Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,728    Downloads: 1,609,534   Msgs Posted: 129,205   Thread Views: 26,370,894   Online Now: 64
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,169 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default Mark Mancari - Assistant Coach

Niagara Ice Dogs have just announced that the new assistant coach for this season will be Mark Mancari who has recently retired from the game. He spent the past four years playing in Germany. He also played with Buffalo and Vancouver as per the press release. He is also a former Ottawa 67's player.

Last edited by NiceDawg; 07-30-2019 at 07:47 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 09:02 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

I read this last night as well.

Had the whole "Who Cares" routine pop in my head, like when we have a goal against.

Is this a good announcement ?

Didn't read anything about a period of time coaching, so he is newer than what we have now for coaching staff?

Or, is there some advantage (payable - salary) of having a "Big Brother" figure on staff ?
If so, doesn't Jordan Maletta fill that roll ?
Old 07-31-2019, 11:06 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDog View Post
I read this last night as well.

Had the whole "Who Cares" routine pop in my head, like when we have a goal against.

Is this a good announcement ?

Didn't read anything about a period of time coaching, so he is newer than what we have now for coaching staff?

Or, is there some advantage (payable - salary) of having a "Big Brother" figure on staff ?
If so, doesn't Jordan Maletta fill that roll ?
Speaking for myself here, I am going to give him at least one month before I start judging him. My goodness, the guy deserves a little bit of time to adjust to the new duties.
Jordan Malletta has no experience either so why in the hell would we want him as the official assistant coach. Just because he played here? Really!!
Sorry to disagree with you though.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 07-31-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:34 AM
2nd Line

RobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to beholdRobDog is a splendid one to behold

Might have noticed my post rate... and should have known better.

PLease note the question marks... roughly 4

As I was looking for some information on why they would add someone with zero coaching experience. Even asked some feedback on the thought of a Big Brother figure...

So, please don't be sorry for disagreeing with me.... I was looking for information before making one

All the best !!
The Following User Says Thank You to RobDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 08:01 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,543 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Goaltending Coach Janosz signs contract extension
https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/g...ract-extension
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Speaking for myself here, I am going to give him at least one month before I start judging him. My goodness, the guy deserves a little bit of time to adjust to the new duties.
Jordan Malletta has no experience either so why in the hell would we want him as the official assistant coach. Just because he played here? Really!!
Sorry to disagree with you though.
As an example of coaching with no previous experience, I took a look at Jody Hull's road to coaching.
He retired from Pro-Hockey at the end of the 2003-2004 season. After playing in the OHL, NHL and the AHL.

He was hired as an Assistant-Coach by the Peterborough Petes for the 2005-2006 season. He stayed on as an Assistant for 6 season when he was promoted to Head Coach part way through the 2012-2013 season. He kept that job until he was replaced in the 2017-2018 season.

This is just one example of retired players moving on to a coaching career.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Rookie

CrazyJoeDavola will become famous soon enough

''Who Cares'' is how I feel about a new assistant coach. The two Ding Dong brothers are still head coach & GM. The Dogs will never win under the Burke reign or be held accountable by the parents for their failures. .....Again was it bad coaching or bad GM this past playoff epic failure
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJoeDavola For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
''Who Cares'' is how I feel about a new assistant coach. The two Ding Dong brothers are still head coach & GM. The Dogs will never win under the Burke reign or be held accountable by the parents for their failures. .....Again was it bad coaching or bad GM this past playoff epic failure
I find it very hard to disagree with you on your thoughts of the Burke brothers.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to pile on here, but with the Dogs now at the bottom of the development cycle, we can be absolutely sure that the tenure of the Burke Boys is rock solid, wrapped in steel and sprayed with Teflon.
They’ve got their jobs until they don’t want them anymore.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:41 AM

Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,848 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Not to pile on here, but with the Dogs now at the bottom of the development cycle, we can be absolutely sure that the tenure of the Burke Boys is rock solid, wrapped in steel and sprayed with Teflon.
They’ve got their jobs until they don’t want them anymore.
I don't think their jobs were ever in jeopardy, so nothing has changed. It has been said before but as long as this is a family-owned team, the family contingent will continue in their roles regardless of their performance. As long as they want the jobs, they will have them, I think anyone would expect that. The only thing that changes that dynamic is the sale of the team, some family crisis/tension, or the creation of a different Burke enterprise that attracts their interest away.

I worry very little about this, there are some amazing coaches and GMs in the OHL and there are some real turkeys. I don't think our contingent is on either extreme end of the spectrum. They have done some things very right and screwed some things up, which is probably the same scorecard for most other teams in the league. Nothing to see here folks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: