Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,686   Msgs Posted: 130,768   Thread Views: 27,517,128   Online Now: 115
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Not that I disagree with you, but I think I will coach the IceDogs before Ted Nolan will.
I think everyone on here would get a crack at coaching the team before Ted Nolan
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,239 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
We remind our athletes - players win games and coaches lose them. In the case of the IceDogs, mostly last year and even this year (although expected in year one of a rebuild) this is less a case about personnel and more about the coaches how they adapt, adjust, correct and fix what is not working.

Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but a few years ago the d-zone coverage, breakouts, offensive structure and the PK were noticeably better when Ted Dent was an associate coach perhaps BB (in his rookie year) leaned on Dent more heavily to coach the team.

I keep coming back to this name each year. Ted Nolan.

Not sure if Nolan has ever been considered or approached by the IceDogs for the position of HC. He has an extensive track record of success at every level of hockey. Nolan was last employed as a coach in 2018 and I assume he still lives in the Niagara Region. Nolan is the perfect fit to lead the IceDogs in this rebuild (and was even more so last year). He brings to the IceDogs (and the OHL) unmatched coaching credibility.
I would take Ted Nolan in a second. This would require the Burkes admitting that Billy is in over his head. Never going to happen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,119 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I would take Ted Nolan in a second. This would require the Burkes admitting that Billy is in over his head. Never going to happen.

Glad to see ff51 has returned from his self
Imposed turn in the sin bin

Welcome back ff51!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 10:28 PM

Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,897 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Unless you make Billy the much coveted Director of Hockey Operations and someone else does the coaching.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,239 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Unless you make Billy the much coveted Director of Hockey Operations and someone else does the coaching.
Do you think Ted Nolan is going to work under the dynamic duo?
Old 10-18-2019, 10:34 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of light

????NO?????
Old 10-18-2019, 10:35 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Think I said the director of hockey operations Should ideally not be a Burke lol

Old 10-18-2019, 10:35 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Do you think Ted Nolan is going to work under the dynamic duo?
I think the contract could be worded to preserve the illusion of who was calling the shots.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Think I said the director of hockey operations Should ideally not be a Burke lol
You say a lot of things.
Old 10-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
You say a lot of things.

I do

Lol

Closed Thread