Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,423    Downloads: 1,189,225   Msgs Posted: 121,121   Thread Views: 21,341,936   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Was acquiring Sam Miletic the right move?
YES - wait and see, in Joey we trust! 13 38.24%
NO - short term gain, long term pain! 21 61.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sam Miletic - Vote Now

The fan forum has erupted on this one with some heavy weights showing some very strong opinions. Did Joey Burke make the right move at the right time or has he mortgaged our future potential by looking at our chances this year?
Old 01-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Mtself personally i like it.. it tells me that the organization still wants to stay competitive and not just roll over cause " its not our year".. i pay money to watch this team compete... and sunday was proof tbat something had to nmbe done and Joey went and did it we will recoup those picks with moving bodies that wont fit next year
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Joey Burke has demonstrated a good ability to recoup lost draft picks in the past. Getting Miletic was a good pickup. Expensive, but if this works out, it will have been worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,424 Times in 868 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Mtself personally i like it.. it tells me that the organization still wants to stay competitive and not just roll over cause " its not our year".. i pay money to watch this team compete... and sunday was proof tbat something had to nmbe done and Joey went and did it we will recoup those picks with moving bodies that wont fit next year
Short and sweet, I concur with dogs77 but, I will the price would have been less.
Still think that there is something behind the curtain for either tomorrow or the summer break.

Plus, accepting the things that we cannot or care not to change..

Once again, this apparently this popular phrase "In Joey we trust" LOL
Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Joey Burke has demonstrated a good ability to recoup lost draft picks in the past. Getting Miletic was a good pickup. Expensive, but if this works out, it will have been worth it.
But what’s “working out”
Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
In theory, they will recoup picks with bodies that won't fit... But... Which bodies do you see not fitting next season. We have an overabundance of 98s and 99s. I'd like to see some moved out... Except for one... Very small... Little problem. I don't see a market anywhere near recouping the picks we will need to be competitive at a League Championship level (never mind a Memorial Cup level).

Who are you thinking they can move, and realistically what do you think they will be able to get for them. Unless this team REALLY ups it's game in the 2nd half (and I will concede, IceDogs traditionally seem to be a 2nd half team), they won't be able to build enough equity in the 2nd tier players to be able to flip them for the picks they need.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

My concern re: overpaying for Militec stems from a question of 'Is he good?' OR 'Is he good because he was playing for a stacked team in London?'

If it's that he's good, then maybe we didn't overpay, and he will be able to give Thomas the assistance he needs.

If it's just that playing in London, on a stacked team, made him better. Then perhaps we did overpay, and will suffer badly for that.

The hope is that he is both, good, and will provide some leadership as a proven scorer in the league who may be able to help get some of our guys to the next level...
Old 01-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
In theory, they will recoup picks with bodies that won't fit... But... Which bodies do you see not fitting next season. We have an overabundance of 98s and 99s. I'd like to see some moved out... Except for one... Very small... Little problem. I don't see a market anywhere near recouping the picks we will need to be competitive at a League Championship level (never mind a Memorial Cup level).

Who are you thinking they can move, and realistically what do you think they will be able to get for them. Unless this team REALLY ups it's game in the 2nd half (and I will concede, IceDogs traditionally seem to be a 2nd half team), they won't be able to build enough equity in the 2nd tier players to be able to flip them for the picks they need.
Langdon and or Schafer will have to go because they’ll have 4 OA players and yes they won’t get what you lost in the trade but you’ll get something I could see them trading Bruder or castleman as well
Old 01-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Langdon and or Schafer will have to go because they’ll have 4 OA players and yes they won’t get what you lost in the trade but you’ll get something I could see them trading Bruder or castleman as well
In what world do Castleman and Bruder have much in the way of trade value at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 07:03 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
In what world do Castleman and Bruder have much in the way of trade value at the moment.
I wasn’t thinking at the moment more so in the summer or next year when hopefully they have more of a value