Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,075    Downloads: 774,222   Msgs Posted: 107,870   Thread Views: 14,633,223   Online Now: 28
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:12 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Speaking of Justin Brack, he has been named Alternate Captain for the remainder of the season.

Will help to younger players grow through his experience.

Information came from the Ice Dogs site.
I don't love the idea, but I definitely understand it. I'd really like to have some younger guy take the role. But coaches will do what they feel is best, and we either bitch about it, or support it. and I'd rather support it...
Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,010 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

You could try stamping your feet and holding your breath but it won't change a thing. Dressing room leadership seems to be a "right now" concept instead of "next year" .
Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much like raising a family, the older ones teach the younger ones how to play the game,
I am more than good with this appointment and I predicted it to some of my family members,

More than all good
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 PM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,010 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

It's pretty much a tradition with the IceDogs, the older longer tenured players get the letters. You're right, all good - Brack has shown leadership since he has arrived.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It's pretty much a tradition with the IceDogs, the older longer tenured players get the letters. You're right, all good - Brack has shown leadership since he has arrived.
No argument here. Have been very impressed with the leadership and play of Brack. And fully support giving him a letter. I see him being a big part of our team for the remainder of the year.

Just would have liked to have seen someone 1) other than Corneil , 2) who will be here next year, given more of a leadership role. The idea being, next year when Corneil is given the 'C' he isn't the only player who is carrying over from this year's leadership.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,179 Times in 536 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Hubbert keeping in touch with prospects
Bill Potrecz

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...with-prospects

Hubbert has also kept tabs on a pair of 2016 American picks, Jack Randl and Brady Smith, both of whom played last season in Chicago.

“I’ve touched base with them to keep the dialogue going,” Hubbert said. “If you forget about these kids they just proceed to go the school route. We need to stay in touch.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 05:18 PM
4th Line

modaymorninggm has a spectacular aura aboutmodaymorninggm has a spectacular aura aboutmodaymorninggm has a spectacular aura about

Great to hear that the teams previous picks are being followed up. I just naturally assumed that was always the case. Hubbert mentioned the kids that are playing local but what about kids like Bisson (Ottawa) Khull (Sault Ste Marie) Norris (US U18) Crevatin (Windsor) Borgeil - Steinwold - Staudacher (Americans) Mazzili (London) Roy (Belleville) Forget (Toronto) Theriault (Sault Ste Marie) Cranston (Newmarket) Semin (Toronto) Hill (Toronto) Girard (Belleville) King (US Prep). Does the team follow them and have their scouts keep in contact and watch them play. Would be interested in hearing about them - Heard Theriault is ripping up the Northern league
Old 01-19-2017, 05:51 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Great to hear that the teams previous picks are being followed up. I just naturally assumed that was always the case. Hubbert mentioned the kids that are playing local but what about kids like Bisson (Ottawa) Khull (Sault Ste Marie) Norris (US U18) Crevatin (Windsor) Borgeil - Steinwold - Staudacher (Americans) Mazzili (London) Roy (Belleville) Forget (Toronto) Theriault (Sault Ste Marie) Cranston (Newmarket) Semin (Toronto) Hill (Toronto) Girard (Belleville) King (US Prep). Does the team follow them and have their scouts keep in contact and watch them play. Would be interested in hearing about them - Heard Theriault is ripping up the Northern league
Bit of an understatement about Theriault ( http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=313072 )... I was so upset I missed training camp this year, I'd have loved to see a lot of these kids. I heard a lot about Forget, and Cranston coming out of the draft. Only got to see the Black & White game, and had no idea who anyone was... lol

I like this kind of story, though I also would have liked to see it expanded... but we're 'hardcore' fans, and writing for us doesn't sell papers...
Old 01-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,179 Times in 536 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I noticed this being promoted at my hockey game last night!

The Next Ones - AAA Showcase

http://www.omha.net/news_article/sho...rer_id=1063069

The great ones that grew up playing in the Ontario Minor Hockey Association have taken their places at the next level of hockey. Now, the #NextOnes like Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs forward Tanner McEachern and Brayden Guy of the Brampton 45's will take to the ice at the Ontario Minor Hockey Association’s Minor Midget AAA Showcase powered by Under Armour in St. Catharines on January 28 and 29.

Ten Ontario Minor Hockey Association teams from the South-Central AAA Minor Midget League will battle head-to-head in a series of games in front of pro, junior and university scouts at the Seymour Hannah Sports and Entertainment Centre. The event is a preview of the top picks in next spring’s Ontario Hockey League draft and, in a few short years, the National Hockey League draft. The OMHA is a premier development league with 86 players drafted from 19 different teams at the 2016 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection, including five first round picks
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2017, 09:54 AM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

Just another quick rant about the draft...first off, I am a die hard fan and am believe the Burkes want to continue building a winning team here. But the draft is a crap shoot of young kids...after the first round who knows what will transpire! I applaud Joey Burke for getting the truckload of picks at the trade deadline, but honestly I would have gone in a totally different direction. I would have kept Paquette (who I have always liked-not a superstar but solid and would have been here another year) and Hal Davis and probably Cal Davis...the Davis kids are 17! We supposedly had a stellar draft a couple of years ago and the only high draft pick still with the team is Jones...Of all the draft picks we picked up the only one to affect this team in the near future will be next years 2nd (which is Peterborough's so it will be a low second)...we dont have a second round pick (that we made on our own) playing on the team now, and the only 3rd rounder (we picked) is Dhillon. I would have traded Mantha and Haydon for whatever I could have gotten (even low round picks)...there is where our scouting and drafting come into play (Singer 8th round, Ham 6th round, Phillip 9th, Hunter 12th, Sommerville 14th, Shaffer 6th, Dame 13th)...my favorite deadline moves were grabbing Maksimov and Brack...at least we know what we have in Maksimov (and similar player to Paquette in terms of development) and we should have him for next year. As I said, I love the dogs and junior hockey and hope it really works out for us...at least we have the guts to make deals and try!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post: