Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,097    Downloads: 818,027   Msgs Posted: 109,617   Thread Views: 16,067,463   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

And hopefully now, we can put this subject to bed and move on to our very young and exciting team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
When the kids were in charge of the hockey team and a coach had to defer, something was very wrong. That isn't the case this year, these boys play for their coach and he is very much in charge.
And that's where we disagree. The kids were never in charge and the coach never deferred in my opinion. It's all just rumours.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:20 PM

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,079 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
And that's where we disagree. The kids were never in charge and the coach never deferred in my opinion. It's all just rumours.
So Marty told them to go out and lose half the game's they played and then suddenly instructed them to win?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Dhillon is a great goalie, and most OHL teams also have great goalies. Dhillon is rated 19th in this coming NHL draft - that's 19. That's pretty far down especially when you consider all the NHL drafted goalies in the OHL as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Dhillon is great. But my point is the most teams have great goalies and if you don't, you need to acquire one or you're not winning many games.
The OHL/NHL grades goalies by goals against average which is fine if your on a winning team but on a losing team I would expect save percentage is a better indicator. At 0.917 he is the fourth best in the league. He has faced more shots than any other goalie and made more saves than anyone else also. Stevie will get a wink in this years draft there is more to his story than goals against average.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
I

The team struggled during the regular season because the players were not strong mentally. Finally during the playoffs the players started to prepare better mentally for games. I don't think it had anything to do with the coach.
Sorry Mrs. Williamson but most of the fans and Mr. and Mrs. Burke disagree.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:28 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Sorry Mrs. Williamson but most of the fans and Mr. and Mrs. Burke disagree.
When Williamson was let go, most of the fans I spoke to did not think it was the right move. Out of the 6 people I spoke to, only one thought firing Williamson was the right move. As well, there was a letter in the newspaper against the firing and as a person who listens to CKTB, I can tell you a few fans called the radio station to voice their displeasure. While I know some fans thought it was the right move, many did not.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-07-2017 at 01:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 01:32 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
The OHL/NHL grades goalies by goals against average which is fine if your on a winning team but on a losing team I would expect save percentage is a better indicator. At 0.917 he is the fourth best in the league. He has faced more shots than any other goalie and made more saves than anyone else also. Stevie will get a wink in this years draft there is more to his story than goals against average.
The draft rankings are based on what the scouts see, not based upon GAA. Where do you get your info from? According to Bell, Dhillon is 19th because he isn't flashy like many other goalies above him and the scouts like flashy goalies.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-07-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:41 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
So Marty told them to go out and lose half the game's they played and then suddenly instructed them to win?
I'm not sure what you're saying. So because the team lost half the games they played, that proves the coach lost control. If that is the case, I guess half of the coaches in the OHL have lost control of their team.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 02:26 PM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

OK...this is Mrs Williamson signing in!...I will always be a big Marty fan...as an ice dogs nut I love we have been to the playoffs every year and twice Eastern champs...that being said, I think it was time to turn the coaching over to Dave and concentrate on the GM duties for Marty...I am all in with the direction the team is taking and I am fine for all the accolades Joey is getting for the deals he made picking up the truckload of picks, but I am a greedy, me-first guy and I want it all now! I would have kept the Davis kids (and hope they progressed!) and Paquette and supplemented them with a first rounder, traded Mantha and Haydon for whatever mediocre return I could get, and been going for it next year (not the year after!)...as I said...I am all in with the dogs (we probably would have fallen short next year with my plan (which would probably have been Marty's strategy) and hopefully their plan pans out and we win it all the following year)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
OK...this is Mrs Williamson signing in!...I will always be a big Marty fan...as an ice dogs nut I love we have been to the playoffs every year and twice Eastern champs...that being said, I think it was time to turn the coaching over to Dave and concentrate on the GM duties for Marty...I am all in with the direction the team is taking and I am fine for all the accolades Joey is getting for the deals he made picking up the truckload of picks, but I am a greedy, me-first guy and I want it all now! I would have kept the Davis kids (and hope they progressed!) and Paquette and supplemented them with a first rounder, traded Mantha and Haydon for whatever mediocre return I could get, and been going for it next year (not the year after!)...as I said...I am all in with the dogs (we probably would have fallen short next year with my plan (which would probably have been Marty's strategy) and hopefully their plan pans out and we win it all the following year)
I agree with majority of this post the only thing I wouldn't do is keep the Davis kids other than that I agree with everything else you said