Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,769    Downloads: 1,708,894   Msgs Posted: 132,093   Thread Views: 28,283,726   Online Now: 160
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Sopa is fun to watch. Hope he stays until the end of his OHL career.

Remember when we all figured our goaltending was going to be a hot mess this year?
Old 10-05-2019, 02:19 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Well Kingston is just really bad lol

It was an entertaining game though nonetheless

The Dogs PP is just lethal right now I think second in the OHL.

Sopa is turning out to becoming probably the best import the Dogs have ever drafted ...

For all the Thomas haters out there he had a great night all around ... wish he wasn’t blocking shots on the PK though ... is that smart really? He’s our biggest trade chip we don’t need him injured ... hey Joey talk to Billy will ya?

Tomasino has elite NHL speed ... what a treat to watch ... Joey trade him at the deadline of 2021 please lol

I continue to be impressed with Tynan ... sure he could use some work on rebound control but geez gotta remember he’s a raw rookie and he looks very poised between the pipes ...

I think the action on this board will be lower than past years simply because niagara is not a serious contender ... I expect traffic will generally be down on this board this year except for the ultra die hards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So with LA Kings scouts in attendance, and after a great camp in which he worked his tail off, Akil should stop working hard and blocking shots for a team in which he was named team captain to be an example for the young players we have?

I hope your post was sarcastic?
Old 10-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,186 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
So with LA Kings scouts in attendance, and after a great camp in which he worked his tail off, Akil should stop working hard and blocking shots for a team in which he was named team captain to be an example for the young players we have?

No sarcasm whatsoever actually ...

I don’t want our best trade chip on the PK blocking shots... I love the heart ... don’t get me wrong ... but he took one off the knee last night and limped to the bench. This is nothing year for the Dogs and the most important thing for the team is ensuring the health of our trade chips, and developing our young players.

The OHL is not the NHL. These players are not here for ten years. Their stay here is a short time and when you are rebuilding you have to trade your best players to recoup draft picks.

If Thomas were to suffer a season ending injury before we were able to trade him it would be a MASSIVE setback to this organization.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

I never ever said he should stop working hard. I said stop blocking shots.

Lol

Old 10-05-2019, 03:41 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
No sarcasm whatsoever actually ...

I don’t want our best trade chip on the PK blocking shots... I love the heart ... don’t get me wrong ... but he took one off the knee last night and limped to the bench. This is nothing year for the Dogs and the most important thing for the team is ensuring the health of our trade chips, and developing our young players.

The OHL is not the NHL. These players are not here for ten years. Their stay here is a short time and when you are rebuilding you have to trade your best players to recoup draft picks.

If Thomas were to suffer a season ending injury before we were able to trade him it would be a MASSIVE setback to this organization.

Wow. Thank goodness you're not on my team, or the captain of 16 and 17 year olds trying to be an example for them.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:40 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,146 Times in 675 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Not to change the subject but for anyone know how bad Bruder's injury is
Old 10-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Wow. Thank goodness you're not on my team, or the captain of 16 and 17 year olds trying to be an example for them.

He can set an example without being on the PK blocking shots ... think he did that by throwing some big hits, crushing it on the PP, and getting five points last night ...

He can also set an example without being on the ice in the last minute of a playoff series which they had won ... and then taking a cheap shot, getting hurt, and missing the first two games of the next series, in a series we would end up losing ... let me know how that worked out for us last year?

You need to have your stars picks their spots in this league especially when the whole league knows you will be trading him in two months time ....... it’s called asset management ... I think the raptors may have referred to it as ‘load management’ last year? Think that worked out for them well last year, no?

Let him work the PK and block shots all he wants once we trade him for a boatload of desperately needed picks and players ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 05:01 PM

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,922 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

It has been my experience, when the Dogs win, less is said. Similarly, when they lose but should have won, much is said. Also when they lose, and should have lost less is said.

'nuff said.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 06:46 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

What is Howards injury?...I really miss his truculance.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,146 Times in 675 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Not sure what the injury is but according to DJ Brooks, Howard told him he should be back next week
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread