Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 808,474   Msgs Posted: 108,488   Thread Views: 15,517,676   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

And,,,, more speculating from OHL Insiders...

OHLInsiders(.com) Retweeted OHLInsiders(.com)

If it's true it's quite the scheme! Both teams would also get compensation picks, as far as I know.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Well, I see Brack, Haydon and Mantha aging out, and Dame, Smith, Johnson, Somerville, Incze, and possibly Hunter as being vulnerable to replacement. No one on that list really showed their 'best' I don't think. Didn't include Demin because he will be replaced through the Import draft.

We have 12 picks in the Priority Selection. Minimum 4 picks in the U18 Draft. And our 2 Import Draft. I think Machala did well, but I think if something better was available when the 2nd pick comes around I'd draft and let the 3 of them compete in camp for the 2 spots. Yes it's expensive, but... Could be worth it in the long run.

Hope that helps with my way of thinking.
When I was considering available spots I am considering guys that are not on the team taking them so for example Philip takes bracks spot in the lineup I don't consider that an open spot in the lineup IMO I think the team believes in Hunter Ham and Somerville so they'll all probably be here with an outside chance someone takes a D spot so that's one spot and the entire fourth line out that's 4 spots whdvas much as majority of us on here want a new goalie to come in for Incze I doubt it happens
Old 04-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

We are seeing a few teams making trades for draft picks.
Might we see our team make a move or two by trading some lower round picks in order to obtain a 4th round and or a 5th round pick on Saturday, which we do not have right now.
Will Joey make some kind of move?
Old 04-05-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanked 1,832 Times in 1,025 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Regarding the declaration of intent, Branch & Co will never do that, for fear of chasing away talent or offending the clubs that profit from the loop holes. Personally I agree, it devalues the OHL.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 04-05-2017 at 10:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Just read this on Twitter and it sure might make things interesting, but, remembering who posted the tweet.

OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLinsiders 3m3 minutes ago

Hearing North Bay may take Tomassino @ #3 & flip him to Niagara for Rees. That way both teams get their guy & SAG forced to pick off board
If this is actually a possibility I wouldn't do it in fear that SAG would take Rees and trade him away to someone just to screw this possible plan up
Old 04-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,769 Times in 1,261 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Regarding the declaration of intent, Branch & Co will never do that, for fear of chasing away talent or offending the clubs that profit from the loop holes. Personally I agree, it devalues the OHL.
Nor should he. Going to the Knights or bust is one thing but I would want my kid to weigh all his options before signing. I think Seldon Keefe did a nice job with SSM and now the Marlies but there's no way I would have wanted him going to the Sault his first year there.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:55 PM
3rd Line

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think the 2 open OA spots will be replaced by OA's we bring in. I can't see Hunter or Somerville not making the team, unless the 2 OA's we bring in are D's. I also think Machala is a lock to come back. He will likely be a later round NHL pick. If they do make two picks in the Import Draft, they will need to release both Denim and Machala first.

I think anyone in the IceDogs system who who can play in the OHL played this past season. So perhaps the top 2 or 3 picks make the team this year but other than that, the team is pretty set.
Betcha Somerville is cut, Hunter is a maybe.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017...on-primer.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 12:34 PM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think they're going for a top 4 finish next season. Middle of the pack will likely be a disappointment.
I know I am not great at math... but if 8 teams make it to the finals... isnt 4th in the Middle of the pack?
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 01:11 PM
4th Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

why would this hughes kid apply for exceptional states for the draft if hes going ncaa route ??