Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,713    Downloads: 1,604,510   Msgs Posted: 129,100   Thread Views: 26,315,021   Online Now: 119
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is all very encouraging. I wish the season would start tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,050 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Well that is all very encouraging. I wish the season would start tomorrow.

Hopefully this changes when it gets closer to the season starting ... but I’ve never been less excited about a Dogs season to start ... and it’s not really because it’s a rebuild .... I’ve been through the rebuilds .... think it’s just the clowns running the show that I’m tired of and they will be running the show until what happens in Windsor happens in Niagara.

I am looking forward to watching BB make his massive cupboard re stocking deal(s) ... he can’t drop the ball on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Hopefully this changes when it gets closer to the season starting ... but I’ve never been less excited about a Dogs season to start ... and it’s not really because it’s a rebuild .... I’ve been through the rebuilds .... think it’s just the clowns running the show that I’m tired of and they will be running the show until what happens in Windsor happens in Niagara.

I am looking forward to watching BB make his massive cupboard re stocking deal(s) ... he can’t drop the ball on that.

sounds a bit negative.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Thanked 3,381 Times in 1,845 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
sounds a bit negative.
That's an understatement.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I still expect to make the playoffs. We might be young but we have some solid players on the roster at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 02:39 PM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

I see on elite prospects that Stephen Halliday this year is going to play for Dubuque Fighting Saints USHL.....still hope that he changes his mind....
Old 07-13-2019, 03:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,169 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
I see on elite prospects that Stephen Halliday this year is going to play for Dubuque Fighting Saints USHL.....still hope that he changes his mind....
I said my goodbyes to him last season and moved on from him.....
Old 07-13-2019, 08:35 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post

Don’t hold your breath

He’s 100% not coming here

Lol

Old 07-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
sounds a bit negative.

Sharpen that pencil Joey

Not buying this year

Just a lot of selling !!!!!

Old 07-14-2019, 07:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,137 Times in 1,539 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

FUTURE STAR PROFILE #2: LANDON CATO
Landon Cato (6.02/205 lbs) has attended the USA U17 NTDP Selection Camp (March 2019) and USA Hockey Select 15 Development Camp (July 2018)

LANDON CATO HIGHLIGHTS
#2 Toronto Nats Red and White

SOURCE: 2018 USA Hockey Select 15 Development Camp Report
A talented rearguards, Landon Cato was fun to watch because of his competitiveness, energy and brash confidence. He is tall, mobile and a fast skater who loves to carry the puck. Certainly does not lack any confidence with the puck but he tried to do too much. Defensively, however he was a workhorse, defending one-on-one rushes very well by locking on the carrier and standing them up with aggressive timing and physicality.

SOURCE: ohlprospects
Cato possesses size and strength and uses it to assert himself in all zones of the ice. He makes thunderous hits in the corners and along the boards to punish opponents. He sees the ice well and makes excellent passes to spring his forwards. His strengths are his smooth skating, long powerful strides, mobility, hard shot, compete level and his big hits. Cato’s OHL Comparable: Cam Dineen.

SOURCE: prospectpipeline (February 21, 2019)
Landon Cato - an intimidating defenceman who plays the game with an edge alongside a highly promising two-way game. Skating and agility stand as the foundation of Cato’s game. As the sizeable defender, he uses his quick feet to navigate the ice with relative ease. Of solid speed, Cato will use his wheels to track and pin opposing forwards in his defensive end or charge up the ice in order to join a developing offensive attack. He regularly steps up on the blue line in order to sustain plays. A crisp puck-mover, Cato can distribute the puck well from the blue line.

Cato plays a physical style alongside his unwavering competitive edge. Not afraid to stand up for himself or a teammate, he can play an in-your-face style and will ramp up his intensity and effort when battling stern competition. Cato can punish attacking players. Also known for his quick and accurate stick, Cato can surprise his attackers by dis-possessing them before quickly transitioning the puck to his forwards.

Not many glaring areas for improvement within Cato’s game, if we were to pinpoint areas for improvement: On-ice discipline. This is not to say that Cato is a reckless player, but rather greater composure would allow him to maximize his physicality and style of defensive play. Secondly, Cato possesses a hard and heavy shot, but needs to get it on goal more often

Future Potential: Cato has the potential to develop into a top-four defenceman. Of great size at 6-foot-2 and 180-pounds, along with his strong skating and competitiveness should allow Cato to excel relatively quickly. Cato will have no trouble adapting to the physical demands of the next-level.

SOURCE: thescout.ca Prospect Level: 1/2
Landon Cato has all the high-end athletic tools you can ask for. Cato is one of the better defenseman. His large size, smooth skating, and effective passing made the breakouts seemingly easy every time. Cato has a strong shot and always manages to keep the puck in the zone. Makes smart plays, never gets baited into a poor decision.

Cato is a two-way defenseman who showed excellent puck-movement and ability to walk the blueline to find open lanes and makes hard crisp passes on the tape.

Cato possesses great size and strength that he utilizes to punish opponents in the defensive zone. He hits hard in the corners to secure the puck and start the breakout. He makes hard-accurate passes out of the zone. He takes away space quickly from attackers and either lays a hit or blocks a shot attempt. Though a tremendous asset, he needs to remain disciplined and be careful not to take penalties through his pest-like antics.

Defenceman Landon Cato opts to play in OHL with IceDogs
May 02, 2019 The St. Catharines Standard
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...-with-icedogs/

Landon is one of the physically OHL-ready players in his draft year that I have ever scouted, IceDogs GM Joey Burke said. "He plays a mean, shut-down game and is very hard to beat. He hits with impact, has an absolute cannon from the point and is very smooth with the puck on his stick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: