Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,727    Downloads: 1,607,011   Msgs Posted: 129,163   Thread Views: 26,351,245   Online Now: 123
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,054 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
In the case of Christian Stevens, an extremely reliable source told me he came to camp with the hopes of getting a contract with the IceDogs. Stevens was impressive enough to warrant at least a top 9 spot to start the season. So the IceDogs were probably unable to come to some type of an agreement - can only assume Stevens’ advisor/agent probably wanted a gold contract - that the IceDogs didn’t have or want to offer.

If Stevens is still interest in the OHL, can the IceDogs trade him, if they acquired him for a conditional pick?

To answer my own question. The IceDogs should be able to trade him - they did officially acquired his rights for a 15th rd pick.

The Spitfires received a conditional 15th-round draft pick in 2023 that turns into a sixth-round pick in 2022 if Stevens plays one game for Niagara.

Thanks for the update BS...

Was a worthwhile gamble for the Dogs given what they gave up ... no problem with that deal not coming to fruition thus far

Let’s call London ... guessing they can get him signed ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
If it was me I'd move Johnson now. If Castleman rips it up it's only going to up his value towards the deadline. I'd be more than happy to keep Johnson around but they don't really have space for him IMO.
I think offensively Castleman could get the IceDogs more in a trade, than Johnson. And From what I saw in camp, IceDogs are going to need defensive help from their forwards. I also like Johnson because he can be called upon to occasionally provide steady defense. Not that I see Castleman as a defensive liability, I just think Johnson is the better defensive forward. And with 2 young goaltenders, and a very young D corps, they will need as much support as they can get.

Probably just a philosophical difference I suppose. I'd rather have Johnson than Castleman. But I can see your point about keeping Castleman as well.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
...thatís the 2009-2015 Toronto Blue Jays fan in me
lol... That was during my period of 'lapsed baseball fandom...' Not that I wasn't a fan, just wasn't paying that close of attention. lol But I've always been a wrestling fan... lol
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,169 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Game day!!!!
Actually, this is the first day of 3 in 3.
Let's see how the rookies hold up with their first test during the 3 in 3 days.
Go Dogs Go!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 11:59 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,542 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

DJ tweeted out...The #icedogs look like they have 4 legit 16 year old #ohl players with Enright, Cato, Agostinelli and Rosenzweig. It's only preseason but remember those names in 2 years...

Anyone at the game, with thoughts or impression on those players and others?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

My wife and I attended the Barrie game on Thursday night and I thought that Johnson was their most impressive skater. Isn't that ironic.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 PM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

Rosenzweig has played better than Tynan..but i think they are going to keep Tynan as their backup ..
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2019, 09:41 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Rosenzweig has played better than Tynan..but i think they are going to keep Tynan as their backup ..
Tynan just stopped 40 of 41 in Dogs only pre season win. Uberti 3 points, DeSimone scores 2 more.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you freakin’ serious? That must have been some kind of technical failure So they go to an elongated commercial break and never come back? Ok, well, I think(?) that’s the first win of the year That Jonah DiSimone sounds like a keeper! Jake Uberti seems like he’s really taken a step forward as well it’s going to be very interesting to see who comes back from NHL camps.
This year is going to provide a lot of interest and intrigue, I think..
Old 09-14-2019, 10:30 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Are you freakiní serious? That must have been some kind of technical failure So they go to an elongated commercial break and never come back? Ok, well, I think(?) thatís the first win of the year That Jonah DiSimone sounds like a keeper! Jake Uberti seems like heís really taken a step forward as well itís going to be very interesting to see who comes back from NHL camps.
This year is going to provide a lot of interest and intrigue, I think..
This year will be interesting, that's for sure, and I am looking forward to it.

Both Thomas and Tomasino will be back and I have stated this earlier that Thomas would be moved at the deadline.

Does anyone know why Sopa was a scratch tonight?