Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,344    Downloads: 888,580   Msgs Posted: 117,584   Thread Views: 18,227,207   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to hear for years ‘Oh, they should hold this in Canada every year - no one shows up when it’s in Europe’. I think now we’re seeing what happens when they do hold it in Canada(Buffalo,NY - close enough) every year. That and the organizers are going to find that forcing fans to buy tickets in a massive single package was/is a mistake. Too expensive, too much all at once. I wonder what might have happened if we could have bought single tickets, at OHL prices..
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I used to hear for years ‘Oh, they should hold this in Canada every year - no one shows up when it’s in Europe’. I think now we’re seeing what happens when they do hold it in Canada(Buffalo,NY - close enough) every year. That and the organizers are going to find that forcing fans to buy tickets in a massive single package was/is a mistake. Too expensive, too much all at once. I wonder what might have happened if we could have bought single tickets, at OHL prices..
I think if you put it in a CHL market. A hockey crazed market. An arena that seats 5000 - 10000. And you charge the same as your market team tickets. You don't let concessions go nuts trying to gouge the fans. People who travel to see the World Jrs, will always travel to see the World Jrs. Make sure it's in a place with plenty of reasonable / affordable accommodations. I think people will come. And the locals will fill up the rest of the seats, especially if you send the market team on an extended road trip. If you feel you NEED to sell packages, have a variety available. Have Team Packs, that let you catch all the games for your Team, have flex packs, have the things people WANT...

Now, I would bet that the problem is that the World Jrs are run by 'Events' people, not really HOCKEY people. People who don't think about things like 'Are people going to want to see the World Jrs in NHL numbers, or would people flock more the Jr hockey venues?'

Just the kind of stuff that floats to the surface of my brain while waiting for classes to start again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 12:51 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

I would be more apt to watching game if in a city that supports junior hockey. Not one that does not have a junior team.
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,447 Times in 792 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
$95 us each and the game is at 8 pm thursday up against the icedogs cheap seats are $65 us

I’ll pass and watch the Dogs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2018, 11:52 AM

Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,407 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,275 Times in 759 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Old 01-06-2018, 12:57 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other membersDogs Enthusiast 104 is well liked by the other members

What a pass by Conor Timmins last night on that game winning goal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 03:35 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

If more players would throw their medals into the crowd, I'd be apt to attend more games.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Great final game nice to see a packed arena Timmons the best player for Canada.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:32 PM

Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,407 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Have to say the victory belonged to Hart.