Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,189,008   Msgs Posted: 121,121   Thread Views: 21,339,803   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Well, Blacksox, I'm not talking about NHL goalies. I refer specifically to Brent Moran. You mention NHL goalies - there's a reason Moran's still here, and not the AHL, or NHL. It's time to put this team's depth in goal to the test.
No that is not what I meant - I can respect your opinion and desire to want an upgrade in goal. I am not really trying to change your mind. As I said previously, you in fact be right.

However, I just want to clarify my point.

My referencing of NHL goalies was to indicate that even those who became good enough to play in the NHL their careers were not defined by the age of 17 or 18 ...they had to continue to develop and mature to become elite goalies (OHL or NHL).

The statistics show that there are many current NHL goalies whose careers began much like Brent Moran's.

Last edited by Blacksox; 06-14-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's fine. I hope Moran has a fantastic NHL career. I'm a lot more concerned with the IceDogs, and their depth in net. The point I was making about Brent is simply that at this point he is what he is, and the Dogs need an upgrade.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Well, that's fine. I hope Moran has a fantastic NHL career. I'm a lot more concerned with the IceDogs, and their depth in net. The point I was making about Brent is simply that at this point he is what he is, and the Dogs need an upgrade.
Hey dogged74 I think you and I have made a couple circle on this one... since I'm now back to my original post on this topic... "goalie statistics in the OHL over the last few years indicate that the goalie's 3rd year is when most (not all) will likely mature into an elite goalies". .

For the sake of the Ice Dogs, I hope I'm right, but if after a few months we find that you're right, I hope they trade for Lucas Peressini

I guess in the end we both want the same thing for the Ice Dogs - a championship!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Serving a Suspension

DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD

Can anyone find out when the team will put the names of the players invited to camp?.....in other words the training camp list of roster players
Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSWORLD View Post
Can anyone find out when the team will put the names of the players invited to camp?.....in other words the training camp list of roster players

Maybe you will see the name of that player who is so amazing and you can tell the rest of us?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Serving a Suspension

DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD DOGSWORLD

who ever talked about an AMAZING player pup 96?????....trying to put words in someone's mouth is lacking class and respect.......I talked about a player I heard that had size and speed and some skill that could help on the third line and sometimes second.......didn't retain his name as it was a conversation in passing.......if I knew how to send a bad reputation comment I would send one towards you now.........so please everyone read carefully what I just wrote.....only pup96 says this false info and anyone else echoing it would fall in the same category
Old 06-15-2015, 06:19 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Oshawa generals traded OA def will petschenig to Saginaw for 2nd and 4th round picks....if we trade OA def brian brosnan do you think we can get same for him??
Old 06-15-2015, 06:49 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Oshawa generals traded OA def will petschenig to Saginaw for 2nd and 4th round picks....if we trade OA def brian brosnan do you think we can get same for him??
I think that Brian will unfortunately be a victim of numbers this year and whatever we can get for him would be better than if we just end up releasing him. It is too bad because he has done a respectable job for us and has improved every year but I just can't see him making a case for himself over some of our other players for an overage spot. I will wish him all the best of luck if and when he does get traded and I hope he finishes his OHL career by attracting some pro teams to take a chance on him at the end of the season. Go Dogs Go.!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSWORLD View Post
Based on the information provided by many of the members on this fan forum site, the training camp roster will look something like this – along with any possible traded for players.

Let me know if there are any names that should be added or deleted.

GOAL
Brent Moran
Stephen Dhillon
Colton Incze:
Ryan Langford
Mackenzie Savard

DEFENCE
Vince Dunn
Bray Crowder
Jonathon Schaefer
Hayden Davies
Jack Wieringa
Blake Siebenaler
Zach Wilkie
Ryan Mantha
Aaron Haydon
Aleksandar Mikulovich
Ryan Sarris

CENTRE
Ben Jones C:
Mikkel Aagaard C (???)
Jordan Maletta C (OA)
Christopher Paquette C (R-H)
Kyle Langdon C (R-H)

LEFT WING
Cal Davis LW
Anthony DiFruscia LW (OA)
Brendan Perlini LW
Graham Knott LW
Matt Gillard LW
Mitchell Fitzmorris LW (OA)

RIGHT WING
Johnny Corneil RW
Josh Ho-Sang RW
Cameron Bisson RW
Evan Krassey RW

2015 DRAFT
Ryan Smith F (L)
Liam Ham D (L)
Max Khull F
Mitchell Crevatin D
Matthew Philip F
Hunter Canestra F (R)
Drew Hunter D
Bradley Johnson F (R)
Andrew Somerville D (L)
2014 DRAFT
Adam Baggs D
Joshua Dame C
Jake Joffe RW 5’5”

Last edited by Blacksox; 06-18-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:01 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

OA def brian brosnan