Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,381   Msgs Posted: 118,225   Thread Views: 19,256,121   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:54 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Reflect View Post
We took in two great games on boxing day. Enjoyed the Czech upset over Russia and then watched our Canadians handle the Finns. We had excellent seats for both games, as we sat in the 200 suite level. I was really surprised and disappointed with the turn out and I'm guessing there are many variables that have transpired to lead to this poor attendance thus far. Perhaps they have mined this area too much in the past few years with the Toronto / Montreal connection and of course Buffalo having hosted six years ago. Having said that I think in order to strum up some more interest they need to revisit this tournament format. I don't think it makes much sense to have 10 teams playing four games each in the preliminary round only to eliminate the two bottom teams. Make all the games worth something. For example, have the two division winners get a bye into the semi-finals, while only two other teams make the medal rounds from each division. After those 4 teams square off , you bring the two division winners back into the mix for the semi-finals. This would really make the preliminary games more important. I mean does a match up on New Years eve really have any relevance between Sweden and Russia if both teams have already punched their respective tickets for the next round? Ordinarily that would be a barn burner between those two nations. I think by making all the games carry more weight, you will get more bums into the seats. Of course we all know its a business as well and money is always the object, but make the tickets more affordable and you will have a great tournament.
Iíve seen complaints about prices and the fact that itís a junior tournament so it should be treated as such and put in smaller rinks with junior prices
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 03:25 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

That's true about the prices. Why do we as Canadians have to pay the higher price for tickets just because they want it in buffalo where no junior team plays. Also if you look at the schedule the USA gets most of the late games and you pay less for their tickets. In my opinion this tournament should be played where junior hockey clubs are playing.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:52 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws and Reflect View Post
We took in two great games on boxing day. Enjoyed the Czech upset over Russia and then watched our Canadians handle the Finns. We had excellent seats for both games, as we sat in the 200 suite level. I was really surprised and disappointed with the turn out and I'm guessing there are many variables that have transpired to lead to this poor attendance thus far. Perhaps they have mined this area too much in the past few years with the Toronto / Montreal connection and of course Buffalo having hosted six years ago. Having said that I think in order to strum up some more interest they need to revisit this tournament format. I don't think it makes much sense to have 10 teams playing four games each in the preliminary round only to eliminate the two bottom teams. Make all the games worth something. For example, have the two division winners get a bye into the semi-finals, while only two other teams make the medal rounds from each division. After those 4 teams square off , you bring the two division winners back into the mix for the semi-finals. This would really make the preliminary games more important. I mean does a match up on New Years eve really have any relevance between Sweden and Russia if both teams have already punched their respective tickets for the next round? Ordinarily that would be a barn burner between those two nations. I think by making all the games carry more weight, you will get more bums into the seats. Of course we all know its a business as well and money is always the object, but make the tickets more affordable and you will have a great tournament.

Um, not sure how long you have been watching this tourney, but, it was just changed from that format.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:54 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Prices are re-Dick. IIHF and Hockey Canada continue to gouge. Kind of sad actually, it’s the only time all these rich 416’er even watch Jr Hockey.

I hope it fails large in Buffalo and in Vancouver next year. Bring it back to small town Canada, and small town prices.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,302 Times in 783 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Prices are re-Dick. IIHF and Hockey Canada continue to gouge. Kind of sad actually, itís the only time all these rich 416íer even watch Jr Hockey.

I hope it fails large in Buffalo and in Vancouver next year. Bring it back to small town Canada, and small town prices.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and so on

I have pretty much lost interest in this tourney for the reason that you have stated.
Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:18 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

At least Vancouver and Victoria have junior teams there so it's not like uncharted waters...like Buffalo.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
At least Vancouver and Victoria have junior teams there so it's not like uncharted waters...like Buffalo.
Yes but Vancouver will probably still be in an nhl rink which will make a good attendance look horrible
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,455 Times in 797 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Prices are re-Dick. IIHF and Hockey Canada continue to gouge. Kind of sad actually, it’s the only time all these rich 416’er even watch Jr Hockey.

Holy mother of Mary ... am I actually agreeing with you?

WOW it must be a friggin miracle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,455 Times in 797 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and so on

I have pretty much lost interest in this tourney for the reason that you have stated.

Thanks again.

I too have lost interest in this tournament ... not that I attend any games but when I hear of the exorbitant prices, the frequent hosting in large non CHL markets, and then the constant amazement at the dismal attendance by the media who ignores the CHL the rest of the year, I just am not excite. About this tourney anymore.

I usually try and watch the elimination and medal rounds ... but as far as the prelims .... SNORE ... I think I’d rather watch Stan Butler’s Troops play!?

Lmfao

Old 12-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I too have lost interest in this tournament ... not that I attend any games but when I hear of the exorbitant prices, the frequent hosting in large non CHL markets, and then the constant amazement at the dismal attendance by the media who ignores the CHL the rest of the year, I just am not excite. About this tourney anymore.

I usually try and watch the elimination and medal rounds ... but as far as the prelims .... SNORE ... I think I’d rather watch Stan Butler’s Troops play!?

Lmfao

Now your just being ridiculous. ...lol