Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,452    Downloads: 1,216,165   Msgs Posted: 122,215   Thread Views: 21,789,291   Online Now: 89
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arena project receives gold seal

I do not know if this article goes here or some place else http://www.stcatharines.ca/en/News/i...4-95aa8f169f30
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Serving a Suspension

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

where are the finished interrior plans?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
DogFan

I have seen a copy of the plans and it looks really nice. I don't know if it is covered in the other thread but I was told in the end it will be a lot like Guelph.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:20 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFan View Post
I have seen a copy of the plans and it looks really nice. I don't know if it is covered in the other thread but I was told in the end it will be a lot like Guelph.
YOU'VE seen a copy? That's great...I wonder when the rest of us will get that chance?

Since the only drawing we have seen of the inside is actually a direct copy of the one in Guelph, I guess it only makes sense that it will look a lot like it.

Have never been to the Sleeman Centre but I hear it's nice. The photos I've seen look good. Only real complaints I have heard are the concourses can get a little congested during intermissions...especially around the snack bar areas.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

That's funny because I've actually sent 3 e/mails to PBK Architects Inc. in the last 3 weeks asking if they are providing any new & more detailed specific renderings or virtual tours for the new St. Catharines spectator facility?

Similar to this...
- With no response unfortunately.

On another note: and I know people will just shake their head at this. But I hope to God they don't incorporate blue seating into the new arena like Guelph has. First of all Blue seats immediately look dated and remind me of the 80's, they don't match our uniform colors. And even though most people might think that Red, Maroon & Burgundy seating is overdone? Well there is a reason that 90% of the newest facilities built in the last 15-20 years have used these colors.. they give a more sophisticated and luxurious look to the arena. Blue is cold! I know, I know it's an arena! I still hate blue seating immensely. Kingston and London Grey maybe? But Sudbury and Plymouth Blue sucks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DogDaze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if it will be red seats to match our uniforms I just hope the pipes do not leak like the Gale Centre.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

That virtual tour of the Kitchener Aud would be awesome for here but at this point I'd settle for some updated drawings.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
2nd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I wonder if it will be red seats to match our uniforms I just hope the pipes do not leak like the Gale Centre.
I've actually given this some thought and I also vote for red. All the photos of rinks I've seen that have red seats look good.
Of course that's just my opinion.

Oh yeah...Gale Centre...big OUCH happening there. Only 3 years in and this happens. Apparently the company that built it is the same one that did the new one in Port Colborne.

Last edited by slamr; 06-12-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,362 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

I guess the $45M to design/construct the building didn't come with CAD-designed stuff. Probably had to pay extra for that - they're probably doing all the architectual work on paper Which means nobody (including the people building it) will really no what the final product will look like until it's built.

MOST companies design ever square inch in computer models before they even buy the material for it. You can go for a virtual walk through MOST stuff before any physical work is even done. 'Not the case with this building apparently!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Serving a Suspension

CoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by othersCoyoteLaneFarms is absolutely hated by others

I am really excited for this arena.... i watch the webcam at some point everyday to see the progress. Just itching for something new. I also do not want blue seating.. But i heard from a buddy who works for a company thats makes machines that mold plastic ..he said that for some reason blue colour in the plastic is cheaper...for some reason. I myself am hoping the dogs .. can have red and black sections.

That artist rendering that we originally got was just a rough out and may or may not look anything like the final product.

I guess we will see... cant wait though...

we should organize a once a month tail gate party down at the construction site.... BYOB and food... loud music... and jersey's... wouldnt that be funny? LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoyoteLaneFarms For This Useful Post: