Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,075    Downloads: 776,926   Msgs Posted: 107,877   Thread Views: 14,710,219   Online Now: 48
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:16 PM
2nd Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of
Default Thank You

For the great season.

You tried hard, learned a lot. The future looks soooooooo bright.

Go Dogs Go.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Great year playoffs was a bonus and we took them to overtime in one game
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 PM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,010 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

This young team kept me entertained all season long. The compete level was there and the number of one goal losses means next year we are in for many more winning games. Experience was our downfall this year, but we gained plenty of it. Many thanks to our overages for their contributions, mentorship and patience with the younger players. Congratulations to David Bell and his staff for keeping the playoff streak alive. And as always to Denise and Bill Burke for bringing us the IceDogs and making it all possible.

Go Dogs Go!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 PM
2nd Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud ofDogs Enthusiast 104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
This young team kept me entertained all season long.
This is a good point.

I was going to go to most every game no matter how bad it got in this "rebuilding year". But, I have to say. I really enjoyed it. Not once did I regret setting aside the time and going to the game.

It was a fun season. So many rookie players. Very often the opposing team looked bigger than our guys. But they never really quit and gave up on the season.

Bravo.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that we would be lucky if our young team managed to win 15 games this season..

Never thought for one second that this team would win 23 games and lose 23 games in believe by 1 goal, never-mind make the playoffs and gain valuable experience.

Thank you Ice Dogs and Fans for a terrific season.
The future looks bright!
Old 03-30-2017, 10:56 PM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Became an even bigger fan this year. My second year supporting the Dogs. Looking forward to even grandeur things next season. I am sure the kids will learn from this and be even more competitive next year.

Love the Meridian Centre and vibe in there. Fans are great to pack em like that!

I'll be back.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resonator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 11:52 PM
1st Line

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
This young team kept me entertained all season long. The compete level was there and the number of one goal losses means next year we are in for many more winning games. Experience was our downfall this year, but we gained plenty of it. Many thanks to our overages for their contributions, mentorship and patience with the younger players. Congratulations to David Bell and his staff for keeping the playoff streak alive. And as always to Denise and Bill Burke for bringing us the IceDogs and making it all possible.

Go Dogs Go!
I think you could say that the size differential as well as experience were huge contributing factors. And while I would have been perfectly happy to have not had playoffs this season, I was happy to see the young men get a taste of it, and get a chance to learn what to expect for the next (at least) 2 years.

Will be very interesting to see how they draft in the Priority and U18 drafts, as well I will be interested to see how the import draft goes, do we draft 2, 1, or do they dare stand pat with what they have. Should be an interesting off season no doubt. And I look forward to comparing notes with you all around training camp time next summer/fall. Providing my heart doesn't try to kill me again this year. Bloody inconvenient chunk of meat cost me almost the entire training camp this season.

Let's reset and reconvene when we have REAL news to talk about.

Have a great couple of days until the drafts gentlemen ( and any possible ladies as well, not looking to be uninclusive ).... I look forward to debating the upsides, and downsides of our picks.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,085 Times in 603 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I think you could say that the size differential as well as experience were huge contributing factors. And while I would have been perfectly happy to have not had playoffs this season, I was happy to see the young men get a taste of it, and get a chance to learn what to expect for the next (at least) 2 years.

Will be very interesting to see how they draft in the Priority and U18 drafts, as well I will be interested to see how the import draft goes, do we draft 2, 1, or do they dare stand pat with what they have. Should be an interesting off season no doubt. And I look forward to comparing notes with you all around training camp time next summer/fall. Providing my heart doesn't try to kill me again this year. Bloody inconvenient chunk of meat cost me almost the entire training camp this season.

Let's reset and reconvene when we have REAL news to talk about.

Have a great couple of days until the drafts gentlemen ( and any possible ladies as well, not looking to be uninclusive ).... I look forward to debating the upsides, and downsides of our picks.
God help us, if this was not the last time we see Demin in an IceDogs uniform. He was invisible most of the year, and could be just easily replaced by an equally unskilled Ontario born kid. I mean, he was not as bad as Kopta or Sysala, lol, but IMHO he's easily replaceable.

Machala shows flashes, he could be back next year, I expect them to take a high ceiling player with their first import pick, I would rather shoot high and have him not report, then shoot low, get the guy to report, and he is only an average at best player.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2017, 11:54 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of lightdogs777 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
God help us, if this was not the last time we see Demin in an IceDogs uniform. He was invisible most of the year, and could be just easily replaced by an equally unskilled Ontario born kid. I mean, he was not as bad as Kopta or Sysala, lol, but IMHO he's easily replaceable.

Machala shows flashes, he could be back next year, I expect them to take a high ceiling player with their first import pick, I would rather shoot high and have him not report, then shoot low, get the guy to report, and he is only an average at best player.
The first rounder takes Bracks spot in the lineup and they need to fix the fourth line D and goaltending if they want to be successful
Old 03-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Both young men are very good persons, but, if I am running this franchise, I will be saying good-bye to both of them today and thanking them for helping us to accomplish our goal in making the playoffs.
I just think that we need more from our import players as they do cost the organisation a lot of money during the season, including travel costs etc.....

This is not a knock on either player, I just want more contribution and I believe that we have the 9th or 10th pick this summer for the import draft, a couple of wild cards might be available.