Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,727    Downloads: 1,607,011   Msgs Posted: 129,163   Thread Views: 26,351,084   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:12 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
. I think the general consensus is that your sour grapes of Akil being named captain holds no weight. ...I trust the opinion of people who actually spend time around the team then a bitter fan. Call me Crazy
I thought Phil Tomasino would have been a better choice. Consensus is we keep him this year and trade him next year unless a mega deal comes through. So why not have some stability? Is that crazy Joe?
Old 08-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,054 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I thought Phil Tomasino would have been a better choice. Consensus is we keep him this year and trade him next year unless a mega deal comes through. So why not have some stability? Is that crazy Joe?

Agreed Red...Phil T will likely be here next year so some stability would be great ... perhaps the C does add a little oompah to trading Akhil at the deadline and maybe improves the return a bit.

I don’t know too much behind the scenes stuff but I do remember that I wasn’t too impressed in the playoffs last year when dumb dumb Billy had Akhil out in a series winning game in the last thirty seconds and he was subject to a cheap shot by their OA player. He went down like he was dead...then got up after and mocked the opponent at their bench.....only to miss the next game or two due to the injury sustained on that play... sorry that’s not the kind of leadership that I want on this team... nor is it the kind of intelligence that I want behind the bench ... I digress ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2019, 10:10 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Both will likely be gone by the trade deadline. Thomas was a great choice for the C
Old 08-29-2019, 11:10 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Agreed Red...Phil T will likely be here next year so some stability would be great ... perhaps the C does add a little oompah to trading Akhil at the deadline and maybe improves the return a bit.

I don’t know too much behind the scenes stuff but I do remember that I wasn’t too impressed in the playoffs last year when dumb dumb Billy had Akhil out in a series winning game in the last thirty seconds and he was subject to a cheap shot by their OA player. He went down like he was dead...then got up after and mocked the opponent at their bench.....only to miss the next game or two due to the injury sustained on that play... sorry that’s not the kind of leadership that I want on this team... nor is it the kind of intelligence that I want behind the bench ... I digress ...

Giving a rare shoutout to black Sox on a topic which has been beaten to death this summer ... I agree with him that the best time to move Phil T is the 2021 trade deadline ..... it would mot be wise to trade him this trade deadline ...
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
it would mot be wise to trade him this trade deadline ...
Unless it was a boatload of picks, the kind of deal you can't turn down.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,169 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I would still not trade Tomasino this season, period.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:54 PM
Team Captain

Quote:

I think Blacksox is right on this one

You aren’t going to get substantially more at this year’s deadline as opposed to next year’s deadline ... he’s spent the time researching it and I shockingly agree with him.

You need to have someone for the fans to buy tickets to watch after the trade deadline and next season.

If the deal is so ridiculous (like a type of deal JB would make to load up lol) then by all means trade him ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: