Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,075    Downloads: 777,646   Msgs Posted: 107,882   Thread Views: 14,726,448   Online Now: 31
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:29 PM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,010 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

There is always the odd businessman who hits bottom and starts digging. In those cases you look for an alternative motivation, liked being important, did it for a family member, afraid of losing face, revenge.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:11 AM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Yah, alphabetically listed they'd be like 10, so I'd be interested in where the state which franchise is what number.
The latest rumors are that Niagara is Team 6 based on the series of losing years then the sudden climb in 2014-15 with the opening of the Meridian Centre.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:29 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a reasonable assumption. My thinking has always been that if approval to build the MC was never given, MC never built, the Dogs would have moved as of 2012-13. The Jack, I'm sure, was maxed out in terms of generation of revenue. They plastered that thing with as much advertising as humanly possible. And at 3145 capacity, there's only so much you can do.
This season is the rebuild year. The bottom of the cycle. To think that the Dogs might still make the playoffs is amazing. Moreover, that if the Dogs keep improving from here, the attendance, and the revenue, will also continue to increase.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 1,973 Times in 825 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
The latest rumors are that Niagara is Team 6 based on the series of losing years then the sudden climb in 2014-15 with the opening of the Meridian Centre.
The judge said the tax returns are to be un-sealed, we'll find out soon enough.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
1st Line

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
The judge said the tax returns are to be un-sealed, we'll find out soon enough.
Really though how much they make isn't really the issue - the issue is are the players employees or not? If they are employees then they are entitled to wages for playing, training, travelling, practicing, appearances etc. I work at a restaurant and if the owner makes bad decisions or the food isn't good and the place is losing money, I am still entitled to my wage.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:06 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It can't be team 6. The IceDogs have only played 2 years at the MC and team 6 has revenue of over 3 million in years 2014, 2015 and 2016 after only having revenue of 1.1 million in 2013. I would guess team 6 is Erie as they spiked in attendance from the 12-13 season to the 13-14 season.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,010 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Really though how much they make isn't really the issue - the issue is are the players employees or not? If they are employees then they are entitled to wages for playing, training, travelling, practicing, appearances etc. I work at a restaurant and if the owner makes bad decisions or the food isn't good and the place is losing money, I am still entitled to my wage.
Good point. I am sure the CHL is hedging its bets in the event the ruling goes the way of "employee" versus "student". They will argue the education package, plus stipend/allowance, plus equipment, plus training, plus travel and accommodations, plus exposure to NHL scouts, more than makes up for an hourly wage (or salary).

Personally, I don't see the CHL coming out of this one unscathed. I see the ruling going the way of an employee, and the rest will be down to negotiations. This may be the dawn of the CHLPA.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:00 PM
1st Line

If that happens you might see some of the smaller clubs folding up. That might be bad for the sake of history or nastolgia but in reality it will probably make the league stronger with four less teams to water down the talent pool.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

If the players win, they might just have to start bringing their own equipment and a lot of hockey sticks to get them through the season.
They might have to pay for their own room and board.

So on and so on and so on.

This is like opening pandoras box here
Old 02-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

This might destroy junior hockey