Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,108,924   Msgs Posted: 120,054   Thread Views: 20,603,239   Online Now: 128
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,033 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Niagara has always been able to get top American's (Hayden, Seibenaler, Dhillon ) to name a few. Thought Mr MacLeod was going to get Norris but you can't win them all. It requires huge investment in scouting to get these players and everything points to the fact that Niagara is doing that with a dedicated Michigan scout
Which one of those is a “top” American? Nothing against any of those players, but I think we have very different ideas of what a “top” American is. Norris would fall into that category as would Logan Brown. I’ve said it before, until McLeod lands a big fish, all of the talking means nothing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,504 Times in 825 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Niagara has always been able to get top American's (Hayden, Seibenaler, Dhillon ) to name a few. Thought Mr MacLeod was going to get Norris but you can't win them all. It requires huge investment in scouting to get these players and everything points to the fact that Niagara is doing that with a dedicated Michigan scout

None of these kids were ‘top’ Americans ... they were American. I can’t remember any of them playing the NCAA card ... maybe Siebenaler didnbut he was a fifteenth rounder so I can’t imagine he was a ‘top’ American.

Niagara is top five in league attendance and has been in the playoffs for 11 years in a row and has sent many players on to the NHL ... and yet those who dangle the NCAA card don’t want to report here ..... I wonder why? 🤔

Off the top of my head here’s those who didn’t want to report

Lucas Lessio, Logan Brown, Phil Digisuppe (probably spelt wrong lol), Norris .... I’m sure there’s many others that I can’t think of without researching ......

Can anyone think of ‘top’ Americans who dangled the NCAA card who actually reported? I can’t .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 06:44 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
None of these kids were ‘top’ Americans ... they were American. I can’t remember any of them playing the NCAA card ... maybe Siebenaler didnbut he was a fifteenth rounder so I can’t imagine he was a ‘top’ American.

Niagara is top five in league attendance and has been in the playoffs for 11 years in a row and has sent many players on to the NHL ... and yet those who dangle the NCAA card don’t want to report here ..... I wonder why? 🤔

Off the top of my head here’s those who didn’t want to report

Lucas Lessio, Logan Brown, Phil Digisuppe (probably spelt wrong lol), Norris .... I’m sure there’s many others that I can’t think of without researching ......

Can anyone think of ‘top’ Americans who dangled the NCAA card who actually reported? I can’t .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can add Trent Fredrick to that list
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,033 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Adam Bateman
Old 04-22-2018, 08:26 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

And here is another example. Blatant "working" the draft. A Clarkson commit who fell to the 2nd round to Kitchener - and miraculously decided to sign with Kitchener.

https://twitter.com/PrioritySelect/s...00776190263296

http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/...-isaac-langdon

Really hard to compete when both Kitchener and London keep being able to do this. Cannot be ignored as not worth other teams taking a bet on these high end kids to avoid them going to these teams - to waste a pick. If the league really cared it would be easy to change the rules such that players have to declare that they are available to be in the OHL draft, and then if drafted they have to wait a period of time - or remain unavailable until the next draft, when they would have to declare again.

The scales will remain tipped until changes happen. The London article is the 1st time I have seen irrefutable evidence of how these agents and kids play the draft at the expense of fairness across the league. The London draftees are blatant about it - London or nowhere.

Niagara is a good place to play (facilities, opportunities, crowd) - but we have NEVER pulled in a top-class American. I doubt that will change - and without these high end kids getting to the Mem Cup will continue to be hard for us. We could now have Trent Frederic and Josh Norris on this team - what would that have done for our season? Admittedly Frederic and Norris stayed in the US, but if London had taken them instead of us, where would they be playing....?

I know this is not easy, but to read such blatant quotes from the London draftees is very damning and frustrating not just for us but for 18 other teams too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 08:29 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
I think you and I think on a different level re what "top-end Americans" mean.

Having the best scout in the OHL won't matter if you draft them and they don't report. You can draft a great American player for every pick - and have a tough year with nobody turn up. Finding them is one thing - getting them to pull on a jersey is a different matter.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 PM
1st Line

the dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other membersthe dog is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
And here is another example. Blatant "working" the draft. A Clarkson commit who fell to the 2nd round to Kitchener - and miraculously decided to sign with Kitchener.

https://twitter.com/PrioritySelect/s...00776190263296

http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/...-isaac-langdon

Really hard to compete when both Kitchener and London keep being able to do this. Cannot be ignored as not worth other teams taking a bet on these high end kids to avoid them going to these teams - to waste a pick. If the league really cared it would be easy to change the rules such that players have to declare that they are available to be in the OHL draft, and then if drafted they have to wait a period of time - or remain unavailable until the next draft, when they would have to declare again.

The scales will remain tipped until changes happen. The London article is the 1st time I have seen irrefutable evidence of how these agents and kids play the draft at the expense of fairness across the league. The London draftees are blatant about it - London or nowhere.

Niagara is a good place to play (facilities, opportunities, crowd) - but we have NEVER pulled in a top-class American. I doubt that will change - and without these high end kids getting to the Mem Cup will continue to be hard for us. We could now have Trent Frederic and Josh Norris on this team - what would that have done for our season? Admittedly Frederic and Norris stayed in the US, but if London had taken them instead of us, where would they be playing....?

I know this is not easy, but to read such blatant quotes from the London draftees is very damning and frustrating not just for us but for 18 other teams too.
kitchener also did it last year with Michael Vukojevic comit univ of mich rated #8 by the scout.ca.. picked in 2nd round then later on signed
Old 04-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post

Yup geez how could I forget about him lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 09:54 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Adam Bateman

Could see how I would forget about him he ended up being an OHL BUST but we made out very well drafting and trading him for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2018, 07:18 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,052 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Here are Matt and DJ's look at the possible line-up to start the season. Of course, a lot can change between now and opening day - and the trade deadline (including an OA rule change).
Someone to keep an eye on: Ryan Campbell.

As for the top 3 forwards lines, my early prediction based on who they have – and who they might bring in:

Import – Jones – Maksimov

OA – Thomas – Tomasino

Bruder – Johnson – Martin

*Bruder shots left and the dogs don’t have many who do.

DJ

Matt

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-27-2018 at 09:08 AM.