Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,791    Downloads: 1,872,652   Msgs Posted: 134,625   Thread Views: 32,102,804   Online Now: 134
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News Talk of former IceDog players

Old 01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,181 Times in 811 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Nice to hear Shaw scored tonight the Hawks are on TSN Two Sunday night when they host the Wings I hope Shaw plays in that game
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,254 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
Looks like he might have been cut when his forehead hit the ice, then kept fighting. At least that's what I want to believe

Congrats to Shaw on making it to the Show!
I would say he was cut by a punch, as there was blood pouring out of him and you could see it splattered on the ice before he hits the ice. Rinaldo beat him up convincingly IMHO.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,254 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I watched the whole Hawks/Flyers game tonight on Centre Ice as I watch all Flyers games. I was excited to watch Shaw play, and he had one heckuva game. Wearing #65, he played most of the night on the #1 line, with Toews and Sharp, except for the third period where he had some shifts with Kane and Hossa. He saw spot duty on the PK.

He had an excellent game, in fact, the CHI-town broadcasters named him the Hawks player of the game. I would say he was one of the better Hawks in the game.

With one goal, and one fight, and probably 4 decent hits. On his goal he really made vet Kimmo Timonen look really badly, he stepped around him after coming out from behind the net untouched, and then buried it behind Bryzgaglov. Timonen may have been hurt on the play, in his defense, as he did not play the remainder of the game after that goal.

He had several chances for an assist, and the coveted "Gordie Howe Hattrick", however, his teammates failed to capitalize on opportunities.

He also had at least one other good scoring chance on a wraparound which Bryzgaglov stopped.

All in all, an excellent debut for one of my favorite Icedogs...he did not look out of place at all in the NHL, good to see for Andrew, who always appeared to be a hard-working physical kid with a soft set of mitts.

The broadcasters said he brought down a bus load of fans from Belleville for the game.

Truly a night to remember for Shaw. I am very happy for him, unbelievable story really, passed over in his draft year, wins the OHL championship, is a late 5th round draft choice, and midway through the NHL season he plays his first game and scores his first goal.
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,366 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,366 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would say he was cut by a punch, as there was blood pouring out of him and you could see it splattered on the ice before he hits the ice. Rinaldo beat him up convincingly IMHO.
It was that first punch by Rinaldo. Came sweeping down and just caught Shaw on the corner of the eye. Shaw probably didn't even feel it and it looked a lot worse that it was. Rinaldo sure was swinging fast though. Although I think that glancing blow was the only one that might have landed. But he kept going so fast that it kept Shaw from ever getting positioned at all.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Serving a Suspension

Luke_Perry will become famous soon enough

where is this link to the goal?

im in awe.... i love that kid! I new he would make it!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
1st Line

61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of61jr has much to be proud of

http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...id=0&id=147494
Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 PM
3rd Line

gord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to beholdgord is a splendid one to behold

7 points in 10 games,5 goals and 1 winner,going to be hard to send him back down.