Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 790,705   Msgs Posted: 107,998   Thread Views: 15,049,965   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I know I am not great at math... but if 8 teams make it to the finals... isnt 4th in the Middle of the pack?
"Pack" would most likely be the Conference, 10 teams I believe.

You are not good at math pup, did you go to Simcoe or something ?
Old 04-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 1,974 Times in 825 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
why would this hughes kid apply for exceptional states for the draft if hes going ncaa route ??
He applied last year, he was denied. He would have been in the OHL this past year had he been accepted. Things change over a year.

Since he already commited to the USNDT, he won't be playing in the OHL this coming season. So, if you can get him to report, you might only have him for one year if he's as good as they say he is.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:02 PM
3rd Line

GSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the roughGSAAB is a jewel in the rough

Lifting my self imposed lifetime ban for a minute.
Drafting Jack Hughes isn't just drafting a player that may or may not show up. Jack's older brother Quinton is a 3rd round pick by Sarnia in 2015. The brothers want to play together. So not only do you need to have Jack fall to you and convince him to come, you have to have the picks and players to get Quinton from Sarnia. The Sting know this and are probably looking for a huge return for Quinton or hoping Jack falls to 9.
The Following User Says Thank You to GSAAB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,184 Times in 538 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

OHL Priority Selection Preview Guide (Download)

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...-preview-guide
Old 04-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,085 Times in 603 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think the 2 open OA spots will be replaced by OA's we bring in. I can't see Hunter or Somerville not making the team, unless the 2 OA's we bring in are D's. I also think Machala is a lock to come back. He will likely be a later round NHL pick. If they do make two picks in the Import Draft, they will need to release both Denim and Machala first.

I think anyone in the IceDogs system who who can play in the OHL played this past season. So perhaps the top 2 or 3 picks make the team this year but other than that, the team is pretty set.

I can't imagine anyone drafts Machala...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Big League

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Regarding the declaration of intent, Branch & Co will never do that, for fear of chasing away talent or offending the clubs that profit from the loop holes. Personally I agree, it devalues the OHL.

TO level the playing field and add integrity to the draft and league they would bring in a declaration type rule.

However with the current clown (Branch) in place, and since that type of change makes so much logical sense, we know that they won't do it lol

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 01:53 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to allThunder Hawk is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I also think Machala is a lock to come back. He will likely be a later round NHL pick. If they do make two picks in the Import Draft, they will need to release both Denim and Machala first.
......I think if an import pick can't make it as a top 6 forward or top 4 Defenseman on a rebuilding team then there is no point bringing them back. I would rather have a local ( Ontario) Kid be given the opportunity to crack the bottom of the roster. I would release both Demin and Machala and take another shot at the import draft and hope to get lucky with one of those higher picks.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
......I think if an import pick can't make it as a top 6 forward or top 4 Defenseman on a rebuilding team then there is no point bringing them back. I would rather have a local ( Ontario) Kid be given the opportunity to crack the bottom of the roster. I would release both Demin and Machala and take another shot at the import draft and hope to get lucky with one of those higher picks.
I can't remember so I might be wrong but wasn't Machala on a line with Thomas for awhile this year before the trade deadline it was definitely in the top 6 but I can't remember the exact line as for Demin I can't remember him higher than the fourth line so I'd dump him
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

The Barrie Colts announce at a news conference that they will pick Ryan Suzuki with the 1st over-all pick tomorrow morning. Everyone moves up in the rankings as expected.

Will Niagara pick Tomasino as predicted? We shall see in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post

EXACTLY!