Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,097    Downloads: 818,027   Msgs Posted: 109,617   Thread Views: 16,067,584   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
I have at least 11 forwards ahead of Demin. In no particular order, Jones,Thomas,Corneil,Maksimov,Castleman,Philips,La ngdon,Tomasino,Singer,Machala,(maybe rookie Martin). Toe Demin is a 4th line import on a rebuilding OHL club. Release him and draft higher
I definitely didn't have Demin on my roster when I went through everyone and did a mock lineup
Old 05-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
I have at least 11 forwards ahead of Demin. In no particular order, Jones,Thomas,Corneil,Maksimov,Castleman,Philips,La ngdon,Tomasino,Singer,Machala,(maybe rookie Martin). Toe Demin is a 4th line import on a rebuilding OHL club. Release him and draft higher
We have been informed during the past week that Demin has been released by the team so, they will pick a player apparently at the 10th pick in the first round of the draft, according to a mock draft order that I saw a few days ago on the HD boards site.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:55 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
We have been informed during the past week that Demin has been released by the team so, they will pick a player apparently at the 10th pick in the first round of the draft, according to a mock draft order that I saw a few days ago on the HD boards site.
i seen that to but its wrong were #13.....they had sag way down the list...they had more points than us but didn't make playoffs they will draft at 10
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
i seen that to but its wrong were #13.....they had sag way down the list...they had more points than us but didn't make playoffs they will draft at 10
I thought that something was wrong when reading it. As you pointed out above, Saginaw was way down the list.
Even at #13, we should get a pretty good player, if he is willing to show up.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
My analysis is similar to yours, he doesn't belong with the IceDogs when we can draft high this year. As for whether stroh's is right, wait and see if any other OHL team picks Demin up next year.

Don't hold your breath on that happening Nicedawg...

Not many teams looking for a smallish 18 yo import for their fourth line ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,139 Times in 632 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Nope, not silly at all. In your previous post you said that Denim "didn't belong in the league". Most people would take that to mean that he was not good enough to play at the OHL level. My post was meant to point out that even first round draft picks struggle in their first year and that Denim's play was quite normal for an OHL rookie.

But if your caught up in the notion that a 16 year old rookie and a 17 year old rookie makes that much of a difference, I will make a comparison that you will better understand. In 15-16, 17 year old rookie Langdon had 2 goals and 2 assists in 50 games, which is slightly worse than Denim's 4 goals and 3 assists in 57 games. This past season Langdon improved tremendously and had 12 goals 14 assists in 60 games.

As well, I said they likely got rid of Denim because they think they can draft a better player in this year's import draft. So I do acknowledge that there are better import players available.

I just thought it was quite silly of you to say Denim doesn't belong in the OHL when obviously he does. Your comment that he would return if he was an Ontario kid confirms that even you believe he can play in this league. What I think you meant to say is that there are better import players available.

What I am saying is that for a team to keep an import he has to be good...not just average...not fourth line material. Playing top six in the forwards and top three on defense.

Since he was an import playing on the fourth line, IMHO he doesn't belong in the league.

Pretty sure 20 OHL GM's will agree with this assessment next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 03:06 PM
Top Prospect

Niagara IceDogs’ General Manager Joey Burke is pleased to announce that 2017 Second Round Selection Billy Constantinou has agreed to a Standard Player Agreement with the Club. The defenseman was selected in the 2nd round, 36th overall by the IceDogs in this year’s Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection and has officially committed to the team by signing his Standard Agreement.
Go Dogs Go!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 08:06 PM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

OHL Prospects listing of top 50 OHL picks. Some interesting comments on the draft-eligible boys. This one has Castleman, Machala and Philips: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017...r-2017_13.html

This one has Jones: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017...-for-2017.html

My guess is that next one has Maksimov?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 04:04 PM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Maksimov at #25 in the OHL: http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017...17_15.html?m=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 08:34 AM
3rd Line

The final top 10 projected OHL draftees - no IceDogs here (sadly)! http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017...17_16.html?m=1