Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,623,981   Msgs Posted: 129,909   Thread Views: 26,831,105   Online Now: 114
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,087 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Ya, like I said.

Our D is looking ok. In fact, quite promising.

I don't think saying that makes me a koolaid drinking homer either Mr. Stohs.

Wee bit optimistic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,586 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Wee bit optimistic lol

DE104 wrote the D looks ok based on the season possibly opening with Paquette, Hunter, Roberts, Howard, Enright and Cato as the starting 6.

Explain why you think he is being a wee bit optimistic calling it “ok”?

Last edited by Blacksox; 05-04-2019 at 06:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 07:17 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
DE104 wrote the D looks ok based on the season possibly opening with Paquette, Hunter, Roberts, Howard, Enright and Cato as the starting 6.

Lol...this should be good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 09:28 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

OMG

Old 05-04-2019, 09:32 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
OMG

That is not an answer.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
That is not an answer.

So 1/6 of the projected D is Howard who IMO is better as a fourth line forward than on defense ... kid isn’t the greatest skater and goes out of his way to make big hits ... I’ll take him as a fourth line forward who doesn’t play a tonne I’m fine with that ... but as part of six d who is going to see more icetime than a fourth line forward ... that spells trouble.

1/3 of the projected D are two rookies ... highly touted by the Burke boys at their kool-aid stand which some drink from regularly here ... they haven’t even laced up their skates in training camp yet and yet some on here seem to think they will be ‘ok’ OHL d ... they may very well be ... but to say such without ever seeing them in game action is quite the statement to make. There will be growing pains from both of them ... I’m fine with that ... but don’t expect all 16 yo rookie d to be like Lleyton More ... he was an exception to the rule. And don’t forget especially early on in the season this past year the Dogs had enough depth on D to shelter More and put him in more favourable situations ... the two kids this year will be thrown to the fire as the Dogs won’t have that luxury this year.

Oh and add to the D concerns the fact that the two goalies will likely be inexperienced or not very good which will compound the amount of work the A’s will have to do in their own end.

Guess I haven’t bought the kool-aid

Old 05-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
So 1/6 of the projected D is Howard who IMO is better as a fourth line forward than on defense ... kid isn’t the greatest skater and goes out of his way to make big hits ... I’ll take him as a fourth line forward who doesn’t play a tonne I’m fine with that ... but as part of six d who is going to see more icetime than a fourth line forward ... that spells trouble.

1/3 of the projected D are two rookies ... highly touted by the Burke boys at their kool-aid stand which some drink from regularly here ... they haven’t even laced up their skates in training camp yet and yet some on here seem to think they will be ‘ok’ OHL d ... they may very well be ... but to say such without ever seeing them in game action is quite the statement to make. There will be growing pains from both of them ... I’m fine with that ... but don’t expect all 16 yo rookie d to be like Lleyton More ... he was an exception to the rule. And don’t forget especially early on in the season this past year the Dogs had enough depth on D to shelter More and put him in more favourable situations ... the two kids this year will be thrown to the fire as the Dogs won’t have that luxury this year.

Oh and add to the D concerns the fact that the two goalies will likely be inexperienced or not very good which will compound the amount of work the A’s will have to do in their own end.

Guess I haven’t bought the kool-aid

I agree every year brings some element of un-certainty, however, to call a defence core with Paquette, Hunter, Roberts, Howard, Enright and Cato - at the very very least “ok” is just being negative for the sake of remaining consistent with your persona.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,872 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I agree every year brings some element of un-certainty, however, to call a defence core with Paquette, Hunter, Roberts, Howard, Enright and Cato - at the very very least “ok” is just being negative for the sake of remaining consistent with your persona.
I am left wondering two things:
1) How many of those players will we keep?
2) When did strohs get a persona?
Old 05-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I am left wondering two things:
1) How many of those players will we keep?
2) When did strohs get a persona?
With the import draft and possible trades, we won’t know until September, but at this time it remains a possibility that those 6 could be together to start the season. We’ll have to wait and see what transpires over the next 4 months.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,190 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Speaking for myself, I am looking foward to next season and the suspense it will bring.
Any older players with value will be moved around Christmas time to restock the cupboard.
I am hoping that Sopa returns and that a new import player can be added in June.
We have lots of options with goalies. Worst case scenario is the McGrath gets the number 1 job until the rookie pushes him aside.

Some people will disagree with me and I am good with that, If I am wrong at the end of the day, I am still good with that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: