Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,160    Downloads: 832,905   Msgs Posted: 111,426   Thread Views: 16,667,691   Online Now: 56
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:22 PM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
TheScout.ca
@TheScout.ca

#OHLGoldCup - Mason Howard (NIA) is a human wrecking ball. Big dman has layed more crunching hits in 1 per. than some in an entire career
Scott Stevens hit last night; knocked opposing forward cold.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I would never want to cheer someone getting knocked out cold, but man, the IceDogs have needed a defenceman capable of doing that since moving here from Mississauga! Finally, a competent physical defenceman!
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,191 Times in 659 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I would never want to cheer someone getting knocked out cold, but man, the IceDogs have needed a defenceman capable of doing that since moving here from Mississauga! Finally, a competent physical defenceman!

Ok. Let's settle down here.

He has yet to skate even in an OHL ex game.

Sure the tools may be there. Doesn't mean that he will be able to do that consistently at the OHL level, AND not have other deficiencies that could be weak.

Also remember this is Dave Branch's OHL. As much as I love the physical nature (clean hard hitting) of hockey, big brother watches closely ... and is ready to slap a 10 game suspension at the drop of a hat on any borderline hit.

This is at least an intriguing name to watch in camp this year.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Ok. Let's settle down here.

He has yet to skate even in an OHL ex game.

Sure the tools may be there. Doesn't mean that he will be able to do that consistently at the OHL level, AND not have other deficiencies that could be weak.

Also remember this is Dave Branch's OHL. As much as I love the physical nature (clean hard hitting) of hockey, big brother watches closely ... and is ready to slap a 10 game suspension at the drop of a hat on any borderline hit.

This is at least an intriguing name to watch in camp this year.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My parents went to watch some of the games this weekend and I'm told his skating is weak and may not be able to keep up with the pace of the ohl at this time.. let's see if it improves over the summer

Last edited by dogs77; 05-07-2017 at 01:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 07:27 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

ohl gold cup top scorer Philip Tomasino 5gp 6g 4a 10pts...last year was Akil Thomas...also g Christian Sbaraglia did very well 1.50 ave and .929 sav %... well done boys
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

My wife and I went to watch some of the Gold Cup games.
We watched all of our players once in a game except for Tomassino and Constanitou which we watched once on Friday and once on Saturday.
It will be an interesting camp in September this year as our picks looked good. I am thinking that one or maybe two players will make next year's team with an outside chance for maybe three, if management wishes to remain young.
We even had a opportunity to say hi to Stan Butler in between periods on Saturday morning.
To my knowledge and I saw Roger McCloud in the rink and another scout whose name I do not know.

I am still thinking that things will be more than interesting between the pipes in September, but the most interesting part to me will be the Nate McDonald situation as he is no longer committed to Niagara. Sure makes one think..... hm...
All good and it was really good hockey to watch over the two days
Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

I could see as many as 5 rookies next year and as few as 3
Old 05-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, I'm looking forward a lot more to Akil's second year than Tomasino's first. It's a point well made that the OHL is a hard league to adjust to. If Tomasino can simply show that he can contribute, that he can 'keep pace', I'm thrilled My expectations for Tomasino this season are not much different than my expectations were for Akil Thomas last year. If Tomasino can't keep up in the OHL this season, I think that will become apparent pretty quickly.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,313 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Matt and DJ‏ @IceDogsThisWeek

The #icedogs have parted ways with import Pavel Demin. This means they will be making a pick at this years import draft
Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Matt and DJ‏ @IceDogsThisWeek

The #icedogs have parted ways with import Pavel Demin. This means they will be making a pick at this years import draft
Not really surprised that this was the case. I hope that new import is a D