Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,075    Downloads: 774,222   Msgs Posted: 107,870   Thread Views: 14,633,223   Online Now: 29
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,085 Times in 603 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I would not be impressed if that happened to me either. And I'm pretty easy going .

That game was on national TV. What if the cameras had picked that up. That person would be on TV being thoroughly embarrassed and probably on YouTube as well.

I think it crossed the line.

I wouldn't want to be treated like that in another teams barn.

I think it's time for a poll on the popcorn incident ...

Thinking the puppy maybe needs a lil bit of a reprimand.

I also think the Matt and DJ. Twitter rants are offside and one could perceive (albeit incorrectly) that they speak on behalf of the Icedogs.

Really hoping this doesn't happen again ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

It's too bad that this happened.. I spoke to alot of Pete's fans and they loved the barn and the atmosphere.. hope this incident doesn't leave a sour taste for all the fans that came... it think it very poor taste to do that to a fan that drove 3 hours to get there and I as well would be pissed... also I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if the icedogs organization would chose to cut ties with Matt and DJ at seasons end
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I am breaking my self imposed suspension to discus this issue and the new Bones. I witnessed Bones dump popcorn last night in the walkway where the Petes would have to walk out to the ice. The usher got a shovel and cleaned it up. Also at the end of periods Bones stands by the door and harasses the opposition. This guy should be replaced as our mascot. Nowhere near as good as the old Bones. Thats my rant, now back to my suspension.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to all

Not impressed with Bones or Matt and DJ over this - an apology is warranted.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 07:31 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other membersChipperdog is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
I dunno... even if it was in OUR rink I think someone would have to restrain me pretty hard from wiping the steps with the mascot.

Maybe I'd just buy a drink that really stains and dump it on the mascot's head.

But if it happened to me, I'd be bloody fumin. Having salt and butter all in your hair and clothes is probably funny for some people to see... but other people might think it's funny to see a mascot having his lunch fed to him in front of 5000 people.
Butter Butter, we have butter for our popcorn? Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 07:37 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg has a spectacular aura aboutlouie dogg has a spectacular aura aboutlouie dogg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Butter Butter, we have butter for our popcorn? Lol
Referring to the other quote as well........salt and butter all over.Relatively little salt on it and absolutely no butter.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Did not see the incedent but sometimes the truth is somewhere in the middle was it he whole box or just some popcorn
Old 03-29-2017, 07:44 PM
4th Line

IceDogsThisWeek is a jewel in the roughIceDogsThisWeek is a jewel in the roughIceDogsThisWeek is a jewel in the roughIceDogsThisWeek is a jewel in the rough

So many things to say here.....but I will try to keep it short.

1 - We are not affiliated with the IceDogs. We cover the IceDogs. We are affiliated with Niagara This Week (the newspaper) and CogecoTV (the television station) and IceDogsthisweek.ca (our own privately run website). We are very happy with all of these organizations and they are very happy with us.

2 - Maybe I am arrogant (its DJ writing). We have met many of you at the bars before or after games as we grab some wings. Strohs, I know 100% I have met you and we had a great chat. We welcome any and all fans to come and chat with us. We are pretty nice guys actually and would love to talk IceDogs with you. I guarantee you if you came and met us you would think much differently about us.

3 - Lackadaisical - huh, thats weird. This board, just yesterday, was saying we would be the first ones with the information you wanted on Willy Lochead. This seems hypocritical, but everyone is entitled to their beliefs. If that is how you feel about it I cannot change your mind. We are happy with how we do our work and actually work pretty hard to provide to you the content that we do.

4 - Everything I said there, and tweeted about I stand by 100%. As a person, I have opinions. My opinion remains that someone who gets mad about some popcorn on their head has to lighten up. I honest to god believe that. I will not apologize for an opinion you do not agree with.....

5 - Thanks for those of you that follow us. We will continue to cover the IceDogs as long as we can and appreciate your followership.

Enjoy the game Thursday night all.

Oh, and tune into the show at 9pm tonight
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceDogsThisWeek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 07:45 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogg View Post
Referring to the other quote as well........salt and butter all over.Relatively little salt on it and absolutely no butter.
Actually whenever I have the popcorn at the MC it is loaded with salt and there is powdered butter on it, which is not really all that tasty.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:48 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to allcanucks4 is a name known to all

No DJ, I won't tune into the show tonight. If you can't see that assaulting a woman is justified because "it was just popcorn" then you have a problem. It just isn't appropriate to humiliate someone else, and to do so with a prop, albeit popcorn, is wrong. Respect is gone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread