Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,821    Downloads: 2,507,072   Msgs Posted: 135,864   Thread Views: 39,342,699   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:56 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,286 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default 2021-2022 ICEDOGS ROSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
Maybe you should stop crying about every post you don?t agree with. There?s nothing negative about not thinking he?ll be coming to Niagara.

1) He is AHL eligible.
2) He can return to the USHL
3) He played in a league last year that actually had a full season, nobody knows if that will happen here. He had success in that league and might feel more comfortable returning there.
4) The USHL might be more competitive this year as the OHL will have two years of rookies that haven?t played a game coming in. At the same time having two years of players graduating. And a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds that didn?t play last year.

If that doesn?t make sense to you, you may have your head in the sand.

Instead of pouting about what you perceive as a ?negative? post, maybe you can add something to the conversation that actually has some merit.

Thanks for the support Lou. Have a nacho on me!

I doubt he reports to Niagara for many of the reasons you indicated .

If he is AHL eligible and could actually be paid more than $100 a week to ply hockey in a country that seems to be oblivious to the pandemic why would he choose to come here and play in the OHL which should be watered down this year in a province governed by a premier who changes his mind like I change underwear ?

If I were his agent I would he steering him south.

I do not view myself as pessimistic ? I view myself as a realist who does not drink the Kool aid from the Burke kool aid stand.

That is all.

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2021, 07:38 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,999 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
If he is AHL eligible and could actually be paid more than $100 a week to ply hockey in a country that seems to be oblivious to the pandemic why would he choose to come here and play in the OHL....If I were his agent I would he steering him south.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So just to clarify for IceDogs’ fans, here are ONLY the facts…

<>Gushchin is not going back to the USHL.

<>The decision on when he begins getting paid the first year of his ELC is neither Danil’s or his agents’ - that belongs solely to the SJS organization.

<> The decision AHL or OHL has not been made yet, it will be known in early October (after completion of the rookie tournament and AHL camp).

<>If he remains in the AHL, the IceDogs will then sign Alex Graham (who has arrived in Niagara).
<>03 Alex Graham (6.02) would be eligible to play 3 seasons. A UK scouting report on Graham: skates fast; likes to shoot the puck and can score in several ways.

Click on the link below to hear Gushchin himself say, “SJS will tell me what to do - stay here with the barracudas (AHL) or go to the OHL.”

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 09:03 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,341 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
LMAO,, coming from the two most optimistic Icedog fans!
Woah, woah, woah, I thought you had me in your top two. What gives?

But seriously, a couple people don’t except him back for good reason and you take that as negative? Being realistic doesn’t make it negative.

Believe or not, a lot of people come here for differing opinions, information, rumours and even some facts. Some don’t just come to sing kumbaya.

FWIW, I don’t think he comes either. In a perfect world he comes, plays well lights it up, gets dealt at the deadline to bring in assets that can be used when the Dogs go for it. But, I think it makes more sense for development to play in the AHL.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 09:47 AM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I’ve seen Gushchin play quite a bit – and as I’ve stated before if he’s NOT in the AHL, it was a decision based on something other than talent! Contract? Number of SJS signed AHL players? Available Player Options? Numbers game in SJS (AHL)?

Then when I read this in the St Catharines Standard (Bernd Franke Sept. 1) it got me wondering perhaps there is something we don’t know???
“There was some question heading into training camp that San Jose would be keeping him in its farm system for development but the team (has) permitted him to return to a fourth season at the junior level.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 10:36 AM

Post #6 Updated

PLAYER PROFILE: Brice Cooke
Old 09-14-2021, 11:56 AM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I’ve seen Gushchin play quite a bit – and as I’ve stated before if he’s NOT in the AHL, it was a decision based on something other than talent! Contract? Number of SJS signed AHL players? Available Player Options? Numbers game in SJS (AHL)?

Then when I read this in the St Catharines Standard (Bernd Franke Sept. 1) it got me wondering perhaps there is something we don’t know???
“There was some question heading into training camp that San Jose would be keeping him in its farm system for development but the team (has) permitted him to return to a fourth season at the junior level.”
So based on solely on talent, in your opinion he should be playoff in the AHL correct?

Are you reading this maddog? How can Blacksox be so negative?
Old 09-14-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
So based on solely on talent, in your opinion he should be playoff in the AHL correct?

Are you reading this maddog? How can Blacksox be so negative?
Hey, hey don’t put words in my mouth. Read my post carefully
What I am saying is there are reports of Gushchin possibly ending up in the OHL - and that the decision on where SJS decides to place him may not be entirely based on talent. Other factors appear to be in play. I don’t know exactly what they are but no one including Gushchin or SJS have ruled out the OHL yet.

So until we hear official word, there seems to be 50/50 chance. IceDogs, SJS and Gushchin are saying maybe and IceDogs fans are saying NO way.

#yesgoodenoughtobeintheahl

Last edited by Blacksox; 09-14-2021 at 01:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2021, 04:39 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Icedogs sign import draft pick Alex Graham
Old 09-14-2021, 04:49 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Hey, hey don’t put words in my mouth. Read my post carefully
What I am saying is there are reports of Gushchin possibly ending up in the OHL - and that the decision on where SJS decides to place him may not be entirely based on talent. Other factors appear to be in play. I don’t know exactly what they are but no one including Gushchin or SJS have ruled out the OHL yet.

So until we hear official word, there seems to be 50/50 chance. IceDogs, SJS and Gushchin are saying maybe and IceDogs fans are saying NO way.

#yesgoodenoughtobeintheahl

For the record…. “Doubt” and “I don’t think” are a far cry from anyone saying “No way”. I’m not sure anyone has said “no way”. It’s an even further cry from being negative. No matter how much poor maddog wants it to be. And that was the point of the post. That even Blacksox the eternal optimist believes that based on talent alone, Gushchin should be in the AHL and not in Niagara. (Without putting words in your mouth of course)
Old 09-14-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
For the record…. “Doubt” and “I don’t think” are a far cry from anyone saying “No way”. I’m not sure anyone has said “no way”. It’s an even further cry from being negative. No matter how much poor maddog wants it to be. And that was the point of the post. That even Blacksox the eternal optimist believes that based on talent alone, Gushchin should be in the AHL and not in Niagara. (Without putting words in your mouth of course)
For the record, my post were neither positive or negative. I was simply listing the facts surrounding Gushchin’s situation and fans can draw their own conclusions based on the facts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: