Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,749    Downloads: 1,657,010   Msgs Posted: 130,988   Thread Views: 27,697,558   Online Now: 89
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-13-2019, 01:24 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,128 Times in 772 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

He an update on CKTB on Tynan https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 01:29 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,224 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Bill and Denise Burke stopped by our Great Holiday Food Drive to drop off a donation for Community Care.

CKTB's Tim Denis asking the Burke's about the condition of the 17 year old rookie goalie from Chicago.

They say Tucker is doing well after undergoing emergency surgery, but has a long recovery ahead.

Bill Burke says the skate cut through his leg to the bone and struck an artery, causing massive blood loss.

Denise Burke says she has never had such a horrifying experience in her life but she commends the team's staff for their quick action helping Tucker until EMS arrived.

The Burke's also say Tucker's mother flew in last night to be with her son.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,999 Times in 1,125 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There are a few considerations to decide on here:
  1. Is Tynan out for the rest of the season?
  2. Is Sbaraglia capable of playing starters hours?
  3. Is the season worth picking up a bargain basement starting goalie?

My prediction is he will be done for the season
I don’t think Sbaraglia is OHL quality starter
DONT PICK UP A GOALIE UNLESS WE SUFFER A OTHER LONG TERM INJURY - this season is a nothing ... to waste picks yo bring in a buddy would be illogical

Tynans injury and the trades of Lodnia and Thomas will help us settle to 8th in the conference ... which is where I hope we finish ... looking for that fifth overall pick in the draft this season ...

Hoping this injury doesn’t prevent Tucker from returning as the starter next season. Really enjoyed watching him play.

I think this injury if season ending ruins his chances to be rookie of the year unfortunately ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There are a few considerations to decide on here:
  1. Is Tynan out for the rest of the season?
  2. Is Sbaraglia capable of playing starters hours?
  3. Is the season worth picking up a bargain basement starting goalie?
1. Yeah, I don't see him back based on what the Burkes have released so far. I'd be surprised to see him skating for, at least, a couple of months.

2. Sbrags is capable, but will not steal games the way Tynan has been in the first half of the season.

3. Nope, stay the course. Stick with Sbrags as your starter, give Rosenzweig some starts and see what you have in him. I would not be upset if the IceDogs ended up out of the Playoffs with a really high pick next season. I mean it's nice to have a playoffs streak, but it sure would be nice to find a Byfield type player.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. Sbrags is capable, but will not steal games the way Tynan has been in the first half of the season.
We could even get lucky and he will improve with ice time. Keeping my fingers crossed for that too.

Is it just me .... or does it feel real inappropriate to even be talking about this. I am emotionally drained from all of it. I can't imagine how the team feels.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 06:52 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,224 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I google a cut quad muscle injury but could only find results for torn. Once again, remembering that Tucker is still with us today, not to be too dramatic.
The recovery time.... so everyone has a better idea as to what to expect... repairs not cut to the bone. Damn..

How long does a torn quad take to heal?
Your surgeon will remove sutures or staples about two weeks after surgery. Complete recovery takes at least 4 months, but most repairs are almost completely healed within 6 months. It may take even longer to completely achieve strength training and range of motion goals.Oct 19, 2017
Old 12-13-2019, 07:02 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
1. Yeah, I don't see him back based on what the Burkes have released so far. I'd be surprised to see him skating for, at least, a couple of months.

3. Nope, stay the course. Stick with Sbrags as your starter, give Rosenzweig some starts and see what you have in him. I would not be upset if the IceDogs ended up out of the Playoffs with a really high pick next season. I mean it's nice to have a playoffs streak, but it sure would be nice to find a Byfield type player.

North Bay is so bad , the Dogs only really have to worry about the Fronts catching them ... they are playing better of late and the dogs will hit the skids big time post trade deadline ... Shane Wright on his own could put the Fronts ahead of the Dogs and into a playoff spot ... he’s putting up phenomenal numbers as an exceptional player, after a slow start ....

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
We could even get lucky and he will improve with ice time. Keeping my fingers crossed for that too.

Is it just me .... or does it feel real inappropriate to even be talking about this. I am emotionally drained from all of it. I can't imagine how the team feels.

Well the show must go on, as they say ...

Old 12-14-2019, 11:52 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,128 Times in 772 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Don’t forget the Stealheads are brutal too.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:20 PM

Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,903 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

If they pick up players with the Thomas and Lodnia trades, the team could be fine. It isn't unheard of for a rookie-laden team to gel and excel.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: