Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,212,189   Msgs Posted: 121,984   Thread Views: 21,718,173   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Should the IceDogs buy or sell?
Buy - we are close and we can afford two more players! 7 28.00%
Sell - we don't have enough and can't buy enough to change it! 18 72.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,137 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
My understanding is that his attitude was even bad in London.
This recent trade confirms that Mark and Dale Hunter are degenerates. David Branch and his son are not too far behind those two.

If those two had any integrity they would have acknowledge Rowe’s flaws as a player and a person and traded Lucas Rowe for what he was truly worth- a 12th pick and not two 2nd and a 3rd.

This trade combined with another kid taking Harriet Hunter’s Underground Railroad into London is just further proof that Dale and Mark - and not King David run this league.

An NHL drafted player (Paul Cotter) – total cost? Zero!!! I’m getting very near the end of my support of ohl hockey. I love the product – but hate the rules that govern this one team league.

Ottawa, Oshawa and Niagara may as well sell - why bother? London does what they want - and get whoever they want – whenever they want. Difficult for any of the other 19 teams to compete against that. It's a total embarrassment for this league!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I really just don’t let it bother me. Because you’re right, the London Knights pretty much run the OHL, and there’s dick-all anyone can do about it. Except maybe also have a 9,000-seat rink at capacity all year, every year. Add to that paying your players way more than anyone else can, and to be run like an NHL team by former NHLers.
I like to think about it like this: it would be like having an Ontario version of the Sutters coming in to run the IceDogs. With seven brothers, you have enough Sutters to be GM, Head Coach, assistants and Head Scout. And the Sutters would simply scour the province to find all the best talent.
And once the team starts winning, it would take less and less convincing for a 14, 15, 16 year-old and his family to sign on with you.
And I think the London Knights are bringing in so much cash to the OHL coffers that nobody at the OHL BoG meetings has a lot to say in protest over the way the Knights are running the business.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 01:40 AM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

A couple of thoughts.
First if Joey can get Dellandrea from Flint for Ince straight up he should win Executive of the Year. That would be one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.
Secondly instead of complaining about London may be the Ice Dogs should make the same investments the Knights do and work as hard as they do and they too could reap the top players. The Ice Dogs have a great building and great fans.
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 07:02 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,476 Times in 906 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
This recent trade confirms that Mark and Dale Hunter are degenerates. David Branch and his son are not too far behind those two.

If those two had any integrity they would have acknowledge Rowe’s flaws as a player and a person and traded Lucas Rowe for what he was truly worth- a 12th pick and not two 2nd and a 3rd.

This trade combined with another kid taking Harriet Hunter’s Underground Railroad into London is just further proof that Dale and Mark - and not King David run this league.

An NHL drafted player (Paul Cotter) – total cost? Zero!!! I’m getting very near the end of my support of ohl hockey. I love the product – but hate the rules that govern this one team league.

Ottawa, Oshawa and Niagara may as well sell - why bother? London does what they want - and get whoever they want – whenever they want. Difficult for any of the other 19 teams to compete against that. It's a total embarrassment for this league!
I have to keep reminding myself that David Branch is an person employed by the OHL. He answers to the Board of Governors.
If the 19 other owners do not have the gumption to take the Hunters in hand, then, shame on them for the League being the way it is.
I am not a fan of Branch but, it is what it is.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:47 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to all

Sorry if it is somewhere in here already, if we sell and try to build for a team that could host the memorial cup, when is the next season that the OHL can bid for?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
Sorry if it is somewhere in here already, if we sell and try to build for a team that could host the memorial cup, when is the next season that the OHL can bid for?
Intriguing but London might screw that up fior everyone too.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

The price that they charge for tickets...they can have it
Old 11-13-2018, 09:40 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
The price that they charge for tickets...they can have it

I agree

I don’t really have any desire to pay basically NHL prices to watch the memorial cup. I saw the Kitchener Rangers win it all at the Aud before the Dogs were around so that’s off my bucket list.

The prices they charge for the memorial cup are ludicrous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Buy or sell may depend on the next couple of weekends hope Thomas injury is nit has bad has we think read on the Ottawa HF board Graham Clarke out for at least a month separated shoulder.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Per billy Burke on the post game show after the battle of the dogs tonight

‘Akhil is doing well back from LA tomorrow could play Sunday but we are going to give him a little more time and he will be ready to go next Friday night”

Exhale Niagara ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: