Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,652,123   Msgs Posted: 130,878   Thread Views: 27,627,430   Online Now: 116
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,957 Times in 1,242 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I gave it a listen yesterday. A couple things.....

If the Dogs fired or got rid of everyone that does a poor job, how is the coach still employed?

It's not up to the Dogs to decide if they do a good podcast or not. They don't work for the team. Granted these guys don't sound like they belong to any media group. Sounds like a couple of buddies talking about the game with each other. But, the Dogs should've checked that out before accrediting them. Now they don't like what they have to say?

Is anyone surprised?
Old 10-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Rookie

Dogtired will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I gave it a listen yesterday. A couple things.....

If the Dogs fired or got rid of everyone that does a poor job, how is the coach still employed?

It's not up to the Dogs to decide if they do a good podcast or not. They don't work for the team. Granted these guys don't sound like they belong to any media group. Sounds like a couple of buddies talking about the game with each other. But, the Dogs should've checked that out before accrediting them. Now they don't like what they have to say?

Is anyone surprised?
I am starting to think that this may have been the reason Matt and DJ quit. They were heavily criticized for being perceived as an extension of the teamís PR department. What ever they were told by the team they told us and some of it ended up being untrue, which made them look bad. The fact they never criticized the IceDogs for giving them wrong information made it look like they were okay with it. But I am starting to see that if they did criticize the IceDogs, their would have been repercussions. So they walked away instead.

Iím noticing even the Standardís coverage is spotty at best this year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogtired For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought:
You’re probably aware of the numerous cuts Made by networks such as Sportsnet, TSN, and others that have seen such broadcasters like Nick Kypreos, Bob McCown, Doug McLean, Daren Millard and others. In fact there are likely many that I’m forgetting. This morning I heard that the same has happened out in Vancouver this morning. I won’t list all the names here, as you might not be familiar with any of them. But suffice it to say, these aren’t interns or first-years or kids fresh out of college. These are veteran broadcasters for whom these jobs were both their passion and their livelihood.
What’s the point? The point is, what we are seeing is the largest change, the largest herd-thinning if you want, in the history of sports media. I hate to beat on a dead horse, but, you might not be a fan of podcasters like Chris Mancuso or others, but this is where it’s going, folks. Networks being forced to squeeze out more content for less money. Podcasts are where sports media is going. If TSN and Sportsnet and CBC Sports are still around 20 years from now, I will be very much surprised. What we need is more pod-content, not less. More coverage, not less. More creativity, more opinion(well thought out opinion)
You want to criticize what’s out there now? Great. But don’t just criticize - contribute.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, welcome, DogTired
Old 10-16-2019, 11:32 AM

Thanked 3,472 Times in 1,901 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
You want to criticize whatís out there now? Great. But donít just criticize - contribute.
I think by everyone's participation here, they ARE contributing. This forum is a valid source both for fact and opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 02:57 PM
Big League

Good point, ND. Even this forum itself is a form of media, supposedly seen and read even by members of the IceDogs themselves. But I think we as Dogs fans should be critical only for the purposes of building each other up as Dogs fans and Dogs media.
GDG
Old 10-16-2019, 03:17 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Good point, ND. Even this forum itself is a form of media, supposedly seen and read even by members of the IceDogs themselves. But I think we as Dogs fans should be critical only for the purposes of building each other up as Dogs fans and Dogs media.
GDG
Well as much as I enjoy a few choruses of Kumbaya, what some people label as critical others may call constructive. This forum is indeed media and it is read by fans, players, parents, staff, industry officials, the odd London Knights fan and the occasional person with the last name of Burke. People are welcome to sign up, abide by the rules and contribute or to just read the comments as a non-member.

I can't comment on the quality or constructiveness of the podcast in question because I never once listened to it.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,122 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Well as much as I enjoy a few choruses of Kumbaya, what some people label as critical others may call constructive. This forum is indeed media and it is read by fans, players, parents, staff, industry officials, the odd London Knights fan and the occasional person with the last name of Burke. People are welcome to sign up, abide by the rules and contribute or to just read the comments as a non-member.

I can't comment on the quality or constructiveness of the podcast in question because I never once listened to it.

Don’t waste your time listening to it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Don’t waste your time listening to it ...
So perhaps this has less to do with censorship and more to do with obtaining press credentials under false pretenses?

I know AlphaDog used to have an OHL/IceDogs press pass which explains all the nifty photos he took... certainly no one attempted to censor him or the forum. Even though this site is independent and sometimes critical of the team or its leadership, there has never once been even a hint that the organization wanted to stifle it.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,122 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
So perhaps this has less to do with censorship and more to do with obtaining press credentials under false pretenses?

I know AlphaDog used to have an OHL/IceDogs press pass which explains all the nifty photos he took... certainly no one attempted to censor him or the forum. Even though this site is independent and sometimes critical of the team or its leadership, there has never once been even a hint that the organization wanted to stifle it.

Whatever happened to that Alphadog guy?

Hasn’t been on here in ages

Guess he doesn’t follow the O anymore

I seem to recall he liked the Neanderthal aspect of the O and with fighting almost non existent now I suspect that he doesn’t watch anymore ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk