Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,621,923   Msgs Posted: 129,723   Thread Views: 26,717,980   Online Now: 107
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 11:24 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

We could have the makings of a very fun and dynamic team here. Both Jonah DiSimone and Phil Tomasino were poppin’ on every shift out there. I love watching a junior team that is playing loose and having fun
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2019, 11:56 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,421 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Awfully quiet in here on the day of the season opener

Was at the arena picking up my
Tickets and the Sudbury bus was there already 11:15pm or so. I could hear someone was on the ice I wonder if they were having a game day skate ?

Looks like Sudbury got a new bus it was pretty sharp looking.

Glad I got another license plate frame 😩

Tonight will be my
First glimpse of the Dogs this year

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That license plate frame would've looked pretty sharp on their new bus.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:58 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,077 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 1)

An entertaining game last night ...

Some observations

#1 - Sudbury fans better fill the barn to watch Quinton Byfield ... what a stud ... 6 foot 4 215 lbs, can skate, pass and finish... oh and he just turned 17 in late August ... can you say top three NHL pick next June? His first goal was nice, the pass he made to set up the second goal was sick, and then he tipped in the third goal.

#2 - not to take anything away from Niagara’s win but two of the first theee goals scored were beer league goals and the fifth goal wasn’t much better ... it’s early but if Sudbury is to go anywhere this year they may need to shop at the Goalie Shop first ... Purdoo isn’t the answer.

#3 - I’m going to reserve negative comments on Icedog players until maybe mid November ... as I want to see them several times before I comment...not sure if I can wait that long

#4 - given #3 above, and putting on my rose coloured glasses, the Dogs who I thought were really good were (in order of impression) - Sbrags, Sopa, Tomasino, Roberts, DeSimone.

#5 - early impression on Enright - kid loves to join the rush ... first OHL game and already a puck to the mouth, talk about bad luck!

#6 - loved the grit that Doherty showed ... likes to throw the body around a bit ...

#7 - any update on where Cato was last night? Awfully highly touted upon his acquisition by the Burkies ... I found it odd that he wasn’t even there for player introductions ... maybe sick? That’s my guess ...

Strangely quiet in here after a season opening win ... has apathy spread from me to the rest of the fan base? Hope not!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 09:47 AM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

It was reported that Cato was ill. The other absentees I didn't hear about.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Sopa really showed a lot of confidence. Bodes well going forward.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,191 Times in 1,578 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

A few additional take-aways to add to the Stroh Report…

Castleman defensive game is incredible. Any one of those teams looking to take a run at a title – should desperately try and pry him away from Niagara. He has matured into that perfect fit / player that contending teams need to win a championship.

GC Chanton’s 1 vs 1 defending was impressive. A good skater who plays the angles exceptionally well. I hope that is what we can expect game in game out from him.

Lost in that beauty of Tomasino’s first goal was a clever outlet pass by Enright. He’s definitely a smart player.

Despite playing well, Tomasino was completely gassed throughout most of that game. He was hunched over trying to catch his breath just as often as he was upright.

Bpsportsniagara reported:
<> Landon Cato was ill.
<> Christian Sbaraglia left with a suspected leg cramp.

However, Sbaraglia appeared to injure and favour his right knee a few minutes before he came out of the game. I hope it was a leg cramp and not something more serious.

If they can continue to improve and develop over the course of this season, Uberti and DeSimone will get themselves on some NHL draft lists as mid to late round picks.

I wish his name was (03) Zachary, but do I like (01) Dakota Betts’ all-round game. Great find by JB!

IceDogs top Wolves in opener
By Bill Potrecz
- September 19, 2019
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/iced...ves-in-opener/

Last edited by Blacksox; 09-20-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

#2 - not to take anything away from Niagara’s win but two of the first theee goals scored were beer league goals and the fifth goal wasn’t much better ... it’s early but if Sudbury is to go anywhere this year they may need to shop at the Goalie Shop first ... Purdoo isn’t the answer.

#3 - I’m going to reserve negative comments on Icedog players until maybe mid November ... as I want to see them several times before I comment...not sure if I can wait that long

Strangely quiet in here after a season opening win ... has apathy spread from me to the rest of the fan base? Hope not!

I agree on your #2 some of those goals shouldn’t happen and they definitely aren’t going where they want to go with that goaltending (maybe it gets them a division title and second round but that’s it) as for your third point I’ll give the rookies a pass for most if not all of the season but Howard was WAY out of position on the second goal. As for it being quiet it’s not that strange it’s inky 1 game plus with the team having little to no expectations people probably won’t complain as much which means less posts

Last edited by dogs777; 09-20-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Our team is a very young team and the players will learn how to play in the OHL, one game at a time.
I was expecting a loss last night but, we ended up winners. Two points in the standings.
A win is a win. The score could have been even higher for us. the Tomasino penalty shoot for example and the two goal posts that I know of and on the one both posts were hit with the puck not going in.
Go Dogs Go! Tonight.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:24 PM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
A few additional take-aways to add to the Stroh Report…

Castleman defensive game is incredible. Any one of those teams looking to take a run at a title – should desperately try and pry him away from Niagara. He has matured into that perfect fit / player that contending teams need to win a championship.

GC Chanton’s 1 vs 1 defending was impressive. A good skater who plays the angles exceptionally well. I hope that is what we can expect game in game out from him.

Lost in that beauty of Tomasino’s first goal was a clever outlet pass by Enright. He’s definitely a smart player.

Despite playing well, Tomasino was completely gassed throughout most of that game. He was hunched over trying to catch his breath just as often as he was upright.

Bpsportsniagara reported:
<> Landon Cato was ill.
<> Christian Sbaraglia left with a suspected leg cramp.

However, Sbaraglia appeared to injure and favour his right knee a few minutes before he came out of the game. I hope it was a leg cramp and not something more serious.

If they can continue to improve and develop over the course of this season, Uberti and DeSimone will get themselves on some NHL draft lists as mid to late round picks.

I wish his name was (03) Zachary, but do I like (01) Dakota Betts’ all-round game. Great find by JB!

IceDogs top Wolves in opener
By Bill Potrecz
- September 19, 2019
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/iced...ves-in-opener/

yes agree I also like the way Betts played. ..Howard was having hard time clearing puck out of our end
Old 09-20-2019, 08:58 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't expecting a win but was glad. We had a bit of everything that game with the power play goals, penalty shot, both highlight goals and garbage goals. I joked with my wife and son that Thomassino was very selfish last night especially on that last empty meet goal. All he had to to do was take one more stride (2 sec.) before he shot it in the net and we could have had a free cheeseburger. Oh..I guess I'm the one who was selfish.
Closed Thread