Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,835    Downloads: 2,631,634   Msgs Posted: 136,972   Thread Views: 40,893,562   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!
Default The Burkes Take the Mic

So today Bill Burke Sr. took to Facebook to release a statement which essentially said there has now been a ‘crackdown’ on anyone releasing team/player related information on Facebook, which may, I don’t know, extend to this site as well. It will be interesting to see how that affects the ‘Rumour Mill’ about this team. And frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the Dogs to do something like this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
So today Bill Burke Sr. took to Facebook to release a statement which essentially said there has now been a ‘crackdown’ on anyone releasing team/player related information on Facebook, which may, I don’t know, extend to this site as well. It will be interesting to see how that affects the ‘Rumour Mill’ about this team. And frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the Dogs to do something like this.
I don’t think it’s going to change much when it comes to certain people talking about stuff because they don’t normally mention stuff until it’s factual I think this is more about the info that has been going around about Thomas and Incze and where it came from
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,727 Times in 2,066 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
To quote the icedogfans.com home page:

"What is IceDogFans.com? We are a fanatical support group of the Niagara IceDogs OHL hockey team. We have no official relations with the organization, or the OHL."

Moderator's Note: The recent rumour on Facebook was posted here and it was sourced to the Facebook site. I was able to view that post and confirmed our member's observations. Our member was not purporting to have any inside knowledge
and the matter was discussed respectfully on this site. There were no site policy violations.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 10:20 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

You know what the Burkes could do to control the narrative? They could be more communicative. Simple as that.

All that had to be said about Thomas injury was the nature of the injury, he's being looked after by team (LA) Drs, and is expected to return (XXXX-XX-XX) but as with any injury, that's nothing more than an estimate.

A quick couple of lines, nothing that would cause an issue for the team, or player, and it would have forestalled all the nonsense and speculation, the people spreading the rumour that he was done for the season.

The Incze issue is, of course, waaaaaaaay more complicated. But again, saying something along the lines of : Negotiations are ongoing with a couple of clubs (no need to name names), but nothing is forthcoming at this moment. Please be aware that this is a teenager and respect his privacy.

Add a line about whether or not he's expected to be dressed before being moved. (Which is what started all the talk in the first place, someone asked why he wasn't dressed and someone else had to play 'big-shot' and disseminate information that they weren't supposed to). Problem solved.

They don't have to give any details... Maybe have Billy work it in during a post game interview.

The 'playing close to the vest' then getting upset when people speculate / spin the rumour mill, is patently ridiculous. You can't have it both ways. The fan base is (as proper) fanatical. They want to know / discuss what is going on.

There's no reason for them to let this stuff get out of hand to the point where Bill has to get on FB and issue a statement like that. A Social Media Coordinator could pop into the official FB and Twitter, drop a short couple of lines and there would be no rampant speculation, or someone affiliated with the team 'going rogue'.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
You know what the Burkes could do to control the narrative? They could be more communicative. Simple as that.

All that had to be said about Thomas injury was the nature of the injury, he's being looked after by team (LA) Drs, and is expected to return (XXXX-XX-XX) but as with any injury, that's nothing more than an estimate.

A quick couple of lines, nothing that would cause an issue for the team, or player, and it would have forestalled all the nonsense and speculation, the people spreading the rumour that he was done for the season.

The Incze issue is, of course, waaaaaaaay more complicated. But again, saying something along the lines of : Negotiations are ongoing with a couple of clubs (no need to name names), but nothing is forthcoming at this moment. Please be aware that this is a teenager and respect his privacy.

Add a line about whether or not he's expected to be dressed before being moved. (Which is what started all the talk in the first place, someone asked why he wasn't dressed and someone else had to play 'big-shot' and disseminate information that they weren't supposed to). Problem solved.

They don't have to give any details... Maybe have Billy work it in during a post game interview.

The 'playing close to the vest' then getting upset when people speculate / spin the rumour mill, is patently ridiculous. You can't have it both ways. The fan base is (as proper) fanatical. They want to know / discuss what is going on.

There's no reason for them to let this stuff get out of hand to the point where Bill has to get on FB and issue a statement like that. A Social Media Coordinator could pop into the official FB and Twitter, drop a short couple of lines and there would be no rampant speculation, or someone affiliated with the team 'going rogue'.
Although I agree with you about them being more communicative I’m sure they don’t care about fans speculating it’s when people in and round the team who aren’t involved in media coverage of the team saying stuff in public social media or at the rink to fans the Burke’s shouldn’t have to say anything about this cause it should be common sense for billiets or people working for the team and to Billy’s credit he did address the Thomas thing he just did it later than fans would like

Last edited by dogs777; 11-16-2018 at 10:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 12:30 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,367 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Rumor mills will always run...

There's already policy in place here regarding rumor-posting. (#14 here:
RULES / GUIDELINES / INFORMATION - All users please read before reading/posting msgs! - Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !
)

Yes we legally have free speech, and can say what we wish. But rule #14 ^^ in that link is here to keep things from getting out of hand, which in the first couple years, happened. People were posting all sorts of BS and nobody knew what to believe.

So now, if you post a rumor, you MUST post the source. If you don't, and the rumor turns out to be false, the account will be deleted.

You can post rumors, just make sure you know them to be true first so there's no penalty against your account.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 11-17-2018 at 12:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can you post Mr. Burke's message?
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 06:09 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,226 Times in 835 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Fans are going to speculate
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

I’ll see if I can..
Old 11-17-2018, 09:45 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I’ll see if I can..
I didn't see any message from Mr. Burke just the owner of the FB page. I wonder if the billet families have to sign non-disclosure agreements? The have a hard time keeping billets, I wonder if it will get worse when they have a gag order and "consequences" for speaking out.