Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,183,805   Msgs Posted: 120,979   Thread Views: 21,229,252   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Completely agree with your assessment of the IceDogs PP. You would think that 5 very talented OHL players could be more effective on zone entry and puck movement to create high quality chances.

Last night, the PP with 7 minutes left in the game - was frustrating to watch!!! Puck possession, at least 3 or 4 good chance to shoot, but not a single shot taken! That was their chance to win the game.
And therein lies the problem of this team... 5 individually, very talented, OHL players...

This is a team of individuals, for the most part, who are looking for highlight reel plays...

Hockey at it's core is an easy, team based game. You throw the puck at the net, and look for the dirty goals, highlight reel stuff comes on it's own. This is a bunch of very young boys, trying to look good...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,084 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Didn't like much about the IceDogs last night (including some very suspect line changes), but I LOVED this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDlc2wchqM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:00 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Well, that not really surprising is it? This site has a long history of going almost completely silent when the Ice Dogs are winning and gets lite up when they lose a few games.

IceDogs were beat by a better team last night and Ottawa looked like the favourites to win the east.

So what if the next time, the IceDogs outplay and beat Ottawa - are the IceDogs then the favourites to win the East?
No its not surprising but i figured people would eventually realize (especially because Niagara has some of the smartest fans according to some) that its still REALLY early. Absolutely Ottawa was the better team last night no question about it but I dont know if they (like Sudbury) can keep it up personally i see them finishing 3rd or 4th this year. Yes the dogs would probably be favourites if they beat Ottawa next time
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Didn't like much about the IceDogs last night (including some very suspect line changes), but I LOVED this...

I loved this but hated it at the same time love him sticking up for a teammate and seeing fights in general but didnt like it because I knew the instigator penalty was coming and wed lose the PP we wouldve gotten and he had to sit for 2,5,10
Old 10-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with "Start how you intend to finish" lol
Old 10-19-2018, 02:07 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
And therein lies the problem of this team... 5 individually, very talented, OHL players...

This is a team of individuals, for the most part, who are looking for highlight reel plays...

Hockey at it's core is an easy, team based game. You throw the puck at the net, and look for the dirty goals, highlight reel stuff comes on it's own. This is a bunch of very young boys, trying to look good...
Last year, they were a young team that relied on their talent and work ethic to avoid getting embarrassed. By the end of the year, they were one of the better teams in OHL.

This year, the IceDogs are older, more talented but have allowed some of the teams to outwork them. As a team, and not as individuals, they need to get back to playing scared again!

When they re-discovery that “Eye of the Tiger”, the IceDogs will be a very difficult team to beat every single night!!!

A few word of inspiration from Apollo Creed

Look, man, when you beat me, I hurt all over… so don’t back off now. Make it right for yourself or you’ll be sorry you didn’t.
You lost that fight for all the wrong reasons. You lost your edge… the truth is you didn’t look hungry.

You had that eye of the tiger, man, the edge. And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?

Last edited by Blacksox; 10-19-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:16 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Old school hockey!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:17 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Old school hockey!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,414 Times in 863 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

All that has been written above, we pretty much agree with.

Now, having said that, The buck stops at the Head Coach. it is his responsibility to bring them together as a team.That is his main duty,,,,,, not,,, speaking to the press afterwards and stating that he was happy about what he saw in the game.

I for one, and sick of hearing him say that, We all watch the game and I am not sure that he sees the same game as us.

Or maybe, the pre-game coffees on the bench blurs their visions. Oops. sorry for bringing that back up..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
No its not surprising but i figured people would eventually realize (especially because Niagara has some of the smartest fans according to some) that its still REALLY early. Absolutely Ottawa was the better team last night no question about it but I dont know if they (like Sudbury) can keep it up personally i see them finishing 3rd or 4th this year. Yes the dogs would probably be favourites if they beat Ottawa next time
Agree 100%, but it was game 11, tell me that on game 68 and well have reason to be concerned heading into the playoffs!