Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,623,730   Msgs Posted: 129,905   Thread Views: 26,808,351   Online Now: 116
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Will the Ice Dogs Make the Playoffs in the 19/20 Season
Yes! 22 68.75%
No 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2019, 10:02 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
What is your definition of ‘completely bottom out’?

Ie finish last place? Than I would say no, not all championship teams need to finish 20th overall in order to rebuild in two or three years.

If you mean, not be a serious contender for a couple years in order to rebuild than yes, 19 teams in this league go through this cycle ... build build build peak then retool and reload ...

There are some teams who can be serious contenders say two years in a row but that’s pretty rare ... SSM has a really good team this year but I’m not sure they were really a serious contender to win it all this year

So the Icedogs don’t need to bottom out and finish twentieth for a successful rebuild ... but it sure wold help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Won't happen, if they start to slide past 8th in the East they will buy players.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:04 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,585 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

The perfect scenario? Finish ahead of Kingston and one other team – make the playoffs and still end up with the 5th overall pick. Trade Thomas and Paquette at the trade deadline for a 1st rd 03 and a collection of picks.

In 2017, the IceDogs managed to do something similar with a lot less. Dhillon, like Sbaraglia, were mostly spectators their first two seasons of junior hockey.

The D was anchored by one returning bottom pairing dman (Mantha) and a 4th line winger (Lochead). This year’s backend could possibly return 3 quality OHL defenseman (Paquette, Hunter and Roberts) along with 3 promising young players (Enright, Cato and Chanton) – add Howard and Betts to that depth.

Returning upfront, the IceDogs’ best forwards were two under achievers: G.Knott and C.Paquette. Knott traded early (November) and Paquette at the deadline. That left the IceDogs with a pair of unproven 2nd year players Ben Jones and K.Maksimov to lead the team offensively. This year, the IceDogs two best forwards are legit OHL stars (A.Thomas and P.Tomasino). One will be traded, one will not – and the return on Thomas could be the next Strome or Perlini. Tomasino will be joined by 2nd year players Uberti and DeSimone, along with Sopa, Castleman and Bruder.

IceDogs managed to squeeze into the playoff in 2017 (with less), they can probably squeeze into the playoffs in 2020 (with more).

But, trading of A.Thomas and J.Paquette should be considered the most important part by IceDogs!

Last edited by Blacksox; 09-03-2019 at 08:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,189 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I keep wondering if we on this site are undervaluing Dakota Betts.
He was afterall,, Kitchener's 1st round pick in 2018.
I really like what I have seen so far.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,202 Times in 1,585 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I keep wondering if we on this site are undervaluing Dakota Betts.
He was afterall,, Kitchener's 1st round pick in 2018.
I really like what I have seen so far.
RSJ, I like Dakota Betts too. He can definitely play in the OHL.

When I first saw him (listed as Zachary), I thought how could this 03 go undrafted. Betts would have been a real find if he was an 03 instead of an 01. He could still develop into a solid OHL player, but probably now considered a late bloomer since he was passed over in the 2017 OHL Priority draft. Betts was a 1st round pick in the U18 Draft in 2018.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly, there was not a massive line up when the doors opened for the ticket pick up. Compared to past years.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,189 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

We were in St. Catharines this morning so, we contacted Brianne and asked her to put our booklets aside for us and we picked them up from her. Brianne is awesome!!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,087 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

What is the giveaway this year?

Old 09-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is the giveaway this year?

A Billy Burke Bobblehead
Old 09-10-2019, 09:47 PM

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,872 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
What is the giveaway this year
Left over license plate holders from previous years.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,087 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Left over license plate holders from previous years.

Guess cash is tight due to the fine