Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,685   Msgs Posted: 130,968   Thread Views: 27,676,353   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I remember the Thunderstruck days... still can't listen to that song - today's equivalent is "Who Let the Dogs Out"
Thunderstruck will NEVER grate on my nerves(as I like to say, if that song doesn't get you pumped up, you don't have a pulse ). Actually, today's equivalent(to me, at least)is Turn Down For What.

I'm surprised Big Data & Joywave's Dangerous never made it into the music mix.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Thunderstruck will NEVER grate on my nerves(as I like to say, if that song doesn't get you pumped up, you don't have a pulse ). Actually, today's equivalent(to me, at least)is Turn Down For What.

I just can't listen to Thunderstruck anymore... I just tune out when it comes on the radio, or on my girl's playlist... Seriously, too much of a good thing... I loved it the first like 200 - 300 times I heard it... Now... Yeah... Not so much... Just remember that it played 2 - 3 times per game, and I went to EVERY home game from 89 - 96... And Thunderstruck came out in 90... Plus radio play, and friends who were in love with AC\DC and the song in high school... Trust me when I say it does NOTHING for me anymore...

Rather hear A Warrior's Call by Volbeat for a pump up song... Even Martin Garrix's Animals is better to me...
Old 03-23-2015, 01:55 PM
4th Line

TOPSHELF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post

I think Dangerous gets played from time to time between whistles.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:58 PM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I just can't listen to Thunderstruck anymore... I just tune out when it comes on the radio, or on my girl's playlist... Seriously, too much of a good thing... I loved it the first like 200 - 300 times I heard it... Now... Yeah... Not so much... Just remember that it played 2 - 3 times per game, and I went to EVERY home game from 89 - 96... And Thunderstruck came out in 90... Plus radio play, and friends who were in love with AC\DC and the song in high school... Trust me when I say it does NOTHING for me anymore...

Rather hear A Warrior's Call by Volbeat for a pump up song... Even Martin Garrix's Animals is better to me...
Gotta say there are a few tunes by Volbeat that would fit the bill - but not everyone shares our heavier tastes
Old 03-23-2015, 02:43 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Gotta say there are a few tunes by Volbeat that would fit the bill - but not everyone shares our heavier tastes
Not everyone loves country or hip hop and some of that gets played... Besides A Warrior's Call does occasionally get played. And it was a staple last year in The Jack... So... Someone is ok with some heavier sounds... lol

It's all about a mix of musical genres and generations... And I think for the most part Fourgrounds does a great job of trying to keep things fresh... I haven't found one song all year that I'm just completely worn out on... Ok 'Never Gone' by Andee is starting to grate on my nerves a bit, but I think it's just because it's been forced down my throat at the games, and at home... lol
Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

i had no complaints with the music.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:08 PM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Not everyone loves country or hip hop and some of that gets played... Besides A Warrior's Call does occasionally get played. And it was a staple last year in The Jack... So... Someone is ok with some heavier sounds... lol

It's all about a mix of musical genres and generations... And I think for the most part Fourgrounds does a great job of trying to keep things fresh... I haven't found one song all year that I'm just completely worn out on... Ok 'Never Gone' by Andee is starting to grate on my nerves a bit, but I think it's just because it's been forced down my throat at the games, and at home... lol
"Never Gone" doesn't really fit as a "hockey tune" - to me the prototypical sound for hockey has always been rock or metal. So if "Back in Black" was the swansong for the Jack then perhaps Airbourne's "Live it Up" could be a new anthem with a similar sound. I also tried Fozzy's "When the Lights Go Out" in place of Andee's tune and to me it fits the video far better.

I agree that a wide variety of genres has to be portrayed and I liked some of the different sounds I first heard through IceDog's games (Bangarang was a prime example - and when Skrilllex and Korn met up later I was already a fan).

I think Fourgrounds has contributed very positively this year and I love the fact that they are in touch here as well. Did anyone else catch that they played "Pain" by Three Days Grace when #19 scored??

Last edited by NiceDawg; 03-23-2015 at 03:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I agree with the fact that it might be time for a change. I mentioned this "Never Gone" song by Andree to my wife a couple of games ago that it is getting old.
Season; Part 3 (Playoffs), are beginning and maybe a change from this song might be good to my ears LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: