Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,181,489   Msgs Posted: 120,952   Thread Views: 21,176,020   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Likely means some of Moore, Tomasino, Constantinou are trade chips this year ...
Which means ... after this year ... next year 2019-2020 could be really ugly ... the ugliest year ever in Niagara ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t be saying anything about 2019-2020 being really ugly just yet I’m sure a lot of people thought the last tear down year would be horrible but wasn’t that bad so the next one could be the same as for the trade chips I think one or more of the guys you mentioned would’ve been gone even if they didn’t trade the second round pick
Old 06-15-2018, 12:41 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,084 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Niagara IceDogs sign 'powerful' centreman Jake Uberti
by Stephen Leithwood

https://www.niagarathisweek.com/comm...n-jake-uberti/

The Niagara IceDogs may have found a top-flight centreman in the fourth round of the OHL draft back in April. IceDogs general manager Joey Burke, “While of course we plan to be an older, stronger team this year he will primarily be used early in a bottom six role, however he absolutely has the talent to be a high-end centre in this league, and we expect him to have a great career in Niagara.”

OHL Central Scouting wrote this: “Jake (6.00, 180 lbs) has all the offensive tools to be a productive and dangerous offensive player. He is a good skater that has the ability to challenge defenders wide and has the skill to make plays at top speed.”

Central Scouting also compared him to St. Louis Blues prospect Robert Thomas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Another signing coming today according to Matt and DJ
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Niagara IceDogs sign 'powerful' centreman Jake Uberti
by Stephen Leithwood

https://www.niagarathisweek.com/comm...n-jake-uberti/

IceDogs general manager Joey Burke, “While of course we plan to be an older, stronger team this year he will primarily be used early in a bottom six role.
I don’t know about anyone else but this quote from Joey basically tells me Halliday isn’t coming here’s his replacement
Old 06-15-2018, 01:11 PM
Big League

IceDogs sign Jonah De Simone https://bit.ly/2JGE8cH
Old 06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,412 Times in 861 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I really liked what I saw of Uberti in that first game of the OHL Cup and now, the team has signed De Simone to play in Niagara,
He was drafted ahead of Uberti in the 4th round so there must be something there. To my knowledge, he did not play in Kitchener along with our other prospects.

Would anyone have any info in our new signed prospect? Besides what is available in his profile.

Now, maybe with can put this Halliday stuff behind us.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 06-15-2018 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Made a small correction
Old 06-18-2018, 12:22 AM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
IceDogs sign Jonah De Simone https://bit.ly/2JGE8cH
02 Jonah De Simone RW (5.10, 162 lbs)

SCOUTING REPORT:
A tenacious goal scorer who goes into the dirty areas. Excellent skater, quick feet and gets shots off quickly. A playmaker who is always active and around the puck. Very good hockey sense and has good hands. Considered a "potential" player who could develop into a front line offensive player.
Strengths (according to thescout.ca):
<> good speed
<> good shot
<> two-way player with offensive upside.
<> good athletic frame - should definitely fill out more and get stronger.

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: #11 (Suggestion: Mute the volume)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=telNeIdY1Uk

MORE HIGHLIGHTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-QlXJjP-_Q
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Rookie

Hockey22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Halliday is invited to Canada's U17 camp in Calgary. Haven't heard any similar interest from the US National Development Team (just sayin').
Halliday is a Canadian 100 percent. Not a dual citizen . He grew up in Oakville just search the web. He lived in US for a few years probably because of family job or something. By every single report I have seen he was a first rounder but told teams he was not going to come. To me he Did the honest thing versus some others.

Hopefully Burke can convince him to come to Niagara. His numbers speak for themselves and think he could for sure be top 6 here this year. From what I read he was highest scorer at the camp of the ushl team that drafted himand mvp of final Ohl gold cup where the two best teams played. In my view he would help us win this year given his size, speed and offensive skill. Uberti is the real deal as well but may need a year or so to make an impact.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey22 View Post
Halliday is a Canadian 100 percent. Not a dual citizen . He grew up in Oakville just search the web. He lived in US for a few years probably because of family job or something. By every single report I have seen he was a first rounder but told teams he was not going to come. To me he Did the honest thing versus some others.

Hopefully Burke can convince him to come to Niagara. His numbers speak for themselves and think he could for sure be top 6 here this year. From what I read he was highest scorer at the camp of the ushl team that drafted himand mvp of final Ohl gold cup where the two best teams played. In my view he would help us win this year given his size, speed and offensive skill. Uberti is the real deal as well but may need a year or so to make an impact.
Not sure, but according to elite prospect Halliday has dual citizenship born in Glenwood, MD, USA.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:28 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey22 View Post

If he eventually decides to come here (I honestly don’t see It) he’s not top 6 this year unless this team isn’t where they expected to be I think the drafted guys are third line at best this year (expect for maybe the imports because they are older and most likely already better)
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: