Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,651,757   Msgs Posted: 130,838   Thread Views: 27,617,852   Online Now: 101
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap View Post
It looked like players on both teams couldn't figure out the calls that were being made. Ref 8 was especially awful with crazy calls and when a player was crushed by a goofy call and opened his mouth the idiot ref would tack on another misconduct. This is petty and that type of action has to be reviewed.
I read on twitter that it was Dave Koziel's (ref 8) last game in the OHL last night. I guess that he wanted to go out with a bang and make a name for himself. He was power tripping all night. It's a rare event that you can say that Park wasn't the worst official on the ice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g_squad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 05:06 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone explain to me how people that win season ticket holders of the game last Saturday, the very next game get to sit in the Best Seats in the house?, in that promotion, hmmm. Also the Giant Tiger skaters are always the same two kids. You would think that lots of kids would love to be able to skate with the Dogs, wouldnt you?. Either the fix is in, or its another case of "Its who you know". only posting this here cuz i noticed it at last nights game.What about the rest of us? Gheeesh

Last edited by Chipperdog; 03-20-2015 at 05:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
I read on twitter that it was Dave Koziel's (ref 8) last game in the OHL last night. I guess that he wanted to go out with a bang and make a name for himself. He was power tripping all night. It's a rare event that you can say that Park wasn't the worst official on the ice.
He made a name for himself alright, but i wont repeat what I was calling him.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:10 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Ya but changes can be made.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:27 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Can anyone explain to me how people that win season ticket holders of the game last Saturday, the very next game get to sit in the Best Seats in the house?, in that promotion, hmmm. Also the Giant Tiger skaters are always the same two kids. You would think that lots of kids would love to be able to skate with the Dogs, wouldnt you?. Either the fix is in, or its another case of "Its who you know". only posting this here cuz i noticed it at last nights game.What about the rest of us? Gheeesh
If that was the case, about the Best Seats in the house, which aren't the best seats at all, it is not a regular occurrence that the STH of the game get to sit in them. You'd have to ask Lauraleigh.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:37 PM

Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,901 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
If that was the case, about the Best Seats in the house, which aren't the best seats at all, it is not a regular occurrence that the STH of the game get to sit in them. You'd have to ask Lauraleigh.
I already have the best seats in the house (the ones I *chose* as a STH). As for the STH of the game, I have been waiting 4 years with my jersey on and a "Go Dogs Go" on the tip of my tongue while first years get it and previous winners get it again. Bottom line, it's not based on merit or fairness or a mathematical formula. Someone picks and most of us don't get it... I'd like to win but "Who Cares" is my answer
Old 03-21-2015, 01:59 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,121 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I already have the best seats in the house (the ones I *chose* as a STH). As for the STH of the game, I have been waiting 4 years with my jersey on and a "Go Dogs Go" on the tip of my tongue while first years get it and previous winners get it again. Bottom line, it's not based on merit or fairness or a mathematical formula. Someone picks and most of us don't get it... I'd like to win but "Who Cares" is my answer
I've been waiting 7 years to be STH of the game.
Just once I would like to get the nice signed team stick.
A couple years ago, I took matters into my own hands, the year we went to the finals. I painted up an old wooden stick from the garage, all white. Put on some ice dogs stickers. And got the whole team to sign it at the STH skate. So its not an official one, but it proudly hangs above the picture I have of the OHL Eastern Conf champion icedogs.

Until I become 'in the know' to the Burkes and IceDogs (or put bones on my head - ahahaha - joking Bonehead)...I guess I can always dream...lol...
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2015, 03:02 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a system of discipline for refs in the OHL? Do they ever get suspended?
Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,274 Times in 1,630 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Is there a system of discipline for refs in the OHL? Do they ever get suspended?
In Pro and Amateur sports, officials are assessed and evaluated on a regular basis. Those evaluations are then used to determine who will get the majority of the playoff games. As the number of teams/games decrease - the number of referees decrease based on their ability to officiate a game properly. That becomes part of their system of reward and punishment.

I wonder if the OHL uses a similar system. I hope so!

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-21-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:13 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe that's why #8's last game was on Thursday night and won't be reffing the playoffs.