Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,343    Downloads: 886,653   Msgs Posted: 117,573   Thread Views: 18,210,965   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:01 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what's the word with Shankar?
All I know, we are a much better team without him
Old 01-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
As a human being, I hope he is fine. As an Ice Dog fan I say "Who Cares?"
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I donít think having him in the lineup would have changed much of anything this weekend his game probably would have benefited from the officiating against Hamilton
Old 01-01-2018, 11:03 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I donít think having him in the lineup would have changed much of anything this weekend his game probably would have benefited from the officiating against Hamilton
Are you kidding me.
Hamilton's fast team would have been skating circles around him.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Are you kidding me.
Hamilton's fast team would have been skating circles around him.
They skated circles around a few guys anyways so it really wouldnít of been that much different
Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 PM
4th Line

TeachMeHowToDougie will become famous soon enoughTeachMeHowToDougie will become famous soon enough

Shankar traded to Windsor for a 7th round pick in 2019.
The Following User Says Thank You to TeachMeHowToDougie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

He Windsor problem now
Old 01-02-2018, 02:10 PM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nice

We paid a 5th rounder for him and got a 7th rounder 3 months later. Add to the fact that he really did not help us much and I would have to grade that trade an "F" for our GM. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve for another OA that will help us this year
Old 01-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,988 Times in 942 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
We paid a 5th rounder for him and got a 7th rounder 3 months later. Add to the fact that he really did not help us much and I would have to grade that trade an "F" for our GM. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve for another OA that will help us this year
...but he gets an A+ for recognizing the mistake and being willing to correct it! Joey Burke is proving to be a very good GM that we can trust to do what is best for the team.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:20 PM

Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,407 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Under the former GM, we would have ridden Shankar until the end of the season.

We lost a 5th, gained a 7th and had him in the dressing room and on the ice (sort of) for 3 months. Shankar did not play the same way in Niagara as he did in North Bay. I think he was scouted properly and the GM made a good choice in bringing him here. Either he put the brakes on because he wanted to coast for the rest of his tenure, he was not happy with the trade, or their was an injury - but the play I saw out of Shankar in previous years did not materialize here. It is tough to fault a GM for any of those issues except perhaps the "happy" part... send out a player liaison agent to gauge his level of satisfaction perhaps? But recognizing he was under-performing after selection and cutting him for a 2 point loss, I give him an A for that decision.

It also sends a message to anyone else on the team who might be a little sad about playing in Niagara, or decides to coast...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: