Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,076    Downloads: 790,605   Msgs Posted: 107,978   Thread Views: 15,031,745   Online Now: 63
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default OHL TV coverage

It is Rogers TV that is cancelling the Mississauga games right away. No OHL Final TV via Mississauga. I also read that something alternate is in the works for broadcasting the Final Series.

I have read that the cutbacks at Rogers TV will also affect Ottawa TV as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this statement on Twitter.
Iain Colpitts‏ @IainMissiNews 3h3 hours ago
More
For OHL fans, just got word from Rogers that "Rogers Tv’s coverage of the OHL Playoffs will continue without interruption this year."
Old 05-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Top Prospect

Good read here that I found on Twitter. Sounds like the owner might be starting to become impatient after all these years. I hope that the link works... LOL

Iain Colpitts‏
@IainMissiNews

OHL final will be a good measuring stick to see if the Steelheads can round up enough local support in next few yrs.
https://www.mississauga.com/sports-s...ing-ohl-final/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 08:33 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Rogers TV in Mississauga has ceased operations, not the Steelheads.

I hope Rogers and Cogeco don't start closing the community channels in all cities or otherwise we may not have any OHL TV coverage anymore.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:53 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Rogers TV in Mississauga has ceased operations, not the Steelheads.

I hope Rogers and Cogeco don't start closing the community channels in all cities or otherwise we may not have any OHL TV coverage anymore.
Unfortunately this may be the beginning to the end of OHL coverage on local cable channels. Shaw has closed their community channels in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and Rogers is also closing their community channels in Brampton and Richmond Hill in August in addition to Mississauga. How much longer will it be until Cogeco does the same. I think the internet will soon be the only way to watch OHL games on TV.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect

Rogers TV will also affect Ottawa TV as well as the 67's will also lose their TV exposure.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,085 Times in 603 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Unfortunately this may be the beginning to the end of OHL coverage on local cable channels. Shaw has closed their community channels in Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and Rogers is also closing their community channels in Brampton and Richmond Hill in August in addition to Mississauga. How much longer will it be until Cogeco does the same. I think the internet will soon be the only way to watch OHL games on TV.

Uhmmm Rogers and cogeco et al do the broadcasting ...
So if they are starting to shut down community tv ... there will be no production of the games by Rogers and cogeco ... therefore there will be no games on tv to watch ...

Funny that they are both closing down these local channels...both cogeco and Rogers are more profitable then ever ... guess not enough profits. No wonder I cut the cord years ago ... sick of giving these huge companies my $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Uhmmm Rogers and cogeco et al do the broadcasting ...
So if they are starting to shut down community tv ... there will be no production of the games by Rogers and cogeco ... therefore there will be no games on tv to watch ...

Funny that they are both closing down these local channels...both cogeco and Rogers are more profitable then ever ... guess not enough profits. No wonder I cut the cord years ago ... sick of giving these huge companies my $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sudbury and the Soo do not have Cogeco or Rogers. They have Eastlink and Shaw. However only half of the games are broadcasted by these cable companies. The other half of the games are broadcasted over the internet by Neulion, who also broadcast the games in Erie and Flint. Neulion also broadcasts the majority of the games in the WHL and QMJHL as few teams have cable companies that broadcast the games. Neulion uses the in house cameras (or scout camera if there are no in house cameras) and syncs the radio audio to the video to produce the broadcasts.

So like I said in my previous post, if Cogeco and Rogers close down their community channels, the only way to watch OHL games on TV will be through the internet.