HAD control of the game. Sending six players to the box in one call is proof positive you have no idea what is happening on the ice. Make the first call, penalize the instigator or the third man in on the skirmish. Two guys drop the gloves and square off, let them fight. You don't have to even up every call, they are penalties not Christmas presents!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 12:13 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
This game was also a reminder that the IceDogs needed to add a Daniel Walker or Luke Boka type. In a year when you hope to go deep in the playoffs, that was an essential piece of the puzzle.
Disagree if anything this showed they’re fine without someone like that sorry I’d rather have my guys on the ice not constantly in the box or stands like Walker has been this year what’s he on his 3rd or 4th suspension
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 05:10 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

With our players looking for a division title I think they went a little nutso at the end of that game yesterday...with those idiot refs who knows what kind of trouble we may have gotten our selves into? Didn't look like our coach had much control over his guys at times..and who knows how many bodies we could be short going into this crucial weekend? Anyone else think we showed a little lack of discipline? Maybe it's just me.

Last edited by Chipperdog; 03-15-2019 at 05:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 06:28 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,669 Times in 1,047 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Not sure if this warrants a misconduct but Brassard made a point of telling the Steelheads coach they would be golfing soon.
I don't care how chippy the game was, players still have to show some classiness after a win.
Good on the refs who lost control of the game for giving the misconduct penalty to Brassard.

Thank you Blacksox for the info.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:34 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,669 Times in 1,047 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I agree with you about the players mentioned above.
Other teams need to know that they will pay the price if they want to act up.

But, this player would have to be reliable and not go nuts and end up getting bench like our last year's designated enforcer did last season.

I thought our players did well last night in the backing up their team mates.

Go Dogs Go!!
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:35 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,736 Times in 956 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
the IceDogs medical staff does not have a very good track record with early assessment of injuries, but for what it’s worth again…

Matt and DJ ‏@IceDogsThisWeek

Told Castleman has gone to the hospital to get looked at but the team is hopeful it’s not serious.

That makes a hat trick for ‘nothing serious’ comments now doesn’t it ? Good grief ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,736 Times in 956 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
With our players looking for a division title I think they went a little nutso at the end of that game yesterday...with those idiot refs who knows what kind of trouble we may have gotten our selves into? Didn't look like our coach had much control over his guys at times..and who knows how many bodies we could be short going into this crucial weekend? Anyone else think we showed a little lack of discipline? Maybe it's just me.

Thomas was absolutely tackled at the end of th game ... one of the Dogs’ best players .... what do you expect them to do ? I was mad that they didn’t jump in sooner ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,733 Times in 1,329 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Disagree if anything this showed they’re fine without someone like that sorry I’d rather have my guys on the ice not constantly in the box or stands like Walker has been this year what’s he on his 3rd or 4th suspension
Whether it was Walker or Boka or someone else - JB completely missed when he did not add the final piece of the puzzle for a team looking to go deep in the playoffs. He added Carbonara last year to protect his star players, I don't understand why he did not add one this year. They are inexpensive players to acquire. Mark my works, the IceDogs are in trouble!

Christner blindsides Castleman and seriously injuries him. Then on his next shift, a period later, Christner drills Maksimov into the board from behind – a dangerous and cowardly hit. Maksimov could have been seriously injured. And since no one had done anything to him, Christner continues on looking to knock another player out of the IceDogs lineup when he pushes Robertson into the net and jumps him from behind – and all I could think of the entire time is - a vulnerable Jason Robertson is going to get hurt at the bottom of the pile.

The Christner situation needed to be taken care of by someone specifically brought in to take of it – on his next shift after the Castleman injury. Bukac at least tried, after the hit, but these officials are buffoons.

This is just the tip of the IceBerg for the IceDogs come playoff time. I’m a lot concern right now!