Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,623,988   Msgs Posted: 129,909   Thread Views: 26,831,486   Online Now: 97
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,223 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default Interesting rumour....

Steve Kouleas tweet from an hour ago....

Sources have told @SiriusXMNHL
That a group made up of
Steve Ludzik Rick Dudley and
Chuck McShane @mcshane_chuck are putting plans together to buy the @OHLIceDogs Niagara Ice Dogs
Of the OHL...
@MattBarnaby3636 🇨🇦🇺🇸🏒
#ohlplayoffs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,087 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Ludzy has that kind of cake ? Even Dudley too ? Never heard of the other guy ...

Interesting ...

I would guess the Burke’s might have a sour taste in their mouth with the OHL after today’s news hit the wire.

Let’s hope no deal is conditional on the new owners retaining the double headed Burke monster at gm and coach lmfao. Although they could probably negotiate a discount to the price if they agreed to handicap their team like that for a few years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Never heard of the other guy ...
a local crap wannabe politician
Old 05-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,087 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I am torn by this rumour

The Burke’s have been great owners on the business side...but clearly
I’ve had enough of JB and BB running the show

If the Burke’s sell that means JB and BB are gone too

Guess it would depend who the new ownership would be ... not sure I would want the Burke’s out of the ownership suite ... despite the stories circulating today.

I can’t imagine Ludzik / Dudley / The other u known guy would have $13 to $15M laying around to buy the team... and if they have to finance it well that pretty much eats up A LOT of the profit ...

Too bad greed ruins a lot of things ... the Burke’s lost a lot of perceived goodwill over this whole Zach Wilkie debacle ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 11:28 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered when we would start to hear rumours of buyers wanting to ‘buy low’ on the IceDogs.. Bill and Denise Burke’s ownership: 5 out of 10 ‘stars’.
Burke Boys’ management of team: 4 out of 10.
Too harsh?
Old 05-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,190 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Just to keep the rumor mill going, I was just on the Boards site and looking at the Niagara thread.
The last post was interesting to read. Not sure how credible the poster is and decided not to cut and paste it here.
Many more knowledgeable members here could look into it.
I had not heard that rumor before.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:01 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Just to keep the rumor mill going, I was just on the Boards site and looking at the Niagara thread.
The last post was interesting to read. Not sure how credible the poster is and decided not to cut and paste it here.
Those are old rumours. When Marty left, that was the reason. When only one Burke is in their box, that was the reason. When the Burke's hug the players but not each other, that's the reason.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:19 AM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

The Dogs are not for sale and have not been sold.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Do you a link to the site you're talking about?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,190 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Do you a link to the site you're talking about?
No, I don't have a link
It is on the HB Boards chat site, Niagara Ice Dogs thread.
Closed Thread