Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,110,464   Msgs Posted: 120,059   Thread Views: 20,607,026   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:26 AM
3rd Line

louie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
How many hits like that did Shankar throw against North Bay or Barrie?
I seem to recall that it was ....ZERO.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Just to give Shankar a little bit of a time out, he will be gone after this season at the latest.

By bigger issue is with another defense-man that scares the hell out of me every time he touches the puck and will not take a hit for the team to set up a play.
This statement should give Shankar a little breather room...
Old 12-19-2017, 07:42 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,053 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
How many hits like that did Shankar throw against North Bay or Barrie?
Ice Dogs should be using Shankar’s playing time to develop Constantino and Hunter instead. Shankar is an OA that just didn't workout - it's no big deal, just move on and fix it.

But to answer your question: Shankar almost KO Brandon Coe in the game against North Bay.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:59 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Carbonara consistently dodged Murray in the Barrie game, there were so many non-hits it was pathetic.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,053 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Carbonara consistently dodged Murray in the Barrie game, there were so many non-hits it was pathetic.
Carbonara was very candid during his “Ice Dogs This Week” interview. He basically said - the combination of the OHL rule changes, suspensions and his reputations has forced him to change his game. Carbonara went on to explain - that he cannot be reactive and do what he would do instinctively, but has to be more calculated and careful when he is going to hit someone (e.g., is he facing me? Is he facing the boards, where is his head - where are my elbows? etc….).

It was a very good interview!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:59 AM
2nd Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Carbonara was very candid during his “Ice Dogs This Week” interview. He basically said - the combination of the OHL rule changes, suspensions and his reputations has forced him to change his game. Carbonara went on to explain - that he cannot be reactive and do what he would do instinctively, but has to be more calculated and careful when he is going to hit someone (e.g., is he facing me? Is he facing the boards, where is his head - where are my elbows? etc….).

It was a very good interview!
Yeah I watched it and thought, hmm he was brought in for a role and now he doesn't want to do it. Funny other players on other teams have no qualms about being the tough guy.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Yeah I watched it and thought, hmm he was brought in for a role and now he doesn't want to do it. Funny other players on other teams have no qualms about being the tough guy.
But those other guys probably don’t have the history either and I bet it’s part of why Shankar isn’t hitting like we thought he would as well
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
But those other guys probably don’t have the history either and I bet it’s part of why Shankar isn’t hitting like we thought he would as well
Sounds like an ideal time to unload them then, if they can't or won't do what they were brought in to do and stop wasting our time, Let's develop the younger ones ie: Constantinou and Martin.
The Following User Says Thank You to louie dogg For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogg View Post
Sounds like an ideal time to unload them then, if they can't or won't do what they were brought in to do and stop wasting our time, Let's develop the younger ones ie: Constantinou and Martin.
Who said they were wasting anyone’s time i would agree with you about shipping them out if those you mentioned weren’t playing at all but they are. They could and would play the way they were expected to if the refs didn’t give guys penalties for good solid hits
Old 12-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogg View Post
Wasting our time!?????? woah.............

They are not wasting my time, but, I wish that some player were what they were brought here for and there are more than the one that we are picking on right now.

I am confident that all will be ok at the end of the day.

Go Dogs Go !!!!!

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 12-19-2017 at 03:26 PM.