Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,183,267   Msgs Posted: 120,979   Thread Views: 21,221,791   Online Now: 85
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently none of our Noncoaching staff know how to fix a powerplay...it is absolutely ridiculous. ...think of how much better it could be with a real coach lol
Old 10-21-2018, 06:10 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, they have a coach; is it Akil Thomas? Ben Jones?
Old 10-21-2018, 10:44 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Probably why Maletta left...he most likely wanted to go somewhere he could actually learn about coaching.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Apparently none of our Noncoaching staff know how to fix a powerplay...it is absolutely ridiculous. ...think of how much better it could be with a real coach lol
Nothing needs to be “fixed” by the coaches on the 7th best PP in the league the players need to spot over passing on both units and realize when they have a lane to shoot the puck oh and when they do pass hit the stick don’t throw it in the guys feet. People put way too much on coaches
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Probably why Maletta left...he most likely wanted to go somewhere he could actually learn about coaching.
Are you assuming Jordan left or do you know that for a fact?
Old 10-21-2018, 11:22 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,414 Times in 863 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

People put way too much on coaches ???????

Well...... Now, you have peaked my curiosity.

Speaking for myself, I played the game and spent another over 20 years inside those benches and dressing rooms.
There must be something new in the game that I missed somewhere down the road.
My fellow member, it's all about coaching because if the players rule the room, the party is over.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 10-22-2018 at 06:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 11:30 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
People put way too much on coaches ???????

Well...... Now, you have peaked my curiosity.

Speaking for myself, I played the game and spent another over 20 years inside those benches and dressing rooms.
There must be something new in the game that I missed somewhere down the road.
My man, it's all about coaching because if the players rule the room, the party is over.
What I mean by that is people comment about the coaches when it comes to certain things that IMO they can’t do much about coaches can’t make the perfect pass for the players or receive the passes for them (which is probably the biggest problem on the power play for us) and they shouldn’t have to explain what’s a good shooting situation to a veteran team... coaches are very important to the younger players in this league and any other but if you are an older more experienced guy you shouldn’t need the coaches to help you with basics
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 02:31 AM

Thanked 2,759 Times in 1,508 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
. coaches are very important to the younger players in this league and any other but if you are an older more experienced guy you shouldn’t need the coaches to help you with basics
So then I guess by the time players reach the NHL they are old enough and experienced enough that they really don't even need a coach. I knew that was a made up position!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 02:48 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
And he barely sees any power play time ....

After the five man forward PP chews up 1 minute forty seconds on basically every PP

ID really like to see BC added to the number one PP and drop a forward ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
…. I'd like to see Billy C given the chance on the number 1 Powerplay unit this year as well.
…........He's definitely going to be racking up a lot of points on the PP over the next couple years.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:13 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
So then I guess by the time players reach the NHL they are old enough and experienced enough that they really don't even need a coach. I knew that was a made up position!
Rookies/younger players in the NHL are the same as jr. players once you learn those systems and step on the ice your coaches can’t effect things as much as fans think they are just easy fall guys cause you can’t fire players