Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,078    Downloads: 815,425   Msgs Posted: 108,921   Thread Views: 15,810,474   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,314 Times in 600 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Source: The London Free Press

Every hockey fan who believed the Ontario Hockey League favours the Knights and bows to its flagship franchise has a brand-new spokesman.

It’s Windsor Spitfires coach Rocky Thompson, who went on an epic anti-London diving and officiating rant after dropping a 5-2 series-tying decision to the Knights before 8,670 Sunday at Budweiser Gardens.

The one-time pro pugilist believes the only way the Memorial Cup hosts can combat the embellishment of the defending champs the rest of the way is to teach his players to flop around on the ice in order to draw penalties too.

“I think we obviously have no choice because they invented it here (in London),” Thompson said. “They’re the best.”

Thompson, a former Oilers assistant, called it disrespectful and a shame on the game. He said the NHL is trying to get rid of the ref-baiting at the highest level and London players are going to be put on a watch list and fined for it when they move up to those ranks.

The discipline committee should soon have some full coffers.

“Every time there was the slightest amount of contact with the London Knights they dove and they got rewarded for it,” Thompson said. “They made the refs look foolish and a national audience (on Sportsnet) saw it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Poor Rocky, must be feeling intense pressure being the MC hosts and perhaps an early exit from the PO's.

I think he played his cards too early, I sense a league fine on its way.

#48 is back from his suspension (yes, Knights get suspended too) whisk means, more scoring up front and MVS moves back on defence.

Much exiting hockey left in this series, fun to watch, if you are watching.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:13 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

I think even Knights fans must see how ridiculous the diving and flopping is getting. But with Branch in charge, nothing will get done.

It seems like there is more and more controversy in the OHL. We have the largest lawsuit in CHL history being debated in court right now. (Branch is the president of the CHL inaddition to Commissioner of the OHL.) The OHL has been highly criticize for its 3 fight limit. (I believe the QMJHL has a 10 fight limit while there is no limit in the WHL). Windsor was penalized for illegal player recruitment a few years back while the Spitfires complained, along with others, that other OHL teams do the same but don't get penalized. The Knights are allegedly selling fake game worn jerseys. The problems seem endless.

To me it seems like things are getting messy. If this was any other company with all these problems, the president likely would be let go by now. I don't understand why Branch is still here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Top Prospect

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Poor Rocky, must be feeling intense pressure being the MC hosts and perhaps an early exit from the PO's.

I think he played his cards too early, I sense a league fine on its way.

#48 is back from his suspension (yes, Knights get suspended too) whisk means, more scoring up front and MVS moves back on defence.

Much exiting hockey left in this series, fun to watch, if you are watching.
I now like Rocky and if I was not on a fixing income, I might contact him and offer to pay a part of his fine.
Good on him for calling a spade a spade.

Go Windsor Go
Old 03-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think even Knights fans must see how ridiculous the diving and flopping is getting. But with Branch in charge, nothing will get done.

It seems like there is more and more controversy in the OHL. We have the largest lawsuit in CHL history being debated in court right now. (Branch is the president of the CHL inaddition to Commissioner of the OHL.) The OHL has been highly criticize for its 3 fight limit. (I believe the QMJHL has a 10 fight limit while there is no limit in the WHL). Windsor was penalized for illegal player recruitment a few years back while the Spitfires complained, along with others, that other OHL teams do the same but don't get penalized. The Knights are allegedly selling fake game worn jerseys. The problems seem endless.

To me it seems like things are getting messy. If this was any other company with all these problems, the president likely would be let go by now. I don't understand why Branch is still here.
Did you even watch the game 5????
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,005 Times in 833 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Rocky took a page right out of the Dale Hunter playbook.... don't look in the mirror, blame everyone else for the loss.

Having said that, how that was a 5 minute major to Addison was a complete joke and has anyone seen actual footage of the puck across the line on the 1st London goal? Ref waves it off, goal judge didn't turn on the light, Sportsnet has 107 views (not of which show the puck in the net), yet, they hang up the phone and point to centre ice. Good goal.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Top Prospect

@winstarparker Addison suspended 2 games for that cross check. Broke his stick btw, those sticks break all the time.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,314 Times in 600 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

More commentary on the disgraceful ways of the London Knights!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ctful-knights/

A few telling quotes from the story and video!

1. Rocky Thompson is obviously not alone in his thoughts of the London Knights

Rocky Thompson ramped up the intensity by joining the roll call of coaches who have suggested Knights players kind of, sort of, embellish contact to get a call.

2. Dale Hunter was at those OHL meeting!?

We talked about this at the start of the year at the OHL meetings with the head coaches, etc., because you’re getting rewarded for situations that you’re trying to get rid of in the game. You should have to earn what you get, not have to act and be rewarded as a result of it. And that’s what happened here tonight.”
Old 03-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Top Prospect

Did you watch the game Blacksox?
Old 03-27-2017, 06:52 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Did you watch the game Blacksox?
I think all of us have watched the London dive team enough to agree that perhaps smoke and fire are related. And no I didn't watch the game either.