Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,775   Msgs Posted: 130,971   Thread Views: 27,684,482   Online Now: 101
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: How many points will the IceDogs get this week?
6 - firing on all cylinders 1 6.67%
5 - hey, no one's perfect 0 0%
4 - two outta three ain't bad 5 33.33%
3 - 50/50 2 13.33%
2 - consistent 7 46.67%
1 - didn't get skunked 0 0%
0 - wtf 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 10:04 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,966 Times in 1,244 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
DeSimone and Uberti have been disappointments thus far ... both invisible most games .... not getting any PP time really either to help build confidence ... that’s disturbing for the future of these two don’t develop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re both 4th round picks, not elite level talent that some think that you would build a team around. They got very limited ice last year. I don’t think anyone knows what to expect from them. Last year as 4th liners, when they got on the ice, they played against the other teams 4th line and 3rd D-pairing. Now moving up the line-up they face the oppositions “better” players.

IMO, when you’re drafted in the 4th round. You are a fringe OHLer, or a depth player. Of course there will be examples of 4th rounders and beyond that went on to be stars in the league. There are also players drafted higher that never pan out. But, normally I wouldn’t expect much from 4th round picks. And I definitely wouldn’t think or expect them to be the future. I hope I’m wrong.

I do like the way Uberti plays much more than DeSimone at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 10:05 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,966 Times in 1,244 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think sbrags starts tomorrow
Agreed.... and Tynan on Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,638 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
It's TT's job to lose

#1 TynaN, Tucker ???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 03:47 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
They’re both 4th round picks, not elite level talent that some think that you would build a team around. They got very limited ice last year. I don’t think anyone knows what to expect from them. Last year as 4th liners, when they got on the ice, they played against the other teams 4th line and 3rd D-pairing. Now moving up the line-up they face the oppositions “better” players.

IMO, when you’re drafted in the 4th round. You are a fringe OHLer, or a depth player. Of course there will be examples of 4th rounders and beyond that went on to be stars in the league. There are also players drafted higher that never pan out. But, normally I wouldn’t expect much from 4th round picks. And I definitely wouldn’t think or expect them to be the future. I hope I’m wrong.

I agree and that is why I think the IceDogs future is so grim right now. We have no young top end forwards. Next year we lose Thomas, Castleman and Lodnia at a minimum so unless the Icedogs trade for some top end young forwards, I’m expecting next year to be the same or worst than this year.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:59 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

I watched the game on Cogeco last night and they mentioned Sundays game from London is not being televised by Rogers so will not be on Cogeco. I purchased the OHL live streaming service this year and noticed a lot of teams in Rogers markets are not having all of their games televised this season, especially Kitchener and Ottawa. Luckily OHL Live still broadcasts all the games and if it’s not on TV they have the video synced to the radio broadcast. But it’s too bad Rogers has cut back on broadcasting the games. I think in the future internet streaming will be the only way to watch the games.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 10-26-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Tucker Tynan gets the back to back games. Hunter is a scratch tonight. Is he hurt?
I would rather Hunter than the figure skater that skates a hundred miles in a game and most times with nothing happening. We have watched this movie in the past and the star's name was Ho-Sang.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,124 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post

True

But that’s how desperate the dogs will be at forward once the great purge happens this year ... and those two aren’t showing much of anything ing.

I think the Dogs have to target young forwards in any trades of Lodnia Thomas Tomasino. Otherwise next year we could score the least goals in Icedogs franchise history.... that won’t make for very entertaining hockey to watch .....

Old 10-26-2019, 09:44 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Please get rid off the off side review locked on side
Old 10-26-2019, 09:50 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Please get rid off the off side review locked on side
And the third Hamilton goal last night looked way offside
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 10:35 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sound mean, but the Halloween game I was at might be the best game the Dogs are going to play all year. Points on the road are going to be *very* hard to come by. It’s absolutely going to be trial by fire for young Mr. Tynan. Having said that, Tucker has acquitted himself very well.
I remain convinced that this coaching staff is just not able to get the most, or best if you want, out of this team. There are going to be some bright spots, and I hope you all get lucky enough to be at the games when the stars align and the Dogs pull off a win like they did in that game against Hamilton
Let’s have a Hamilton/Niagara playoff series!!
Closed Thread