Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,183,805   Msgs Posted: 120,979   Thread Views: 21,229,252   Online Now: 76
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,084 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Speaking of extreme, how do you go from "may" to "indisputably" in one leap?

I stand by my post. The management of the IceDogs must evaluate the team before any further additions, the impact of additions they can afford, and the comparative strength and purchasing power of any rival.
To clarify, I quoted your post, but didn’t necessarily mean you specifically . My reference was to IceDog fans in general who have written them off so soon - when history has shown no reason to do so, in fact quite the opposite. However, fans are absolutely entitled to their opinions, I was simply presenting another side of the argument .
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2018, 11:25 AM
4th Line

Paws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nicePaws and Reflect is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I want a Championship before I'm dead...im just afraid that our interpretation of going for it is to win a round or two in the playoffs
Im not sure of your age Chipperdog, but I think we have a chance for sure of a championship banner. This will be accomplished some time down the road when Niagara's premier showcase arena wins the bid to host a Memorial Cup and our boys get a home team automatic bid. Go Dogs Go !!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, the whole reason I posted the news about Fomenton and Bouchard was to generate conversation. Mission accomplished.
I think the Dogs will need depth upgrades throughout the lineup in order to seriously compete with the other top teams in the OHL, such as London. Yes, it’s early, but others have identified here that we know how this story goes. Niagara does what they do, good team, upgrades at the deadline to become level with the other contenders, as usually do teams like the Soo and _______(fill with OS, Missy, Ottawa, Hamilton, whoever happens to be the team making a run that year), Niagara makes the playoffs, wins round 1, maybe a 2nd, then gets knocked off.
I think what others have expressed here is, similar to that T-shirt slogan from a while back, not ‘Why Not Us?’, but When is it Our Turn?
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,084 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Just to clarify, the whole reason I posted the news about Fomenton and Bouchard was to generate conversation. Mission accomplished.
I think the Dogs will need depth upgrades throughout the lineup in order to seriously compete with the other top teams in the OHL, such as London. Yes, it’s early, but others have identified here that we know how this story goes. Niagara does what they do, good team, upgrades at the deadline to become level with the other contenders, as usually do teams like the Soo and _______(fill with OS, Missy, Ottawa, Hamilton, whoever happens to be the team making a run that year), Niagara makes the playoffs, wins round 1, maybe a 2nd, then gets knocked off.
I think what others have expressed here is, similar to that T-shirt slogan from a while back, not ‘Why Not Us?’, but When is it Our Turn?
Not sure if I’m reading your post accurately, but in the two previous “go for it” years, the IceDogs did make trades to setup those teams to try and win – both made it to the OHL finals.

2012 (OHL Season)
The Ice Dogs traded for Brock Beukeboom (2011), Jamie Oleksiak (2012), Tom Kuhnhackl (2012), Brett Ritchie (2012)

2016 (OHL Season)
The Ice Dogs traded for Ho Sang (2015), Mantha (2015), Jenys (2016), Wesley (2016), Nedeljkovic (2016), Harper (2016).

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,414 Times in 863 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Not sure if I’m reading your post accurately, but in the two previous “go for it” years, the IceDogs did make trades to setup those teams to try and win – both made it to the OHL finals.

2012 (OHL Season)
The Ice Dogs traded for Brock Beukeboom (2011), Jamie Oleksiak (2012), Tom Kuhnhackl (2012), Brett Ritchie (2012)

2016 (OHL Season)
The Ice Dogs traded for Ho Sang (2015), Mantha (2015), Jenys (2016), Wesley (2016), Nedeljkovic (2016), Harper (2016).

Thank you Blacksox for gathering the above information..

I still believe that Joey will bring in two or maybe 3 impact players prior to the deadline when their targeted players become available.

In the past years above, I do not believe that we lost too many players going the other way but, this time around, we may lose one of two players, unfortunately.

Coach Billy did catch my attention the other day when he stated that our team needs to develop a killer instinct that they do not currently have.
In other words, he stated that when they have a team down, they are not willing to finish them off.

I agreed with him a whole bunch of percentage points ( the 100% saying is getting old for me LOL)
Old 11-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

A teams personality and attitude is influenced by their coach isn't it? Any thoughts?
Old 11-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
A teams personality and attitude is influenced by their coach isn't it? Any thoughts?
I agree.
A coach with good skills can guide his or her players in the direction they feel the team needs. The coach can crank them up and or settle them down.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think a team’s personality is influenced more by the influential players on the team; the captain and assistants. The coach instructs them in the systems he wants used, but it’s the team’s leadership. The younger players follow the veterans. This is why it’s so important who you name as captain.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Big League

I agree with you dogged74.
The coach motivates the team to be nasty and hard play against, or be easy to play against. The coach instills that message through the team leaders..
Old 11-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Rookie

webegtodiffer is absolutely hated by otherswebegtodiffer is absolutely hated by otherswebegtodiffer is absolutely hated by others

Ottawa the cream of the crop in the O this season. Tonnes of picks available to add depth.
The Following User Says Thank You to webegtodiffer For This Useful Post: