Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,746    Downloads: 1,650,269   Msgs Posted: 130,804   Thread Views: 27,554,792   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 08:18 PM

Thanked 3,468 Times in 1,898 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 7)

After earning only two of a possible six points last week, the IceDogs actually climbed back into sixth place. The team has 13 points and a 0.433 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are Tomasino (10-15), Sopa (10-10) and Thomas (5-15) while Tynan remains our number one goalie by a landslide (3.60GAA, 0.920% - 3rd best percentage in the league).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 11:53 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,630 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Playoff Watch
6 Niagara 13 pts
------------------------
9 North Bay 6 pts H-Sudbury; H-Peterborough
10 Kingston 5 pts H-Oshawa; @ Peterborough

Fantilli Watch
1 Kingston 5 pts
2 North Bay 6 pts
3 Mississauga 8 pts
4 Sarnia 10 pts
5 SSM 11 pts
6 Hamilton 13 pts
7 Niagara 13 pts

*Elvis has left the building*
Old 10-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,209 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Playoff Watch
6 Niagara 13 pts
------------------------
9 North Bay 6 pts H-Sudbury; H-Peterborough
10 Kingston 5 pts H-Oshawa; @ Peterborough

Fantilli Watch
1 Kingston 5 pts
2 North Bay 6 pts
3 Mississauga 8 pts
4 Sarnia 10 pts
5 SSM 11 pts
6 Hamilton 13 pts
7 Niagara 13 pts

*Elvis has left the building*
I am not so sure that Elvis was even in the building.
I remind myself of the Dougie Hamilton draft. He, Family and the agent informed everyone that the only team he would report to, if drafted was Niagara. That is because Freddie was here.
Could we see lightning strike twice in Niagara?
Old 10-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I remind myself of the Dougie Hamilton draft. He, Family and the agent informed everyone that the only team he would report to, if drafted was Niagara. That is because Freddie was here.
Could we see lightning strike twice in Niagara?
In order for lightning to strike he’d have to drop 4 maybe 5 picks (I’m still not sold on Hamilton’s team) and I think one of the teams might take a chance and draft him knowing worse case scenario they said he’s defected and get an extra first the following year
Old 10-29-2019, 06:01 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
In order for lightning to strike he’d have to drop 4 maybe 5 picks (I’m still not sold on Hamilton’s team) and I think one of the teams might take a chance and draft him knowing worse case scenario they said he’s defected and get an extra first the following year
A logical concern for sure, but apparently, agents are not to be underestimated. Not one teams drafted Antonio Stranges and declared him defected - not sure why. Phil Tomasino would have gone a couple of spots higher had his agent not indicated Niagara or Oshawa prior to the draft. The OHL has a long, long list of players that teams surprisingly avoid using the “defected” rule on – and drafted the best player willing to sign. It certainly gives IceDogs fans hope that an agent can get Adam Fantilli to drop to #5 to play with his brother .
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 06:24 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
I remind myself of the Dougie Hamilton draft. He, Family and the agent informed everyone that the only team he would report to, if drafted was Niagara. That is because Freddie was here. Could we see lightning strike twice in Niagara?
Hey, why not At this point, Niagara has the most to offer Fantilli family:

1. OHL: Best developmental league
2. BROTHER: Luca Fantilli
3. OPPORTUNITY: Begin playing together immediately - for the next 3 years.

With Niagara, Luca would have 3 years of OHL eligibility remaining - and Adam Fantilli would be an IceDog for the same 3 years.

Since Luca is a couple years older than Adam, they would not be able to align themselves perfectly going the NCAA route. They could conceivably play together in a lesser league (USHL) but that seems the unlikeliest of the 3 options.

Since Niagara will probably not be picking number one – having those other 2 options as leverage - may very well get Adam Fantilli drafted by Niagara at #5.
Old 10-29-2019, 06:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,209 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Hey, why not At this point, Niagara has the most to offer Fantilli family:

1. OHL: Best developmental league
2. BROTHER: Luca Fantilli
3. OPPORTUNITY: Begin playing together immediately - for the next 3 years.

With Niagara, Luca would have 3 years of OHL eligibility remaining - and Adam Fantilli would be an IceDog for the same 3 years.

Since Luca is a couple years older than Adam, they would not be able to align themselves perfectly going the NCAA route. They could conceivably play together in a lesser league (USHL) but that seems the unlikeliest of the 3 options.

Since Niagara will probably not be picking number one – having those other 2 options as leverage - may very well get Adam Fantilli drafted by Niagara at #5.
lightning could once again strike.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:36 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
lightning could once again strike.
There is no value in drafting him if he wants to play with his brother. Trouble is JB has a reputation for overpaying and if a better GM plays his cards right, he can get an extra 1st rounder and a boatload of picks from the IceDogs.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post

After earning only two of a possible six points last week, the IceDogs actually climbed back into sixth place. The team has 13 points and a 0.433 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are Tomasino (10-15), Sopa (10-10) and Thomas (5-15) while Tynan remains our number one goalie by a landslide (3.60GAA, 0.920% - 3rd best percentage in the league).
No one else has commented but I like the weekly thread. I mean I miss the humorous banners but I can understand they took a lot of time to produce.
Old 10-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Team Captain

Anthony Agostinelli has been out a long time. Anyone know the injury he is dealing with?
Closed Thread