Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,337    Downloads: 885,296   Msgs Posted: 117,498   Thread Views: 18,156,693   Online Now: 116
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 PM

Thanked 2,567 Times in 1,402 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

In years past certain players had their own theme song (remember Evenflow by Pearl Jame every time Friesen scored? "Freeeeezen...")
Old 01-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
This has nothing to do with Fourgrounds but someone is listening - there were staff members in grey uniforms out before the game checking seats and wiping up the occasional scuff. Bravo!

I see staff members wiping the seats before every game... I also see people 5 minutes later stepping on said seats
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2015, 11:15 PM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

I've loved what fourgrounds has done so far at the Meridian Centre. Good job guys.

One complaint, however, and im not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I absolutely can not stand when you guys play the big 'GO DOGS GO' video while the game is being played. When I watch hockey, I dont want to hear music or that super loud repeating drum or bass sound while the game is being played. This isnt basketball. I realize sometimes you start it and they quickly drop the puck, but isnt there a button to turn it off immediately? Most of the time you let it run on for like 10-15 seconds.

Other than that, like i said, good job guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 09:05 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,345 Times in 958 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I've loved what fourgrounds has done so far at the Meridian Centre. Good job guys.

One complaint, however, and im not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I absolutely can not stand when you guys play the big 'GO DOGS GO' video while the game is being played. When I watch hockey, I dont want to hear music or that super loud repeating drum or bass sound while the game is being played. This isnt basketball. I realize sometimes you start it and they quickly drop the puck, but isnt there a button to turn it off immediately? Most of the time you let it run on for like 10-15 seconds.

I'm surprised the league hasn't said anything about it yet. Music and piped noise over the speaker system other than announcements during play is usually a pretty big no no.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:34 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I'm surprised the league hasn't said anything about it yet. Music and piped noise over the speaker system other than announcements during play is usually a pretty big no no.
That's true, once the puck drops the organ and effects/music are supposed to cease. I can see a losing team complaining eventually...
Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post

I love it when they play the go dogs go!!!
Trying to get the crowd into it and chant go dogs go or even clap.
The players love to hear us, even when play is going on.
If they didn't play the video, you could hear a pin drop in the rink it would be so dam quiet!!!!
I'm at a sporting event and want noisy, cheering fans to cheer your team rather than a funeral

Last edited by maddog; 01-26-2015 at 11:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 10:42 AM

There is nothing stopping Fourgrounds from putting stuff up on the video screen, or getting the crowd amped during a stoppage and killing their feed when play resumes.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I think the GO DOS GO chant has to be done during play.That's the whole point of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 11:21 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There is nothing stopping Fourgrounds from putting stuff up on the video screen, or getting the crowd amped during a stoppage and killing their feed when play resumes.
I can't believe we are even discussing this!!
Our dogs want to hear noise, chanting, clapping, etc. DURING PLAY and" go dogs go" is just that!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

I'm not saying you can't put up the video during the play, just don't play the sound to it