Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,331   Msgs Posted: 118,224   Thread Views: 19,243,833   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Game Media

fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I've loved what fourgrounds has done so far at the Meridian Centre. Good job guys.
One complaint, however, and im not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I absolutely can not stand when you guys play the big 'GO DOGS GO' video while the game is being played. When I watch hockey, I dont want to hear music or that super loud repeating drum or bass sound while the game is being played. This isnt basketball. I realize sometimes you start it and they quickly drop the puck, but isnt there a button to turn it off immediately? Most of the time you let it run on for like 10-15 seconds.

Other than that, like i said, good job guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I'm surprised the league hasn't said anything about it yet. Music and piped noise over the speaker system other than announcements during play is usually a pretty big no no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
That's true, once the puck drops the organ and effects/music are supposed to cease. I can see a losing team complaining eventually...
Thanks for the compliments. No one from the OHL has complained yet about a few reps of GO DOGS GO into play. We try to cut the chant as soon as we can without only playing it for a couple seconds as that is also jarring, however we have noticed both with noise meters, get loud etc etc. the area silences immediately after we take it down. Cheers and chants simply do not linger, which is disappointing.

Recently we have been experimenting with a silent GO DOGS GO graphic just trying get a cheer going without the organ and drum but the crowd will not get into it. Not sure if this has to do with the team this year or the bigger arena, but currently the Niagara audience is almost silent unless we make an effort to get them making noise. Over the next few games we will try muting the sound after play starts and leave the graphic up to see if the fans will continue it.

We have a mandate from the Burkes and the organization to try and get the fans "loud and proud" for the players, so perhaps some of you fans on here can help us out by getting chants and cheers going without our prompt. We have yet to hear a Go Dogs Go chant with any magnitude occur organically this season.

So while we are happy to receive criticism and feedback from all of you, I challenge this community, as ambassadors for the team, to get loud and make noise so we don't have to hassle you as much via the video board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I love it when they play the go dogs go!!!
Trying to get the crowd into it and chant go dogs go or even clap.
The players love to hear us, even when play is going on.
If they didn't play the video, you could hear a pin drop in the rink it would be so dam quiet!!!!
I'm at a sporting event and want noisy, cheering fans to cheer your team rather than a funeral
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
I think the GO DOS GO chant has to be done during play.That's the whole point of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I can't believe we are even discussing this!!
Our dogs want to hear noise, chanting, clapping, etc. DURING PLAY and" go dogs go" is just that!!!
All true. Thanks. This issue always seems to be 50/50 some love it some hate it.

Quote:
I'm not saying you can't put up the video during the play, just don't play the sound to it
Thanks. Will try it out, but the cheering is on you.

Last edited by fourgrounds; 01-26-2015 at 12:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fourgrounds For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not saying you can't put up the video during the play, just don't play the sound to it
They tried that...and because the arena is so big, you could hardly here the fans chatting or clapping go dogs go
Therefore, that extra drum sound boost on video is needed to give our house that extra umphhhh
Old 01-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

I think the lack of noise is a function of 2 things...

1. We're Canadians... We're not a noisy people by nature...
2. We're watching hockey in a gigantic cave that has no sound retention capabilities...

Like seriously, not one person looked at the design of the MC, and said... "Huh... This design will not preserve crowd noise at all..." I mean really people, you design a bowl, then give it a huge dome over top, it's not going to help. So we have to make 3 - 4 times more noise, to have half the sound of 'The Jack'... Yes we're putting more people in, but, we're still losing so much sound to the roof... Wait until we start putting banners up, they absorb sound too... So... Yeah...

It's not like there is anything much that can bed done except getting louder, though I don't believe many of us could be prouder of our team, our city or our Canadian Heritage.

What about that drum-line that was at a few games last year? They kinda amped things up a bit. Was really nice to have, and gave us a break from the organ, and loudspeaker. Kinda broke it up a bit. Made it different. Not that I don't love the idea of cheerleaders for a hockey game ( yes, sarcasm ), but I'd rather have a drum line or something like that... I don't find the cheerleaders bring that much to the game, they don't really pump the crowd up, they do a short dance routine and follow Laura-Leigh around. I know some people love having them at games, but, if I were to be honest, I don't see a purpose to them.

I would hate if anyone felt my comments here are negative, especially about the cheerleaders, I get that they can only do what they can do, and that there are fans who love them. But I, personally, just think there are better ways to pump up a crowd, and create noise, and I think that the Drum-line does a better job at entertaining people, and building noise.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=AuldBone;83721]I think the lack of noise is a function of 2 things...

2. We're watching hockey in a gigantic cave that has no sound retention capabilities...

Like seriously, not one person looked at the design of the MC, and said... "Huh... This design will not preserve crowd noise at all..." I mean really people, you design a bowl, then give it a huge dome over top, it's not going to help.

Like our friend Ken Noakes said "this place wasn't built for hockey"
Old 01-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I think the lack of noise is a function of 2 things...

Like seriously, not one person looked at the design of the MC, and said... "Huh... This design will not preserve crowd noise at all..." I mean really people, you design a bowl, then give it a huge dome over top, it's not going to help. So we have to make 3 - 4 times more noise, to have half the sound of 'The Jack'... Yes we're putting more people in, but, we're still losing so much sound to the roof... Wait until we start putting banners up, they absorb sound too... So... Yeah...

It's not like there is anything much that can bed done except getting louder, though I don't believe many of us could be prouder of our team, our city or our Canadian Heritage.

What about that drum-line that was at a few games last year? They kinda amped things up a bit. Was really nice to have, and gave us a break from the organ, and loudspeaker. Kinda broke it up a bit. Made it different. Not that I don't love the idea of cheerleaders for a hockey game ( yes, sarcasm ), but I'd rather have a drum line or something like that... I don't find the cheerleaders bring that much to the game, they don't really pump the crowd up, they do a short dance routine and follow Laura-Leigh around. I know some people love having them at games, but, if I were to be honest, I don't see a purpose to them.

I would hate if anyone felt my comments here are negative, especially about the cheerleaders, I get that they can only do what they can do, and that there are fans who love them. But I, personally, just think there are better ways to pump up a crowd, and create noise, and I think that the Drum-line does a better job at entertaining people, and building noise.

Ok so maybe that does sound a bit negative... I went back and reread it, and I felt that perhaps I was a bit harsh on the cheerleading idea at hockey games, sarcasm isn't always warranted ( but I seem to spew it regardless ). But rather than delete it, I thought... Let's salvage it with constructive ideas, coated in... Yup, you guessed it... Sarcasm... But not mean sarcasm...

So yes, people love seeing cheerleaders, some people, I don't happen to be one of them, but I'm a traditionalist. I don't believe that we NEED cheerleaders at a hockey game. And this thread is about Fourgrounds... So... If people love the cheerleaders, and we make a supposition that they actually have an effect on the crowd. Then we need to utilize them more. Get them out of their little pit, where very few people can see them, and get them on camera more, or in the crowd more. How about they... Wait for it... Lead some cheers... I'm actually being serious under the sarcasm here is a seed of an idea... If we have a cheerleading / dance team / whatever they want to call themselves. Lets have them doing something other than swaying back and forth in their little cement cage. Get them out amongst the people, get the kids screaming, and jumping and get some of the stodgy old men ( like me ) showing some excitement. I will readily admit that during the game I find myself very focused and attentive to the on ice stuff. So let's have people at least making an effort to get people up and out of their seats.

Do you know what my 'take away' from the Prospects game was? Cheerleaders in a concrete cage do nothing for amping a crowd up... Did you see the guy with the BMO T-shirts? Dude had 2 sections at a time, up and loud, even I was not immune to his energy. There were times the whole arena seemed rocking because of him. And do you know how many times I get amped up by the energy of our cheer squad, when Laura-Leigh comes to my area to do the hockey hall of fame give away to a kid in the row behind me.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I notice that the crowd has been more into the game lately and there has been some Go Dogs go chants without prompting. I do not mind the cheer leaders makes us a bit different than other teams.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I notice that the crowd has been more into the game lately and there has been some Go Dogs go chants without prompting. I do not mind the cheer leaders makes us a bit different than other teams.
But is that 'different' a good different? or just a different for the sake of being different.

Honestly I have nothing negative to say about the girls. I just think that cheerleaders should, you know, lead cheers... It's more of a dance team, and what good does that really do if they aren't shown, or they don't get out of their little cage..
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2015, 01:49 PM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

Thanks for the response Fourgrounds.

One quick thing, I love the ric flair woo picture after the Dogs score lol. Dont change that
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:

One quick thing, I love the ric flair woo picture after the Dogs score lol. Dont change that
Yes... For the love of god, do not change the Woooo!!! Although as a fan of Ric Flair, I'd love if you could find a couple of different Wooo!!!s and change it up once in a while... lol... Hearing the same one too many times in a game I find takes away some of it's impact, and fewer people bother to 'sing a long'...
Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Game Media

fourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud offourgrounds has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
But is that 'different' a good different? or just a different for the sake of being different.

Honestly I have nothing negative to say about the girls. I just think that cheerleaders should, you know, lead cheers... It's more of a dance team, and what good does that really do if they aren't shown, or they don't get out of their little cage..
We 100% agree, we actually had a talk with the game day staff post prospects re: Ice Girls and Bones getting more involved and trying to amp up the crowd more. Cameron (The CHL pump up guy) was a prime example of what the Girls and bones should be doing at some point during as many whistles as possible. We are going to work on this and see what we can do.

Quote:

That graphic was made on a whim by our graphics guy, Rick and we loved it. Will not change.