Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,621,865   Msgs Posted: 129,715   Thread Views: 26,711,472   Online Now: 108
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:09 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of
Default Goal Annoucements

Perhaps itís just me but I hate the way the IceDogs goals are being announced at the games. Only saying the players first name is really unprofessional. I realize the idea is to have the fans shout out the last name of the player but aside from a handful of people, I donít see that happening.

As well a number of people were confused as to why the names were not being announced. After the first time my friend thought the Mic cut out and I heard someone else say that he thought the PA announcer was having problems with the last names of the players.

I guess in theory itís a cool idea but just comes across as unprofessional.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:29 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Perhaps itís just me but I hate the way the IceDogs goals are being announced at the games. Only saying the players first name is really unprofessional. I realize the idea is to have the fans shout out the last name of the player but aside from a handful of people, I donít see that happening.

As well a number of people were confused as to why the names were not being announced. After the first time my friend thought the Mic cut out and I heard someone else say that he thought the PA announcer was having problems with the last names of the players.

I donít see how itís unprofessional? I like the idea if the crowd actually gets involved honestly Iíd find more ways to get the fans doing stuff cause I find it almost dead in the arena on most nights
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 06:42 AM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post

I like it. May take a while for the fans to catch on, not unlike the who cares chant.
The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a cool idea The Dogs released a memo about this before the season started. 5 or 6 initiatives they were going to try to get the crowd more engaged. Myself, I would have done this to start the playoffs, when everybody’s going to be in a bit more of a celebratory mood. Plus, by then, we’ll know the players’ names
I get what you’re saying though: it’s new, no one’s done this before. That first goal being met with ‘..scored by #71, ___ ____ ‘ was like dunking your head in cold water after a hot shower. Kinda jarring. However I give the Dogs’ in-game presentation staff credit for trying new stuff.
GDG
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets give this some time. To me it seems like the kinda thing that might catch on.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:49 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,186 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Lets give this some time. To me it seems like the kinda thing that might catch on.
If this new agenda means the end (some day) of the "Who Cares!!"; then, I am all in.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
If this new agenda means the end (some day) of the "Who Cares!!"; then, I am all in.
Unfortunately I donít think thatíll ever end
Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,106 Times in 757 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

When I visited relatives in England last month went to a soccer match when the home team scored the fans chatted the player name after the announcer said the number I found it very similar may take awhile for the fans to catch on.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to beholdckg927 is a splendid one to behold

Haven't heard this myself, so I'll refrain from commenting. But I WILL say that here in Buffalo, the NLL's Bandits have done something similar for quite a few players past(most notably John Tavares(not the one that plays for the Leafs)and Ryan Benesch)and present(Josh Byrne).
Old 09-26-2019, 10:46 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,106 Times in 757 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Fans seem more into it tonight especially the shortie goal by Howard